Re: What can I use this for (OT)

  • Justin
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 10:30 PM
      >Does anybody know what this exactly is? Can I use it with
      > something

      It's a puck. The mouse-shaped version of a stylus - its input
      co-ordinates can be absolute (unlike a mouse which is relative), thus
      you can put a blueprint (or whatever) on the tablet and trace the
      design using the crosshairs on the perspex part of the puck.

      I doubt you'd be able to use it for anything. I've played with 3
      tablets (3 brands), none of the pucks or styluses worked with the
      other brands. A tabet of the same brand would have a reasonable chance
      of working. I've taken apart a stylus and there wasn't much in it. The
      work seems to be done in the tablet. I think the puck/stylus is just
      the electromagnetic equivalent of a TV remote - produces an
      oscillating field which is modified by the button pushes.

      Even if such a function was useful to you, I suspect would likely be
      more productive to cobble up a custom system from scratch than try to
      adapt the puck to your purposes.