59596Re: [beam] Re: Headbot

  • wrigter
    Aug 6, 2009
      No worries Martyn, if you don't mind me rambling on a bit.

      You raised some interesting questions:

      There are various ways of hybridizing a Symet with a
      Headbot. Just like genetic engineering, combining them may
      give the hybrid organism some kind of advantage. You can
      simply hot glue them together in such a way that the head
      changees the direction of Symet motion by shifting the
      center of gravity. A single solar cell can be used to power
      both circuits. The head circuit will use most power
      initially but once the head bot has aimed the solar panel at
      the light source, the head circuit uses little standby
      power. This allows the solar cell to fully charge up the
      storage cap and for the Symet to trigger.
      The two circuits should work as they are but some fine
      tuning may be needed make them work efficiently together.
      Make sense?

      Wilf