NEXT CBJA CLASSES/HAPPENINGS: Mon 4/6 thru Sun 5/10/2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2009
      A School With A Different Approach
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      website: www.landofodds.com/beadschool/
      email: beadschool@...
      calendar and announcements:
      blog: http://blog.landofodds.com

      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      GOOD THRU April 18th 2009 With This Coupon

      SPECIALS THIS MONTH AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      With This Coupon
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610

      DISCOUNT WITH THIS COUPON:

      **50% off all Silamide carded and Silamide Spools

      WHAT'S NEW:
      Black Max, Liver of Sulphur, Brass/Copper Oxidizer, Antiquing Kit
      Green Flux, Pickle
      More styles of sterling pinch bails
      Druzy quartz pendants set in sterling

      WATCH FOR NOTICES ABOUT OUR FIRST DIBS SALES…Whenever we get a large shipment in of beads, we put the beads out at near wholesale prices for 2 days, before we begin to price, merchandise and store them. Sales are announced only through these Yahoo-beadschool group emails.

      GOOD THRU April 18th, 2009 With This Coupon
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

      ANNOUNCEMENTS

      FIRST DIBS SALE – began 2/26 and continuing for several weeks

      We have gotten 38 cartons of gemstone beads from New York, that are closeouts. We've opened 5 of the boxes so far for items on sale. As we sell out some styles, we'll replace them from the next boxes.

      On the tables now:
      Gemstone strands selling between $6.90 and $8.90.
      carnelian, natural carnelian, rutilated quartz, Peruvian rhodonite, orange calcite, pietersite, new jade, moss agate, goldstone, tiger eye, amazonite, amethyst, citrine, fancy jasper, and many, many more.

      Oregon Blue Opal, $11.90/strand
      Fire Agate, $20.90/strand
      Blue Pyrite Quartz, $14.90/strand
      Ruby Crazy Lace Agate, $8.90/strand
      Orange calcite (9 styles) - $5.90/strand

      Just put out Green Fluorite, Aquamarine, Green Copper Opal and Flower New Jade beads, different shapes, various sale prices.

      Mother of Pearl top-drilled sticks at $2.25 per strand.

      Gemstone chips – many, many varieties – at $1.50/strand

      Freshwater Pearls - $5.90/strand

      45mm gemstone donuts - $3.25 each

      Drusy Quartz top-drilled and side-drilled pieces on the strand, $29.00/strand

      BEAD WEAVING WORKSHOPS
      Laura McCabe – May 1-3, 2009

      (3 places remaining)
      Friday, 5/1/2009
      Geo-Floral Beaded Bead (Registration fee, $125.00)
      Kits available for purchase from instructor – cost $45.00.
      LOOK N' SEE:
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/laura-mccabe-geo-floral-beaded-bead.jpg

      (4 places remaining)
      Saturday/Sunday, 5/2-3/2009
      Dahlia Garland Necklace (Registration fee, $250.00)
      Kits available for purchase from instructor – cost $110.00.
      LOOK N' SEE:
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/laura-mccabe-dahlia-garland-necklace.jpg

      REFRESHER CLASS with Kathleen Lynam
      on Flat Peyote, Tubular Peyote, and Ndebele Stitches
      Sat, 4/18/09, 1-5pm

      Cynthia Rutledge – October 9-11, 2009
      Cynthia Rutledge – October 9-11, 2009

      (10 places remaining)
      Friday, 10/9/2009
      A Chain Reaction (Registration fee, $125.00; optional kit, $70.00 (4 palettes available)
      LOOK N' SEE:
      http://www.cynthiarutledge.net/workshops/b-chain-reaction.htm

      (9 places remaining)
      Saturday and Sunday, 10/10-11/2009
      Intermezzo Necklace (Registration fee, $250.00, optional kit, price to be announced (2 palettes to be available)
      LOOK N' SEE:
      http://www.cynthiarutledge.net/workshops/n-intermezzo.htm

      Dallas Lovett – April 16-18, 2010
      Workshop topics to be announced

      Marcia DeCoster – September 10-12th, 2010
      Workshop topics to be announced

      Huib Petersen - May 20-22, 2011
      Workshop topics to be announced

      Sherry Serafini – August 26-28, 2011
      Workshop Topics to be announced

      PMC and WIREWORK EARRINGS WORKSHOP
      EARRINGS, EARRINGS, EARRINGS
      Sat, 6/27, 10am-4pm
      Instructor: Elesa Phares
      $130.00 fee plus $35.00 materials charge ($165.00 deposit reserves space)

      (8 slots available)
      This is an all day class. The student will learn a few PMC (precious metal clay) techniques, make a pair of PMC (precious metal clay), earrings and while firing, will learn 2-3 other wire-wrapped earring designs.

