57611Re: Best transistors for SEs - other sourcing questions in Australia?

  • Joseph Charles
    Apr 2, 2008
      The trigger voltages I mentioned in my last post need to
      have around 0.5V added to them

      This is the voltage across the PNP's base/emitter junction
      when the SE triggers.

      So the red LED SE would trigger at around 2V.

      Jo

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Charles" <jodicalhon@...> wrote:

      > You can use a
      > string of normally biased diodes as the trigger if you wish,
      > which will give a trigger voltage of around 0.3V - 0.5V
      > times the number of diodes. Roughly.
      >
      > Or you can use a normally biased standard LED as the trigger.
      > A red LED will give a trigger of around 1.7V, I think from
      > memory.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic