Re: biped walker? wild goose chase?

  • thediabloinferno@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 49 , Nov 30, 2001
      great!!! are you using beam tec or cpu?
      ohh yeah, your insparation (and looking at other spyders) has brought
      me to the conclusion: screw making a spyder first B-D
      im thinking my biped will be about 9" and im not sure about the
      wieght yet but im going to put small weights on the feet (for
      stabilaty) and im going to have the heavy stuff down as far as it can
      go :)
      ps: where do you live?, anywhere near san diego, ca

      alex

      --- In beam@y..., xycon_3@l... wrote:
      > i haven't found that link, but i've been looking for stuff about
      hoap-
      > 1 (the robot link i gave earlier). i found this
      > "The OS runs on an external computer which is connected to the
      robot
      > via USB. The tether also supplies the power for the robot to
      operate."
      > that's kind of disconcerting. oh well. we'll just beat them and
      make
      > a robot of smaller size with batteries and control built in! hah!
      > theirs is 18 inches tall and weighs 13 pounds. mine (i'm hoping)
      will
      > be inder a foot tall and weigh close to 5 lbs. riiiiigggttt...
      <grin>
      > i'll be joining you in your efforts to build a humanoid. not a
      biped,
      > a humanoid. as in head, arms, ect. later, e.
      >
      > --- In beam@y..., xycon_3@l... wrote:
      > > --- In beam@y..., thediabloinferno@y... wrote:
      > > > well its not there fault that a big astriod hit them :-)
      > >
      > > <grin>
      > >
      > > > well ive desided to put off the biped for a few weeks, im going
      > > > make a simpler 'spyder' to learn about branched bicores, by the
      > way
      > > > anyone know where there is a spyder circuit?
      > >
      > > there is no real circuit, but i'm sure one of the resident
      > > electronics experts will be able to come up with something.
      > >
      > > > and how the mechanics
      > > > of these work?, can they turn???!!!(how)
      > >
      > > well, for lots of detailed pictures go here:
      > > http://www.solarbotics.com/gallery/spyder_details.asp
      > >
      > > ok, i'm really sorry for saying it can't be done and all that. i
      > was
      > > just expressing my frustration at my attempts. don't let it ruin
      > your
      > > ideas. for some really good biped inspiration, go here:
      > > http://pr.fujitsu.com/en/news/2001/09/10.html - a really great
      > little
      > > biped. exactly what you want! it has _some_ detailed specs, but
      not
      > > really enough. also, i stumbled across a great link a while ago
      > when
      > > i was looking for some good biped stuff. i might be able to find
      > it,
      > > but i'm not so sure. i'll post it if/when i find it. i am really
      re-
      > > inspired, so i will be designing a biped. later, and good luck,

> [...]
    • Ben Micklin
      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 5, 2001
        Hi,

        Anybody have a link to Wilf's one motor walker
        circuit?

        Thanks,

        Ben

        http://greetings.yahoo.com