      From: owner-beam@... [mailto:owner-beam@...]On
      Behalf Of sebastiaan van Vliet
      Sent: Friday, April 21, 2000 12:49 PM
      To: beam@...
      Subject: Re: efficient launcher?Magnetic acceleration?

      I think magnetic acceleration is the easiest way to do this. This is just a
      shaft with a number of coils around it. The first triggers, pulling the hook
      in the shaft up, when the hook is at the coil, the next one triggers , etc.,
      etc.

      Nasa must have something about it on its site, since this is a researched
      alternative for launching.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic