RE: [beam] FLED SE problem

  • Danny Broers
    Message 1 of 36 , Jun 1, 2001
      I still have mine. How do I check it?

      Danny

      BTW I'm a bit overwhelmed of the amount of messages that was sent in reply
      to my relatively small problem, thanx guys! (I mean small as in: An FLED SE
      is a small task compared to building the walkers/crawlers/sliders you guys
      usually build.)

    • Sathe Dilip
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 1, 2001
        Sorry. The following drawing fixes the looks of the capacitors in the previous
        message.

        _uA__
        |+ _ |
        ------------0____0----------
        | NC Switch |
        | + |+
        Power ------ Capacitor(s)
        Supply ------_
        | _ |
        |____________________|

        ________________________________________________________________---

        Sathe Dilip wrote:

        > Snipped
        >
        > If what you have is a meter with fixed (selectable) current ranges, use a
        > normally closed (NC) switch in series with the capacitor. Connect your meter in
        > parallel with the switch. Set the range to something like 1000 uA (2mA will
        > do). Now let the capacitor charge for a few minutes & then open the switch to
        > bring the ammeter in circuit. If the current value is less than say 200 uA, you
        > can switch the meter to a lower range (if available). The switch protects the
        > meter from seeing the initial current inrush. Following drawing should give you
        > a general idea of this second scheme. If the measured leakage current is more
        > than or equal to the current supplied by your solar cell (the short circuit
        > current rating at 1 sun is probably the maximum it can generate. Actual current
        > will depend on the lighting condition), the capacitors will never charge enough
        > to fire the FLED. I am using the plural because sometimes one uses capacitors
        > in parallel to get the desired capacity.
        >
        > _uA__
        > |+ _ |
        > | NC Switch |
        > | + |+