do-it-yourself gearmotor

  • dkbovaird@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2002
      I was looking through the All electronics catalog ( http://www.allelectronics.com/ ) and noticed the Mabuchi RF-510T motor (Cat # DCM-176). Its a 6v, 2800rpm motor that only draws 10mA. Its about 1.25 inches in diameter with a 0.42inch long shaft, which might make it a bit rotund for a photovore motor but the low current draw is appealing and it'll probably run on less than 6v.

      Mabuchi doesn't seem to have it listed on their website ( http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/english/index.html ) so I guess its not made anymore.

      I thought that maybe combined with an AllElec. gear set (CAT # GR-5) it might be usable. Actually it would take three of the gear sets combined to reduce the rpm's down to about 23 rpm. Which would bring the total cost of a gearmotor to about $9.75, which could be considered not quite worth the effort I suppose.

      Anyway, has anyone tried out this motor?

      dave.