60111Re: [beam] help with a type 1 solar engine pummer...

  • Arno Brosi
    Aug 3, 2010
      Hello,
      I think the 1381g would be a good choice.I assume(but am not quite sure)that it depends on the batteries.Also I don't know if the 2V solarcell  will be sufficient enough for this one,or if you need a bigger one.

      regards,Arno

      On 08/02/2010 11:42 PM, Keith Anderson wrote:

      Hi all.
      I want to make my first pummer, using a variant of type 1 (1381 based) solar engine. (here's the link: http://costaricabeam.solarbotics.net/Circuits/Pummers/Dark%20Activated%201381%20SE.png) I have pretty much everthing I need except the 1381. My solar cell is scavenged from an LED yard stake-light, and puts out about 2v (it starts at 2.25v, and gradually drops down to about 2.1v).

      What flavor of 1381 do I need to get? Solarbotics suggests a 1381g (2.4v) but another site suggests that a 1381j (2.7v) is the most common. Does it matter? Is it related to the output of the solar cell, or is it dependent on the batteries? I also understand I can substitute a supercap for the batteries (which I may do later...)

      Any help appreciated.
      -Keith

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic