Re: [beam] Laser Show [was Re: Final Project ideas?]

  • David Simmons
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2001
      Chris,

      Warning, laser's are dangerous!

      That said, try google http://www.google.com/ and search for "laser
      spirograph" there are a few kits round also. Just one result I picked up in
      the search was
      http://www.ece.orst.edu/~ece482/lasers/ee48894/cheryl/cherfin.htm and they
      have a very simple system. Kyle's design is very close using a $9.95 surplus
      laser pointer at 3v with three motors/mirrors that are variable speed and
      reversible.

      Have fun and work safe,
      Dave Simmons

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2001
        Thank you for the information. I know lasers are dangerous. I have
        some experiences with them. for my eight grade science project I
        made a lithograph photo. using lasers. The laser we bought was a
        store scanner laser rebuild. The circuit digram they sent did not
        make sence. A friends dad worked for NASA and agreed to take the
        laser to work and have the engineers try to get the laser working for
        me. after about 2 months he brought it back to me and said they
        couldn't get it to work. I was determined to and my science project
        was dependent on it. I couldn't make the picture without it. One
        saterdaynight real late after studing the schematic i hooked it out
        and hoped it was right, plugged it in and a red dot apeared on the
        wall. unfortinutly my science project still failed because I messed
        up in makeing the glass negative. I have also done several papers on
        lasers. I still have my neon laser it still works great.
        I have been wanting to make a laser show for a long time. My wife
        would like it also.

        Does kyles laser show work they way you mentioned and have a show
        accourding to how much sun it got? Does he charge up caps or batts?

        Thanks,
        Chris

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • CUNROE@YAHOO.COM
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2001
          I tried to make a hologram not a lithograph.

          chris