61362miller solar engine + arduino?

  • Charles Eubanks
    Jun 23, 2014
      I have been looking for a way to make an arduino micro last months on its own power outdoors using this board:

      for now I'm sticking with a simple concept like a group of "fireflies" using a set of PWM fed micro SMD LEDs.

      the challenge with the arduino is it constantly draws significant power running the circuit and so it's tough to keep them "alive" on battery power for extended periods.  I wondered if it might be possible to tack on a simple miller solar engine and cell to the board above and trigger it to come on only when the light gets low enough and recharge during the daylight hours.

      not expert enough to put the two together without some guidance though

      thanks!
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic