photo diodes and transistors

  • Pat Nicklas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      I was wondering what the difference between a photo diode and a photo
      transistor is. When is it best to use one or the other? I figure they
      can't be interchanged because I've not had much luck doing this in some
      circuits. Because of this, I was wondering if there is some general design
      modifications that can be made when substituting one for the other. Thanks
      for any help.

      Later,

      Pat