61365Re: miller solar engine + arduino?

  • yahmez_alpha
    Jun 23, 2014

      I don't have much experience with arduino, but I have done the same on a picaxe. I know that it can be done, and in fact, it's the most active SE I have ever made. Glancing at the ATMega 32U4 datasheet from the sparkfun page you linked, I see you can achieve very low power by disabling the ADC, Brown out detection, and other non essential things. Also running from the internal oscillator instead of the external crystal will drop power significantly.

      I don't know which libraries you need but I do know that the amount of space needed to pwm some led's and act as a SE is trivial compared to the amount of space provided.

      You can do this!

      By the way, here is my picaxe/BEAM bot:

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic