Re: [beam] Fred

  • David Simmons
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2001
      Cesar,

      Just go to http://wollongong.apana.org.au/~ben/  for the Fred schematic, take a look around there is a few items of interest here.

      Then go to http://home.ust.hk/~bcandyp/solar.html to learn how to freeform the Fred remember to take some time to check out the hall of fame for some ideas.

      Regards,
      Dave Simmons
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 7:37 AM
      Subject: [beam] Fred

      Could anyone send me the shematics for Fred?
      Thanks.

    • JMW
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 2001
        i built a fred photopopper in 2 halves, i then attached them to my symet to
        troubleshoot. One pops, but doesn't reset, and the other half makes a small
        pop sound when i discharge the cap. i think that the second one is a
        transistor problem, but im not sure about the first maybe a loose conection,
        but i don't know. could someone with more expirence help me, i wna tthis to
        work before i start one walkers.

        -Jeremy
      • beh01@uow.edu.au
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 12, 2001
          Hi Jeremy,

          > i built a fred photopopper in 2 halves, i then attached them to my
          symet to
          > troubleshoot. One pops, but doesn't reset, and the other half
          makes a small
          > pop sound when i discharge the cap. i think that the second one is
          > transistor problem, but im not sure about the first maybe a loose
          conection,
          > but i don't know. could someone with more expirence help me, i wna
          tthis to
          > work before i start one walkers.

          There are a number of things that could be wrong here. Did you
          breadboard the circuit first?

          With the one that doesn't reset, try putting a 100 ohm resistor
          across the motor terminals. This can help with a circuit that
          doesn't reset.

          Go over the connections again, and see if you can figure out where
          you went wrong. It's always easier to troubleshoot a circuit that
          you know is right, compared to a circuit that could have wrong
          connections :-)

          With the one that makes a pop sound, is this a motor that is spinning
          a bit?

          Good luck,

          Ben
        • JMW
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 12, 2001
            the popping sound is not the motor, its a crackle but i don't know from
            where or what.

            -Jeremy

            >> i built a fred photopopper in 2 halves, i then attached them to my
            >symet to
            >> troubleshoot. One pops, but doesn't reset, and the other half
            >makes a small
            >> pop sound when i discharge the cap. i think that the second one is
            >> transistor problem, but im not sure about the first maybe a loose
            >conection,
            >> but i don't know. could someone with more expirence help me, i wna
            >tthis to
            >> work before i start one walkers.
            >
            >There are a number of things that could be wrong here. Did you
            >breadboard the circuit first?
            >
            >With the one that doesn't reset, try putting a 100 ohm resistor
            >across the motor terminals. This can help with a circuit that
            >doesn't reset.
            >
            >Go over the connections again, and see if you can figure out where
            >you went wrong. It's always easier to troubleshoot a circuit that
            >you know is right, compared to a circuit that could have wrong
            >connections :-)
            >
            >With the one that makes a pop sound, is this a motor that is spinning
            >a bit?
            >
            >Good luck,
            >
            >Ben

          • Andy Pang