61316RE: Robotic "aerojelly" -- a future BEAM 'bot type?

  • <rlnansel@...>
    Feb 11, 2014

      This link says the wings beat about 20 times a second. It's also got good pictures, and it says the wings and frame are made with carbon fibre, with mylar covering the wings.

      This other link say it weighs 2.1 g, of which 1.1 g is the motor. This page also has some interesting diagrams of the linkages used, though I don't quite follow the labels in them. Maybe I just haven't stared at them long enough...

      - Bobby

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic