Re: [beam] Another mail by bas

  • Bruce Robinson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24 4:45 PM
      sebastiaan van Vliet wrote:

      > I'm having these problems with my walker: The motors run faster when
      > I just hook them up to the batteries than they do with the H-bridges.
      > Would lowering the resistors be an option? I changed one resistor with
      > a potmeter to correct the bot from being limp. I use BC 640/BC639
      > H-bridges.

      I assume this is the 6-transistor H-bridge. Tilden suggests a minimum
      50k resistor (in practical terms, that would be 47k). Increasing from
      there will reduce the current flow to the motors. Right now, I'm using a
      47k resistor with a 100k trimpot in series; that lets me equalize the
      rotation of my gearmotors but also ensures that I don't get the
      resistance too low.

      > last Question: what was the one transistor to use in combonation
      > with the 2N2222?

      2N2907. I notice the more common designation now is PN2222 and PN2907.

      Bruce