      SILVERSMITHING WORKSHOPS BY DON NORRIS
      There is a limit to 10 registrants per workshop. His workshops fill quickly.

      Fall, 2009.

      (1-day) Beginner Silversmithing Workshop
      $200.00 fee includes instruction, all materials and tools
      Emphasis on learning how to solder with a hand held torch, and creating a setting for a stone

      COME STUDY JEWELRY DESIGN WITH US IN TUSCANY, ITALY
      "Contemporizing Traditional Etruscan Jewelry"
      May 22-29, 2010
      Toscana Americana has invited us to lead an 8-day workshop in Cortona, Italy in Tuscany and near Florence. The workshop – Contemporizing Traditional Etruscan Jewelry – teaches some bead stringing and bead weaving techniques, introduces you to some in-depth jewelry design concepts and theories, and guides you in the creation of 2 or 3 contemporized pieces of jewelry. More information on-line:
      www.landofodds.com/store/toscananarrativesynopsis.htm

      ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR SMALLER, TARGETED EMAIL LISTS?
      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in Wire Work Jewelry. If you want to be added, send your email address to warren@... Type in WIRE WORK LIST in the subject line. NOTE: AOL.com has occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in Bead Weaving. If you want to be added, send your email address to warren@... Type in BEAD WEAVING LIST in the subject line.
      NOTE: AOL.com has occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      BEADING CLOTCH
      2nd and 4th Wednesday of each Month
      We've set aside the afternoons (noon to 3pm or later) on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month, (and if there's a 5th Wednesday, on that day, too), for an open-ended Beading Clotch. Anyone may come, bring whatever projects they are working on, and work on them, share them, whatever. This is totally open-ended. No fees.

      THE UGLY NECKLACE CONTEST:
      Read the rules for The Ugly Necklace 2009 contest at:
      www.landofodds.com/store/uglynecklace.htm
      Voting will begin online in late May
      Entries for 2010 contest due 3/15/10.
      Top Prize: $992.93 shopping spree on the Land of Odds website.
      2001 Special Rules: Purple Must Predominate

      ALL DOLLED UP: BEADED ART DOLL COMPETITION
      Deadline for 2009 contest is 8/31/2009
      Theme: Earthen Mother
      Rules: www.landofodds.com/store/alldolledup.htm
      Winner: $1,000 shopping spree at www.landofodds.com
      Runner-Up: $400 shopping spree at www.landofodds.com

      INTERESTED IN TEACHING ONE OR MORE COURSES AT THE CBJA? We're always
      looking for additional teachers. Please review our Teacher Guide on-
      line at
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/teacherguide/intro/cover.htm
      There is a section on Selection of Teachers and Courses, with
      information about how to propose a course(s). Then make an
      appointment with us (615-292-0610), and we can discuss prospects
      further. Looking for teachers with experience in the following areas:

      Wire-Working, particularly making jewelry findings, chains, earrings and rosaries
      Micro-Macrame or Hemp with beads

      ARRANGE A CLASS TO MEET YOUR OWN SCHEDULING NEEDS!
      All it takes is 3 people to make special arrangements for any of
      our classes. Just let us know your interests in specific courses,
      the time the three or more of you would like to meet, and we'll
      coordinate scheduling with the teacher.

      -------

      FOUR WEEK SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
      Mon, April 6th, 2009 through Sun, May 10th, 2009

      PLEASE PRE-REGISTER FOR CLASSES AT LEAST 3-5 DAYS AHEAD OF TIME

      NOTE: Class fees pay for instructional costs. Students are
      responsible for either bringing their supplies and tools, or
      purchasing these at Be Dazzled Beads. In some cases, kits are made
      up for a class. In other cases, there may be an additional
      laboratory or equipment charge. When registering, a deposit is
      required. You may pay this with a credit card, check or cash. If you
      are registering by phone, you may pay with a credit card, or mail in
      a check. Deposits are nonrefundable. If you need to purchase your
      supplies and tools, please come a little earlier than the start time
      of the class, so you can finish purchasing what you need before the
      class begins. You'll find all these details posted on-line on the
      CBJA web-site –
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/

      ORIENTATION TO BEADS AND JEWELRY FINDINGS Course
      We require that you begin your beading and jewelry making education by taking our Orientation class.
      We cover:
      - how to know the quality of the beads and jewelry pieces you are using, and what happens to these pieces over time
      - how to relate the quality of the beads and jewelry pieces you buy to your design goals and, if you are selling your pieces, your marketing goals as well
      - what to watch out for when buying crystal beads
      - how to buy and use druks, fire polish beads, seed beads, delicas
      - pros and cons of various stringing materials
      - what tools you will need to buy, and what to consider when buying them

      This is class is free, but it is two to two and a half very full hours.

      Sat, 4/11, 9-11:30am
      Thurs, 4/16, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 5/9, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 5/23, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 6/13, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 6/27, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 7/11, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 7/25, 9-11:30am

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/orientation/orient.htm]

      CBJA OFFERS CLASSES IN SEVERAL "INTEREST AREAS". EACH INTEREST AREA HAS IT'S OWN SEQUENCING OF CLASSES. THE PHILOSOPHY OF OUR PROGRAM IS THAT YOU NEED TO LEARN SKILLS DEVELOPMENTALLY. ONLY IN THIS WAY, CAN YOU BEGIN TO SEE AND UNDERSTAND HOW VARIOUS SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES ARE INTER-RELATED AND INTER-DEPENDENT.

      If interested in the BEAD STRINGING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation to Beads & Jewelry Findings
      2. Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      3. Pearl Knotting
      4. Wire Clinic – Making Coiled Loops
      5. Pattern Wire Bracelet and Intro to Wire Wrapping
      6. Intro to Color and Beads
      7. Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      8. Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      If interested in the BEAD WEAVING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation To Beads & Jewelry Findings
      2. Stitch of the Month (Introductory classes to 12 stitches)
      3. Beaded Bead and Other Beginner/Intermediate Level On-Going Classes and Workshops
      4. BEAD STRINGING: Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      5. BEAD STRINGING: Pearl Knotting
      6. WIRE WORK: Wire Clinic - Making Simple Loops and Coiled Loops
      7. JEWELRY DESIGN: Intro to Color and Beads
      8. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      9. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      For any one stitch, after the Stitch of the Month, or other Intro Class, and where you have a more in-depth interest in, then:
      A. Class that covers tubular and/or circular forms
      B. Class that covers increasing and decreasing
      C. Class that covers embellishment, edges, fringes and straps
      D. Class that covers splitting and/or creating negative spaces
      E. Class that covers creating oversized pieces and multiple piece compositions
      F. Class that covers free form techniques and creating your own patterns
      G. Class that covers dimensionality and sculptural projects

      Join BEAD STUDY Group.

      If interested in the WIRE WRAPPING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Pattern Wire Bracelet and Intro to Wire Wrapping
      3. BEAD STRINGING: Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      4. Swarovski Slide Bracelet
      5. Cuff Bracelet with Beads
      6. Wire Wrap Cabochon - Pendant
      7. Wire Wrap Cabochon - Bracelet
      8. JEWELRY DESIGN: Intro to Color and Beads
      9. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      10. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      Other Classes To Take:
      A. Classes that teach how to make chains and bead-chains
      B. Classes that teach other wire-wrapping techniques
      C. Classes that teach other wire-shaping techniques, such as making various jewelry findings and components

      We offer a bi-monthly Wire Clinic that teaches how to make simple loops and coil-wrapped loops.

      You might be interested in other Silversmithing or Metal-Working classes that we offer.

      STITCH OF THE MONTH
      Learn a new bracelet stitch each month!
      Instructor: Kathleen Lynam

      Meets one Sat morning each month, usually the first Saturday.

      The Stitch of the Month curriculum is designed to teach 12 major
      bead-weaving stitches/techniques in a comparative context. This is
      perhaps one of the best ways to learn bead weaving. You get a
      clearer understanding of what each stitch is, how to manage and
      control it, and what your project and design options are, when you
      learn them comparatively, rather than in isolation from each other.

      Each class is devoted to explaining a little of the history of the
      stitch and the how-to basics of doing the stitch. Students then
      practice with variations on the stitch, such as
      increasing/decreasing, flat vs. tubular vs. circular, and the like.

      Students create a bracelet each month.

      Students may join the class at any point in the 12-month cycle. Each class is really in-and-of-itself. You may do all of the classes, or only some of them, as you desire. If you miss a class, it will be repeated in the next cycle.

      The Twelve Sessions (June begins cycle)
      Classes are $35.00 plus supplies ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      1. June. BEADWEAVING PRIMER. This session then introduces The SQUARE STITCH
      Sat, 6/6, 10am-1pm
      July. NETTING
      Sat, 7/11, 10am-1pm
      3. August. NDBELE (also known as Herringbone)
      TBA
      4. September. PEYOTE
      TBA
      5. October. LOOM
      TBA
      6. November. BRICK STITCH
      TBA
      7. December. SPIRAL ROPE
      TBA
      8. January. FRINGE
      TBA
      9. February. RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE
      TBA
      10. March. BEAD EMBROIDERY
      TBA
      11. April. PETERSBURG CHAIN
      TBA
      12. May. BEADED BEADS
      Sat, 5/23/2009, 10am-1pm

      BEAD STUDY GROUP

      Meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, 1:00pm-3:00pm No fees.

      You may join the group at anytime. The purposes of the group are manifold, including to explore new methods of beading, to experiment with variations on traditional techniques, and to study culture-specific beading techniques.

      Wed, 4/15, 1-3pm
      Wed. 5/6 and 5/20, 1-3pm
      Dimensional Beadwork

      DISCUSSION NOTES POSTED ON THESE WEBSITE LOCATIONS:
      http://blog.landofodds.com Go to CLASS NOTES, then BEAD STUDY LINK

      TOPIC: Dimensional Shapes in Beadwork
      We will be using Diane Fitzgerald's new book on dimensional shapes as a study guide. The book is entitled "Shaped Beadwork: Dimensional Jewelry with Peyote Stitch". We have copies for sale in the shop.

      We will probably stick with this topic for the next 12 months.

      We will organize the studies into 5 units:
      (1) Making basic polygons
      (2) Making donut polygons
      (3) 3-Dimensional Shapes
      (4) "Shape" as a design element
      "Dimensionality" as a design element
      (5) Other Geometrics from other artists, like Julia Pretl, Jean Powers, Judith Walker, Laura McCabe

      There is no teaching charge for this class; however, there may be a small charge for materials.

      You may also register for the BeadStudy group under Yahoo where summaries of the discussions will be sent to group members, and you may continue the discussions on line. Summaries of all discussions and all handouts are archived here for you, as well.

      Bead Study meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month from 1-3pm. Let Warren know if you are interested in joining the group. Anyone can join.

      BEAD STRINGING

      BS0001: BASICS OF BEAD STRINGING/ATTACHING CLASPS, $35.00 fee
      ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn both needle/thread and crimp/flexwire approaches to stringing beads; pros and cons of various types of clasps; use of various types of jewelry findings; insights about stringing beads from an expert)
      Tues, 4/7, 9am-12:30pm
      Sat, 5/16, 9am-12:30pm
      Sat, 6/20, 9am-12:30pm
      Sat, 7/18, 9am-12:30pm

      BS0003: PEARL KNOTTING $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn this simple, straightforward technique. No special tools required)
      Thurs, 4/23, 6-8:30pm
      Thurs, 5/21, 6-8:30pm
      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/beadstring/beadstring.htm]

      BEAD WEAVING: MISCELANEOUS STITCHES:

      PEY2002: PEYOTE I: LEARN TO PEYOTE - BRACELET $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (also see Stitch of the Month schedule above)
      TBA
      PEY2011A: PEYOTE II: TUBULAR PEYOTE –$35.00 fee ($35.00
      deposit reserves space) Requires Peyote I, or Stitch of the Month – Peyote, or equivalent experience as prerequisite
      TBA

      LOOM2020: INTRODUCTION TO LOOMWORK $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn to warp a loom, and create a simple piece of loomwork)
      (also see Stitch of the Month schedule above)
      TBA

      BC0101: INTRODUCTION TO BEAD CROCHET: $45.00 instructional fee ($45.00 deposit reserves space) (3 hour class plus 1 additional hour to be scheduled by teacher and students)
      Sat, 7/11, 1:30-4:30pm

      BW2490: MONET'S GARDEN BRACELET $40.00 fee plus $10.00 kit of beads ($50.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 5/23, 3:30-6:00pm

      BW2495: RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE BRACELET $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (also see Stitch of the Month schedule above)
      Sat, 5/23, 1:30-3:30pm

      BW4: DAFFODIL EMBROIDERED CUFF $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA

      BW5: BEADING AROUND A CABOCHON – BACK STITCH METHOD $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW6: BEADING AROUND A CABOCHON – PEYOTE STITCH METHOD $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW7: BEADING AROUND A CABOCHON – NETTING METHOD $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      Intermediate level class
      TBA
      BW8, Beaded Cabochons – PEYOTE STITCH WITH OPEN BACK METHOD $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA

      BW10, Crystal Netted Tube Bracelet $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA

      BRICK2046, Using Brick Stitch to Make Shapes
      $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA

      BW11, Maltese Cross Reversible Necklace $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA

      BW12, Cubic Zig Zag Right Angle Weave Necklace $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 6/6, 1:30-4:30pm

      BEAD WEAVING OPEN WORK SESSIONS (no fees)
      Here's your opportunity to bring in any unfinished bead weaving projects and get some instructions.
      TBA

      BEADING/JEWELRY MAKING AS A BUSINESS

      BUS3001: PRICING AND SELLING YOUR JEWELRY $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn to apply a formula for determining a fair retail price and a fair wholesale price; learn basics of marketing process)
      Sat, 5/30, 12-2pm
      Thurs, 6/18, 11am-1pm
      BUS3007: GETTING YOUR JEWELRY MAKING BUSINESS STARTED $30.00 fee
      ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about local, state and federal requirements/forms; simple bookkeeping set up to track costs and revenues; defining business model)
      Sat, 5/30, 10am-noon
      Thurs, 6/18, 9-11am
      BUS3008: BUYING GEMSTONE BEADS $25.00 fee ($25.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn insights about how to buy gemstone beads)
      TBA
      BUS3009: SO YOU WANT TO DO CRAFT SHOWS… $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn how to find craft shows, apply for booth, set up booth, market, inventory and the like)
      Thurs, 6/18, 4-6pm
      BUS3010: INTERNET MARKETING FOR VERY SMALL BUSINESSES…THAT WORKS! $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about affordable strategies very small businesses can do to market their websites)
      Thurs, 4/16, 4-6pm
      Sat, 5/23, 3-5pm
      Thurs, 6/18, 2-4pm

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/business/business.htm]

      GENERAL JEWELRY DESIGN CO-CURRICULAR COURSES

      GEN6001: INTRODUCTION TO COLOR WITH BEADS $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn how the bead asserts its need for color.)
      Prerequisites: Orientation to Beads & Jewelry Findings; Attaching Clasps
      Sat, 6/27, 3-6pm
      Fri, 7/24, 9am-Noon
      GEN6006: JEWELRY DESIGN I: COMPOSITION AND BASIC DESIGN PRINCIPLES
      $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn 10 principles of jewelry design, and critique various finished necklaces, in terms of these principles)
      Prerequisites: Orientation to Beads & Jewelry Findings; Attaching Clasps; Intro to Color and Beads
      Sat, 5/23, 1-3pm
      Fri, 7/24, 1-3pm
      GEN6008: JEWELRY DESIGN II: FORM AND FUNCTION $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about jewelry from a more architectural and engineering focus – how to create support systems which allow for movement; how the placement of forms, connectors and objects within a piece impacts socio-cultural-cognitive impressions)
      Prequisite: Jewelry Design I
      TBA
      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/general/general.htm]

      WIRE WORK AND WIRE WRAP COURSES

      Beginner:
      WIRE CLINIC: Making Loops and Coiled Loops on Head and Eye Pins
      $15.00 fee (tools and wire provided) ($15.00 deposit reserves space)
      Thurs, 4/23, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 5/21, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 6/11, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 7/16, 5:30-6:00pm

      WIRE9700: PATTERN WIRE BRACELET AND INTRO TO WIRE WRAPPING $30.00 fee plus $40.00 kit and instructions ($70.00 deposit reserves space) (minimum enrollment for this class is 2 students)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9700.jpg
      Sat, 5/30, 10am-Noon
      Sat, 7/25, 10am-Noon

      Intermediate:
      WIRE9721: SWAROVSKI SLIDE BRACELET $50.00 fee ($50.00 deposit reserves space) (minimum enrollment for this class is 2 students)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9721.jpg
      Sat, 4/25, 10am-Noon
      Sat, 5/30, 4-6pm
      WIRE9722: CUFF BRACELET WITH BEADS $60.00 fee ($60.00 deposit reserves space) (minimum enrollment for this class is 2 students)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9722.jpg
      Sat, 5/30, 1-4:00pm
      Sat, 7/25, 1-4:00pm
      WIRE9723: WRAPPING A CABOCHON – PENDANT $50.00 fee (minimum enrollment for this class is 2 students) ($50.00 deposit reserves space)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9723.jpg
      Sat, 4/25, 1-3pm
      Sat, 7/25, 4-6pm
      WIRE9726: CURLY RING AND TOE RING ($35.00 fee) (minimum enrollment for this class is 2 students) ($35.00 fee reserves space)
      LOOK & SEE: http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9726b.jpg
      Sat, 4/25, 3-5pm

      Advanced:
      WIRE9731: WRAPPING A CABOCHON – BRACELET $105.00 fee ($105.00 deposit reserves space) (minimum enrollment for this class is 2 students)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9731.jpg
      TBA

      PMC and WIREWORK EARRINGS WORKSHOP
      WIREPMC9724: EARRINGS, EARRINGS, EARRINGS $130.00 fee plus $35.00
      materials charge ($165.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 6/27, 10am-4pm
      This is an all day class. The student will learn a few PMC (precious metal clay) techniques, make a pair of PMC (precious metal clay), earrings and while firing, will learn 2-3 other wire-wrapped earring designs.
      LOOK & SEE:
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wirepmc9724a.gif
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wirepmc9724b.gif

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/wirework/wirework.htm]

      SILVERSMITHING COURSES

      Silversmithing (Need to reserve a place about 4-6 weeks ahead of
      when you'd like to take the course)
      Instructor: Nancie Roarke
      Introductory course is $470.00 ($300.00 deposit).
      This involves four 3-hour session classes, spread out over 2 weeks. There is also some homework assigned. This class is taught with only 1 or 2 students. You will also need to have a jeweler's saw and blades. If purchased at Be Dazzled for this class, these will cost $25.00.

      SILVERSMITHING WORKSHOPS BY DON NORRIS
      There is a limit to 10 registrants per workshop. His workshops fill quickly.

      Date to be scheduled, Fall 2009, Beginner Silversmithing Workshop
      $200.00 fee includes instruction, all materials and tools
      Emphasis on learning how to solder with a hand held torch, and creating a setting for a stone

      GET LISTED WITH US On-LINE
      We've set up a Links Page (www.landofodds.com/store/artistsonweb.htm ) on the Land of Odds web-site (www.landofodds.com) that maintains active links to the web-sites of our students and teachers who sell their jewelry on-line. This is a good way to promote yourselves and your jewelry. There are no charges. Land of Odds ranks as something like the 87,000th busiest site on the net, 2nd busiest bead-shopping site, and gets about 6,000 unique visitors every day. Hopefully we can entice some of these folks to venture over to our new Links page, and then over to your web-site to see your stuff.
      I would need you to send me an email (warren@...) with
      the following information:
      Your business name
      Your name
      Your web-site address
      A brief description of the types of items you sell

      Some optional information you can provide:
      An image of a logo
      An image of a piece of jewelry or other item that you sell

      -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
      CLIP THIS
      TEMPORARY BEAD ARTIST DISCOUNT CARD

      For use at
      Be Dazzled Beads
      Voted #3 Best Bead Shop In America in survey by jsbeads.com
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      www.bedazzledbeads.com

      15% off when your total purchase is between $25.00 and $74.99
      20% off when your total purchase is over $75.00

      Courtesy of The Center For Beadwork & Jewelry Arts