57944Re: Another Noob-ish question, Smartcap nocturnal SE.

  • kmcderm133
    Jun 9, 2008
      Thanks for the suggestion! :) Do you know of any good, free
      schematic/simulation programs? I've had the parts for the Smartcap for
      a few weeks now, and I'd like to try to render that and the QLF,
      hopefully in a program that has some test equipment.

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "wilf_nv" <wrigter@...> wrote:

      > For an analog solution do a search for QLF. Especially look at the
      > QLF11 circuit which includes a voltage regulating, dark turn-on SE.
      > Four LEDs flash independently while the brightness of each LED
      > varies with a linear fade in and fade out effect.
      >

      > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "kmcderm133" <kmcderm133@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Wilf,
      > > I'm actually using a 4.7F cap. I did a little research and it
      > > seems like caps would be the better way to go. They have a longer
      > > life, deal with temperatures better, and the batteries might take
      > too
      > > long to charge. What do you mean by solar power management via the
      > > Picaxe? I'm building a project I found on instructables.com, it's a
      > > Firefly Jar. The one on the site is powered by a button battery and
      > > switched on manually. I wanted it to be more BEAM-ish. :) I would
      > have
      > > gone analog with the cricuit, but it seems like it would be too many
      > > parts to fit under the cap of a mason jar. :D Here's a link:
      > > http://www.instructables.com/id/Jar-of-Fireflies/ Again, it's not my
      > > design, (don't want to take credit for it) I just want to make it
      > > solar. :)

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic