61314RE: Robotic "aerojelly" -- a future BEAM 'bot type?

  • robots42
    Feb 11, 2014
      Interesting but a pity we didn't seem to see real time video showing how fast the wings have to flap.
      Now if they reduced the size to make it 25 times smaller and hence the wing loading would be reduced by a factor of 25 it probably could float on air currents as insects do.
      On the web there have been a lot of similar sized flapping wing radio-controlled self contained - ie no power umbilical - aircraft built by hobbyists in their spare time rather than needing two years and four professors and then the  universities publicity department.to rationalise all thosw tax dollars.
      You were right we should look to the experts - the hobbyist model aircraft builders.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic