Re: [beam] Mercury Switches

  • David Simmons
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 30, 2001
      Active Surplus, Queen St and John St, in downtown Toronto. Worth the trip to
      Toronto. Well, for some of us it is.

      Dave S.
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2001
        why not just make a few? i saw a tutorial on it some where but
        basicly you glue some wires (close together) in two bottle caps and
        put a drop of water in it the glue the bottle caps together(with the
        wires hanging out) make sure its water tight!, and VOIALA a almost
        mercury switch! for absolotly FREE

        --- In beam@y..., "Ori" <sbarbut@s...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone!
        >
        > I need a few mercury switches, and I want to know where I can get
        them. With
        > the shipping hassles of these switches, it has been hard to find
        them. Does
        > anyone where I can buy a few?
        >
        > Ori
      • vladimir yurkov
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2001
          i have an even better one, much smaller, take a straw or some type of tube, but a metal ball bearing in it, and put metal contacts on each end of the tube, so the ball rolls to one side and shorts 2 of them, rolls the otehr way, and shorts the other 2.
             ________
           =___O___=  <--- something like that

          --- In beam@y..., "Ori" <sbarbut@s...> wrote:
          > Hi everyone!
          >
          > I need a few mercury switches, and I want to know where I can get
          them. With
          > the shipping hassles of these switches, it has been hard to find
          them. Does
          > anyone where I can buy a few?
          >
          > Ori

        • vladimir yurkov
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2001
            i think all electronics carries them......and i thought solarbotics did...but i cant find em on it
            So is the bottom line: I wont be able to get my hands on some real mercury switches?

            Ori

            --- In beam@y..., "Ori" <sbarbut@s...> wrote:
            > Hi everyone!
            >
            > I need a few mercury switches, and I want to know where I can get
            them. With
            > the shipping hassles of these switches, it has been hard to find
            them. Does
            > anyone where I can buy a few?
            >
            > Ori

          • Ori

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 30, 2001
                Ori wrote:
                Hi everyone!

                I need a few mercury switches, and I want to know where I can get them. With
                the shipping hassles of these switches, it has been hard to find them. Does
                anyone where I can buy a few?

                Ori

                Clever Cam is a pen sized digital camera, webcam, and mini-camcorder. Just $79.95 at Youcansave.com.
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/F11sED/NkNDAA/ySSFAA/7brrlB/TM

                If you can't find them (didi you try all-electronics?), try to build them yourself.
                A steel ball running into a pen cap (or any other plastic tubing, closed at one end) and the contacts placed on the other side (to do a professional thing, you can use solarbotics Augut pins), close to each other.

                --

                I'll be back.
                Luca

              • Dave
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 30, 2001
                  At 09:42 PM 30/10/2001, vladimir yurkov wrote:
                  >i think all electronics carries them......and i thought solarbotics
                  >did...but i cant find em on it

                  Yup, we used to. Got no more, sorry!

                  Regards,
                  Dave
                • Ori
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 30, 2001

                    --- In beam@y..., "Ori" <sbarbut@s...> wrote:
                    > Hi everyone!
                    >
                    > I need a few mercury switches, and I want to know where I can get
                    them. With
                    > the shipping hassles of these switches, it has been hard to find
                    them. Does
                    > anyone where I can buy a few?
                    >
                    > Ori

                  • Jeff Steele
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 31, 2001
                      Ori,

                      Try here:
                      http://www.mouser.com/catalog/cat_607/375.pdf

                      I've used these several times.

                      Jeff

                      --- Ori <sbarbut@...> wrote:
                      > So is the bottom line: I wont be able to get my hands on some real
                      > mercury switches?
                      >
                      > Ori

                      http://personals.yahoo.com
                    • César Blum Silveira
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
                        You can find them at Solarbotics.

                        Cesar

                        >From: "Ori" <sbarbut@...>
                        >To: <beam@yahoogroups.com>
                        >Subject: [beam] Mercury Switches
                        >Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:58:53 -0800
                        >
                        >Hi everyone!
                        >
                        >I need a few mercury switches, and I want to know where I can get them.
                        >With
                        >the shipping hassles of these switches, it has been hard to find them. Does
                        >anyone where I can buy a few?
                        >
                        >Ori

                        Chegou o novo MSN Explorer. Instale já. É gratuito!
                        http://explorer.msn.com.br