On FRED's phototropism

  • Thomas Pilgaard
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2000
      ... or the lack of it perhaps.

      My FRED popper tends to be more phototropic when placed on certain materials
      than others. Mainly non-reflective white surfaces reveal the best results
      while my kitchen floor renders FRED blind - at least that is my perception
      of it.

      My question is this: are there any ways of increasing the phototropism. I've
      already placed heat-shrink on the sides of the FLEDs which helped a bit.

      One funny observation I've made BTW is that FRED often tends be phototropic
      in a sideways sort of manor. That is he scoots along in a 90 degree angle
      compared to my Chiu popper - sort of 'along' the light rather than towards
      it.

      Thanks,

      - Thomas

      -----
      [This space non-intentionally left non-blank]