How do you make your parts interchangable? (was Re: jacks)

  • mjohnegroup@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
      (What does everyone else use? Anyone use similar
      connectors to make 'parts-interchangable' bots?)

      good connection an audio jack would be a perfect IMHO for switching
      solar cells between bots, connecting a bigger solar, etc.

      I've used RJ11 (Phone Cable) on misc. low-power battery applications
      and if I ever had a use for these for Beam I would definately look
      into using it there.. But you'll need crimpers and some Motherboard
      mounted RJ-11's..

      Dont forget a product Solarbotics carries (not anymore?). Basically a
      whole line of machine pins.. Break them out one-by-one and they work
      great for changing components pretty easilly.. I mainly use them for
      quick changing of capacitors.. I dont see that Solarbotics carries
      them anymore (hopefully Dave can tell me I'm wrong and give us an ETA
      on some more :) but BGMicro has them, part number SOC1020 4 strips of
      10 for $1.00 (Solarbotics was less expensive though as I recall).

      -John

      --- In beam@y..., Max Inggal <Tacoman101@y...> wrote:
      > Is it ok if I used an audio jack for power applications?

      > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Dave Hrynkiw
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
        At 07:37 AM 3/2/2001, you wrote:
        >Dont forget a product Solarbotics carries (not anymore?). Basically a
        >whole line of machine pins.. Break them out one-by-one and they work
        >great for changing components pretty easilly.. I mainly use them for
        >quick changing of capacitors.. I dont see that Solarbotics carries
        >them anymore (hopefully Dave can tell me I'm wrong and give us an ETA
        >on some more :) but BGMicro has them, part number SOC1020 4 strips of
        >10 for $1.00 (Solarbotics was less expensive though as I recall).

        I'll be looking into that shortly - we bought those surplus, and they were
        of exceptional quality at a great price, so I'm not sure if we can repeat
        that. We'll see....

        Regards,
        Dave
        "Um, no - that's H,R,Y,N,K,I,W. No, not K,I,U,U, K,I,_W_. Yes,
        that's right. Yes, I know it looks like "HOCKYRINK." Yup, only
        2 vowels. Pronounciation? _SMITH_".
        http://www.solarbotics.com