60811Re: Self introduction and my bots!

  • nakazoto_fc
    Mar 5, 2012
      Thank you very much!

      I can't take too much credit, the 555 timer idea came straight from BEAM wiki. I don't really know what goes on inside the circuits, but once I learned what all the inputs and outputs are supposed to do, it was just a matter of constructing the whole thing on a breadboard, which still took me two weeks to get right, haha.

      I really want to get back to work on my Fairlady Z restoration, but it's clean back in Texas and I'm currently in Japan! I did have a lot of fun restoring the diminutive Mitsubishi 360, though! I need to get more work done on my Isuzu Bellet as well. Too many projects and not enough time, haha.

      My next robotic project will use the 555 timer as a PWM servo controller. Prototyped this circuit () just a few minutes ago and it works amazingly well! Just gotta think of a cool way to package batteries and the servos into a walker design that has more than two legs.

      Thanks again for the kind words!
      Cheers
      David

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "sweetriffs44" <sweetriffs44@...> wrote:

      > Wow dude nice robots, and nice cars! I'm very impressed that you knew how to wire two 555's as inverters! I can't do that, all I can do is follow a diagram, since i have no clue what is actually happening in the circuit. You must have quite some experience and intelligence, and looking at your fairladyZ restoration I was impressed! Just replacing the clutch in my truck is a nightmare for me, I can't imagine taking a whole car apart and putting it back together!
      > I hope to see more of your robotic creations in the future!

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic