5774RE: [beam] self replicating and evolving robots

  • Dave Hrynkiw
    Sep 18, 2000
      At 12:23 AM 9/1/2000 , Thomas wrote:
      >http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSScience0008/30_robot.html
      >
      >It's very interesting as these robots are evolved with only very little
      >human intervention. This is probably as close as anybody's ever come to
      >robots breeding robots. I guess I'll have to take back some of my arguments
      >that it will be a cold day in h*ll before robots will replicate. Still, it's
      >not the same as self-replication.

      Here's a much more interesting link to the place that did it - with movies.
      Quite interesting...

      http://golem03.cs-i.brandeis.edu/results.html

      Regards,
      Dave
      "Um, no - that's H,R,Y,N,K,I,W. No, not K,I,U,U, K,I,_W_. Yes,
      that's right. Yes, I know it looks like "HOCKYRINK." Yup, only
      2 vowels. Pronounciation? _SMITH_".
      http://www.solarbotics.com
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic