Re: [beam] Re: Cool little robots

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
      Some of them are the lens motors (Nihon) from BG Micro.

      Larry

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2001
        nope! not all nihon mini motor lens motors are the same! i have run
        across many nihon mini motors while taking apart camcorders. in fact,
        unless it's really old, i can almost guarantee that every camcorder
        has a pair of nihon mini motors in it! they seem to be the best ones
        for the job. they have that little white sticker on them, but they're
        not the same. happy beaming! later, e.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • leifwolf@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2001
          these are the ones i was thinking it would be cool to get a bunch of:
          http://members.tripod.com/sparkybots/images/headmtr1.jpg hosted at
          sparky's fotowalker page. thanks, sparky! those seem to be nice, a
          lot like the mac floppy eject motors, just the motor sticks out more.
          anyway, sorry for the sequential posts. later, e.

          In beam@y..., leifwolf@y... wrote:
          > nope! not all nihon mini motor lens motors are the same! i have run
          > across many nihon mini motors while taking apart camcorders. in
          fact,
          > unless it's really old, i can almost guarantee that every camcorder
          > has a pair of nihon mini motors in it! they seem to be the best
          ones
          > for the job. they have that little white sticker on them, but
          they're
          > not the same. happy beaming! later, e.
          >
          > --- In beam@y..., "Larry" <larry@l...> wrote:
          > > Some of them are the lens motors (Nihon) from BG Micro.
          > >
          > > Larry

        • S. G.
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2001
            actually, those motors in that pic have a gearboxthat is belt-driven.
            a small rubber belt from the motor to the gearbox.

            I can see how this would slip or wear in a lot of robotic applications!
            -Sparky