Re: [beam] Solar roller battle event........

  • Ben a micklin
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25 8:13 PM
      WHOA!!! Someone responded to my message! Thanks Brien!

      yup. Put all the solar rollers in a circle, all facing inwards, then
      let'em rip. In other words, let the bots CREAM each other and fight
      amongst them selves. When one is knocked over, it is taken out. Budscott
      has some better ideas on this than I do, so ask him about it.

      No, the 'bots could have scoops, or there would at least be some
      obstacles int he way. (Eg, pit of marbles, or bearings, dirt, sand,)
      someone would get caught up then get trampled by the oncoming flow of
      "traffic" and get knocked over, disabled, etc.

      Budscott has an idea for a "Symet Sumo" event, I'm guess that that is
      more interesting than Watching a SOlar Roller Demolition Derby!

      ~ben~

      On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:40:30 EDT turtletek@... writes:

      > Hm, A solar roller battle?
      >
      > I don't think it'll work..the defensive would be much stronger than
      > any
      > offensive another solar roller could provide. What I mean is that no
      > one
      > would win, such an event would just go on forever.
      >
      > Good basic idea, though
      >
      > -Brien the TurtleTek
      > www.extremesc.com/turtletek/beam
      >
      > cubicle_dweller@... writes:
      > > I have a new idea for a "Solar roller battling" event!
      > > I remember a g "Destruction derby" in one level, you were in a
      > bowl
      > > shaped arena, your goal was to smash up as much of the
      > ocmpetition before
      > > they smash you up. Sounds good?
      > >
      > > You can use standard pager motors, or RM-1s. You would use .047 f
      > caps,
      > > and 22x33 solar cells. Sounds fun? You bet!
      > >
      > > The soller rollers can have weapons, scoops, etc.. BUT, they
      > cannot
      > > damamge a competitor.

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.