Shokpopper SE

  • César Blum Silveira
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2001
      Can I use a 1381 or Fled SE in a Shok Popper?
      Thanks.
    • Dave Hrynkiw
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2001
        At 08:57 AM 9/16/2001, César Blum Silveira wrote:
        >Can I use a 1381 or Fled SE in a Shok Popper?
        >Thanks.

        No, I don't think so, as standard 2-transistor Solarengines need an
        inductive load to keep working. You'll have to use one of the "all purpose"
        drivers to drive the Shok.

        -Dave

        Solarbotics.com - for all your BEAM Robotics Needs
        -----
        Our sincerest sympathies to all those touched by the
        US tragedy.
      • wilf.rigter@powertech.bc.ca
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16, 2001
          Finally I had a chance to finish the Shok Theory paper which you can
          find here:

          http://www.geocities.com/wilf_nv/shoktheory.htm

          It includes a 1 (one) transistor variation of the FLED SE suitable
          for driving a ShokPopper/Head from a 3V solar cell or a battery!

          enjoy

          wilf

          --- In beam@y..., Dave Hrynkiw <sbcrap@s...> wrote:
          > At 08:57 AM 9/16/2001, César Blum Silveira wrote:
          > >Can I use a 1381 or Fled SE in a Shok Popper?
          > >Thanks.
          >

          > No, I don't think so, as standard 2-transistor Solarengines need an
          > inductive load to keep working. You'll have to use one of the "all
          purpose"
          > drivers to drive the Shok.
          >
          > -Dave

          > Solarbotics.com - for all your BEAM Robotics Needs
          > -----
          > Our sincerest sympathies to all those touched by the
          > US tragedy.
        • David Simmons
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
            Wilf,

            Very interesting paper, Kyle has used very similar concepts in the solar
            walker he developed. If I can ever get him to draw the circuit I'll post it.

            Thanks for the info,
            Dave Simmons