56931Re: Headbot circuit for IR

  • joshuagalloway73
    Nov 3, 2007
      Thank you for your help Joseph. The sources I'm trying to follow are
      modulated--one at 2.5kHz, and another at 4kHz, both (+/-)5% square
      waves. I'm hoping to encode the position of the headbot to allow for
      triangulation of the two beacons and subsequently, positional feedback
      for my robot. I know I will have to build a couple of band pass
      filters for the detectors. Mostly, I was just wondering if someone had
      already done the work for me. If there is a schematic for an ir
      headbot I could just slap some active filters on, I would love to see it.

      Thanks Again,
      Joshua

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Charles" <jodicalhon@...> wrote:

      > Hi Joshua,
      >
      > Any head design that uses IR diodes as the sensors is reacting to
      > IR in the environment.
      >
      > If you want your design to follow a particular source, you will need
      > to have it ignore unwanted environmental sources. You could shield
      > your sensors, or you could use a modulated IR source.
      >
      > The difficulty with using modulated IR receivers as the sensors in a
      > head design is that they are not sensitive to the relative distance of
      > the source to the sensor. A T.V. remote works as well from 5 metres
      > away from the receiver as it does from 1 metre away.
      >
      > The idea that Wilf used in his 40kHz Herbie scheme is probably your
      > best bet if you want to go down that road.
      >
      > The circuit is here:
      >
      > The genesis of the circuit is here:
      >
      > And there is more concerning a particular application, with some
      > caveats, here:
      >
      > Feel free with any further questions.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Jo
      >

      > --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "joshuagalloway73" <joshuagalloway73@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I was wondering if someone new of a link to a schematic for a head bot
      > > type design that follows an IR source. I would like to use a circuit
      > > like this for a school project instead of another uC.
      > >
      > > Joshua Galloway

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic