Re: Photopopper answers from Ben

  • Ken Hill
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2000
      I was referring to the Photopopper circuit at Beam-online:

      http://www.beam-online.com/Robots/Circuits/circuits.html

      (don't click the link to photopopper, just scroll down after circuits page
      loads, it's down there a ways)

      or just the circuit drawing:

      http://www.beam-online.com/Robots/Circuits/images/BEAMPP.JPG

      I see the misunderstanding now after seeing Chiu's circuit :)

      Thanks, Ken

      >Hmmm...
      >
      >Which schematic are you looking at? I went by the one at Chiu's site
      >(http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/6897/photovore.html).
      >
      >It doesn't show touch sensors, so I just made up what I thought would work.
      >No guarantees though :-)
      >
      >Ben
      >
      >----------
      >>From: Ken Hill <hardlock@...>
      >>To: beam@...
      >>Subject: Re: Photopopper answers from Ben
      >>Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:43
      >>

      >> Thanks Ben! Making much more sense now!
      >>
      >> [snip]

      >> After further study, I'm thinking that junction must be connected or the
      >> PDs wouldn't have any effect on the 1381 (am I right?)

      >> >Eh? RC networks? Where? The cap on the trigger of the 1381 is there to
      >> >allow different resistances of light sensor to have some effect...
      This is