Still Time To Vote - 2008 The Ugly Necklace Contest
- CENTER FOR BEADWORK & JEWELRY ARTS
Voting ends July 18th, 2008.
Visit the web-pages of each of our 10 The Ugly Necklace Contest Semi-
Evaluate their images, their poem, and their materials and techniques.
Then use the on-line form you will find on each of their web-pages to
Score them in terms of Hideousness, Materials Used, Design Principles
Violated, and Artistic Control.
You can vote/evaluate each of the ten necklaces, if you want, or just
your favorites --
that's up to you. But all our artists would appreciate your votes and
LIST OF 2008 6th Annual SEMI-FINALISTS:
1. Mandy Allen, "Mind Settings," Portland, Oregon
2. Edith Cheitman, "Venerable Bede", Sarasota, Florida
3. Candace Davis, "Ugly Haiku", Charlotte, North Carolina
4. Lynn Margaret Davy, "I Let Our Love Sing F(orte)", Dorset,
5. Alesia DiFederico, "Equus Recyclus," Southbury, Connecticut
6. Kimberly Dods, "Ode", Peralta, New Mexico
7. Wendy Inman, "Junk Drawers Revenge," Ripon, California
8. Jen Muise, "Something for Everyone," Woodlawn, Ontario, Canada
9. Ruwani Thanuja Rathnayaka, " Recycle Me ", Nugegoda, Sri
10. Christina Zawadecki, "Toy Soldiers," Orlando, Florida