Re: [beam] H-bridge

  • Triffid Hunter
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
      provides a much higher current to an electrical motor than signal
      transistors or most chips can, also enables bi-directional control and
      PWM. generally needed for any motors much larger than your thumb. There
      are H-bridge ICs such as the L293 that can be used instead of building
      them from discrete parts, though it does have a limited current ability
      before it melts.

      > David Wilson wrote:
      >
      > I've been wondering. What exactly does an H-bridge do?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Dave Wilson
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >
      > www.

    • Tyson B.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
        it amplifies current, but as i've never tested it, im not sure by how much.

        --- David Wilson <ik0153@...> wrote:
        > I've been wondering. What exactly does an H-bridge do?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Dave Wilson

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • David Wilson
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
          I've been wondering. What exactly does an H-bridge do?

          Thanks,
          Dave Wilson
        • sebastiaan van Vliet
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
            This is perhaps the simplest way to describe an H-bridge: the bicore,
            microcore or any other circuit you are using determines what voltage the
            motor should be supplied with. The H-bridge makes ssure that the motor get's
            enough current to run on that voltage. See it as a current amplifier. 2N390X
            gives 100 Ma. 2N2222/2907 gives 800 Ma. BC 639/640 gives up to 1 Amp. I
            prefe these since they are a lot cheaper cheaper than 2N2222/ 2N2907, and
            are more flexible in current than 2N390X.

            For currents around 100 Ma I recommend the 74xx245 driver.