Last Chance To Vote - Beaded Art Doll Competition

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010

      ALL DOLLED UP: Beaded Art Doll Competition
      Last Chance To Vote OnLine
      Voting for our 6 semi-finalists ends 1/15/10

      http://www.landofodds.com/store/alldolledup2009contest.htm

      Artists around the nation were asked to create a Beaded Art Doll by manipulating beads and forms into an imaginative tactile and visual 3-dimensional representation of this year's theme:Earthen Mother .

      And then writing a Short Story (between 1000-2000 words) about your Beaded Art Doll, what it represents, and how it was created, starting with the sentence:

      "The mirror reflects more than my hands can feel.
      Lines, edges, shadings, a weariness under the eyes, an awkward stance.
      Yet, not reflected is a certain vibrancy --
      a compassion and wisdom and wonder so many people rely on.
      Only you, my beaded art doll,
      capture the fullness of me as I age in place .
      You embody changes I want to make, so I aptly name you…"

       The Fourth Bi-Annual 2009 ALL DOLLED UP: BEADED ART DOLL COMPETITION is offering a first prize of a $1000.00 shopping spree on the Land of Odds web-site (www.landofodds.com), and a Runner-Up prize of a $400.00 shopping spree on the web-site.

      Our SemiFinalists:
      Kathy Ford, Deep Gap, North Carolina
      Vera Fox-Bond, LaVergne, Tennessee
      Cathy Helmers, Dayton, Ohio
      Ralonda Patterson, Decatur, Texas
      Dot Lewallen, Westerville, Ohio
      Joan Cromley, Sedro Woolley, Washington

      Other programs of interest:
      The Ugly Necklace Contest – A Jewelry Design Competition with a Twist
      http://www.landofodds.com/store/uglynecklace.htm

      THE ILLUSTRATIVE BEADER: Beaded Tapestry Competition
      http://www.landofodds.com/store/tapestry.htm

      LEARN TO BEAD Blog
      http://blog.landofodds.com