Spring loaded launcher.

  • BUDSCOTT@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2000
      I was thinking about how you could get a spring loaded launcher to release
      quick enough to make it fly-it's Easter, and I opened up a plastic egg and it
      had a little chicken toy that would shoot up in the air by means of a spring
      and a suction cup. This is my idea, have a reel, a motor, and the spring
      launcher. Have the motor turn the reel that pulls in the grapple, then once
      the motor pulls down on the grapple enough to seal down the suction cup, have
      it release the reel (this could be done by a touch sensor). The suction cup
      will eventually release sending the grapple flying! A delay could be set for
      the reel to give the grapple enough fly time. Keepin it simple!

      -Spencer

      <http://www.botic.com/users/beamstop>

      not a robot scientist
      not a college major
      not a grad student
      not a professor
      not a very organized person
      just Spencer (isn't that impressive enough?)

      I didn't write this!
      | |
      | |
      \/