What happens when motor load outstrips drivers?

  • Justin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 11:27 AM
      What happens when your motor drivers (eg 74HC based) can supply 50mA,
      and the load on your motors would prefer 100mA - does the motor just
      work with the 50mA and apply less torque to the load, or do Bad Things
      happen (eg chip damage, or power losses)?
      (I have a situation where I'd like to be able to limit the current the
      motors can draw, but I'm guessing the obvious way is never the best way
      :-)