Re: [beam] H-bridge

  • Tyson B.
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
      it amplifies current, but as i've never tested it, im not sure by how much.

      --- David Wilson <ik0153@...> wrote:
      > I've been wondering. What exactly does an H-bridge do?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Dave Wilson

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • sebastiaan van Vliet
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
        This is perhaps the simplest way to describe an H-bridge: the bicore,
        microcore or any other circuit you are using determines what voltage the
        motor should be supplied with. The H-bridge makes ssure that the motor get's
        enough current to run on that voltage. See it as a current amplifier. 2N390X
        gives 100 Ma. 2N2222/2907 gives 800 Ma. BC 639/640 gives up to 1 Amp. I
        prefe these since they are a lot cheaper cheaper than 2N2222/ 2N2907, and
        are more flexible in current than 2N390X.

        For currents around 100 Ma I recommend the 74xx245 driver.