57915Re: Another Noob-ish question, Smartcap nocturnal SE.

  • wilf_nv
    Jun 1, 2008
      For an analog solution do a search for QLF. Especially look at the
      QLF11 circuit which includes a voltage regulating, dark turn-on SE.
      Four LEDs flash independently while the brightness of each LED
      varies with a linear fade in and fade out effect.

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "kmcderm133" <kmcderm133@...> wrote:

      > Wilf,
      > I'm actually using a 4.7F cap. I did a little research and it
      > seems like caps would be the better way to go. They have a longer
      > life, deal with temperatures better, and the batteries might take
      too
      > long to charge. What do you mean by solar power management via the
      > Picaxe? I'm building a project I found on instructables.com, it's a
      > Firefly Jar. The one on the site is powered by a button battery and
      > switched on manually. I wanted it to be more BEAM-ish. :) I would
      have
      > gone analog with the cricuit, but it seems like it would be too many
      > parts to fit under the cap of a mason jar. :D Here's a link:
      > http://www.instructables.com/id/Jar-of-Fireflies/ Again, it's not my
      > design, (don't want to take credit for it) I just want to make it
      > solar. :)
      >
      > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "wilf_nv" <wrigter@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't remember why I would have submitted that smartcap circuit
      but
      > > the post suggests I simply converted a functional description of
      the
      > > circuit into a schematic. Does it not make more sense to use a
      > > battery or a larger primary cap? In any case a picaxe has enough
      > > build-in features to efficiently handle the task of solar power
      > > management.
      > >
      > > wilf

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic