53715Re: Tom Gray's BEAM PICLess Sumo-bot

  • firnagzen
    Jun 1, 2006
      Ummmm. Four (probably silly) questions, but I have to ask. (I'm not
      all that experienced with reading circuits, and I'm building a
      minisumo, myself.)

      The two circles at the upper left and right corners of the circuit
      (above the two resistors) are connected to... what? 9 volts?

      Also, what are those 6 LEDs for? They don't seem to do anything...

      SW3 and SW4 just require a momentary 'high' to activate, right? I can
      replace them with an IR detector controlled transistor? (Or MOSFET?)

      Last question, what would be an appropiate *range* of values for the
      caps and resistors?

      Thanks in advance.

      Ps. Incidentally, has anyone noticed that the server is a tad
      irregular today? I keep getting the message that the 'Group beam
      cannot be retrieved.' or something like that.

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "J Wolfgang Goerlich" <jwgoerlich@...>
      wrote:

      > Gareth wrote:
      > > I was just wondering if anyone out there had built a sumo bot
      using
      > > BEAM techniques and without using any PIC's?
      >
      > Tom Gray has. The original message is below and the schematic is in
      the
      > Attachments folder.
      >

      > Tom Gray, "Mini-Sumo Variants", 2 Mar 2003
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beam/message/34206
      >
      > Tom Gray, "Re: [beam] Edge Detector?", 9 Feb 2004
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beam/message/41342
      >
      > Y!G Beam Files > Attachments
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beam/files/Attachments/

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic