      Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:05 PM
      Subject: [beam] Re: Self introduction and my bots!

      Good morning!

      Thanks for the reply!
      I actually have a schematic I drew up in LTSPiceIV (it doesn't actually work in a simulation sense, but it is a clean looking way to draw a schematic) posted on Page 3 of the solar build thing on my website.   I'll post a link to that below.  I'll also try to post the picture directly using the proper HTML tags (it says "Most HTML is OK." at the bottom, so here's hoping it works, haha).  The idea for wiring the 555 up as a Schmitt inverter came from the beam wiki though, they have a very easy to understand schematic there as well.  A few things to note about the schematic is that LTSpiceIV doesn't have a potentiometer model, so you have to draw a potentiometer with three resistors instead.  So, "CntPot" is the 5k ohm centering pot and "SFdbk" is the feedback pot of the Servo.

      555's are so cheap and easy to get a hold of anywhere in the world, I think every project I build from here on out will probably have at least one 555 in it, haha!

      Also, I stumbled across a site called Costa Rica BEAM and the guy who runs that site has accumulated a huge resource of BEAM circuits!  Check it out here:
      http://costaricabeam.solarbotics.net/Circuits_Main.htm

      Here's the Beam Wiki link:
      www.beam-wiki.org/wiki/555
      http://www.beam-wiki.org/wiki/Image:Schmitt_Trigger_Configuration.GIF

      Here's the link to Page 3 of my build:
      https://sites.google.com/site/nakazoto/robot-rapture/my-robots/crazy-solar-3

      And finally here's my attempt at HTML coding:

      Thanks again for the reply!
      I hope this information helped!

      Cheers
      David

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, Sweet Riffs <sweetriffs44@...> wrote:

      > Wow I would love to get the schematic on that since 555's are so readily available, although I do have some 74ac2 40's and others laying around. If you can post any walker schematics or links I would appreciate it! I have one walker under my belt (the one from the junkbots books) but for some reason walker schematics seem to be quite elusive on the internet.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic