Next CBJA Courses/Happenings - Mon, 5/5 thru Sun, 6/8/2008

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2008
      A School With A Different Approach
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      website: www.landofodds.com/beadschool/
      email: beadschool@...
      calendar and announcements:

      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      GOOD THRU May 15th, 2008 With This Coupon

      SPECIALS THIS MONTH AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      With This Coupon
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610

      DISCOUNT WITH THIS COUPON:

      30% off all German Wood Beads

      WHAT'S NEW: Beginning to add Swarovski Glass Pearls; New Czech
      Lampwork centerpiece beads; Czech 11/0 seed beads in Champagne and
      Tanzanite colors; more styles of freshwater pearls; Swarovski
      Rivolis, 14mm, Vitrail Medium; Fancy Swarovski pendants in several
      sizes and colors; horseshoe wire protectors in black oxidized finish

      WATCH FOR NOTICES ABOUT OUR FIRST DIBS SALES…Whenever we get a large
      shipment in of beads, we put the beads out at near wholesale prices
      for 2 days, before we begin to price, merchandise and store them.
      Sales are announced only through these Yahoo-beadschool group emails.

      GOOD THRU May 15th, 2008 With This Coupon
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

      ANNOUNCEMENTS

      BEADING DAILY "BIG BOOK"
      Interweave Press/Beadwork/Beading Daily have put out an on-line
      directory of bead shops and bead societies. They give visitors an
      opportunity to rank and comment upon bead stores they've visited.
      When you get a chance, please rank and comment about Be Dazzled Beads.
      http://directory.beadingdaily.com/listing/guide/retail_bead_shops/unit
      ed_states/tennessee

      (This is a long website address to get to Tennessee bead shops.
      Yahoo doesn't always get these long addresses as workable links. You
      may have to copy and paste the address into your browser to get it to
      work)

      Thanks

      SILVERSMITHING WORKSHOPS BY DON NORRIS
      Don's workshop in December was a huge hit, and we had many more
      students interested than we had spots for. So, this spring, we will
      be offering this Beginner Workshop again, as well as an Advanced 2-
      day workshop. There is a limit to 10 registrants per workshop.
      His workshops fill quickly.

      [3 spaces still open]
      Saturday and Sunday, May 17th-18th, 9am-6pm each day,
      Advanced Silversmithing Workshop
      $300.00 fee includes instruction, all materials and tools
      Project oriented class. More details to follow.

      Don will be offering Beginning and Advanced Workshops again in
      November of 2008.

      DIANE FITZGERALD WORKSHOPS

      [3 spaces still open]
      Friday, October 10, 1-day, Beginner/Intermediate Level,
      Celtic Trefoil Pin/Pendant and Pointed Oval Links Necklace
      $125.00 fee plus supplies
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/workshops/work101008pinchain.htm

      [1 space still open, before we begin our Waiting List]
      Saturday and Sunday, 10/11 and 10/12, 2-day, Intermediate Level,
      Moroccan Lanterns Necklace
      $250.00 fee plus supplies
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/workshops/work101108lantern.htm

      WELCOME TO "Daisy"
      We have a new addition to the Land of Odds/Be Dazzled family. Daisy
      is a mix of a beagle (I keep wanting to say "bugle") and an English
      springer spaniel. She's four months old.

      COME STUDY JEWELRY DESIGN WITH US IN TUSCANY, ITALY
      "Contemporizing Traditional Etruscan Jewelry"
      April 18th-25th, 2009
      Toscana Americana has invited us to lead an 8-day workshop in
      Cortona, Italy in Tuscany and near Florence. The workshop –
      Contemporizing Traditional Etruscan Jewelry – teaches some bead
      stringing and bead weaving techniques, introduces you to some in-
      depth jewelry design concepts and theories, and guides you in the
      creation of 2 or 3 contemporized pieces of jewelry. More information
      on-line:
      www.landofodds.com/store/toscananarrativesynopsis.htm

      ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR SMALLER, TARGETED EMAIL LISTS?
      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in
      Wire Work Jewelry. If you want to be added, send your email address
      to warren@... Type in WIRE WORK LIST in the subject
      line. NOTE: AOL.com has occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in
      Bead Weaving. If you want to be added, send your email address to
      warren@... Type in BEAD WEAVING LIST in the subject line.
      NOTE: AOL.com has occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      BEADING CLOTCH
      2nd and 4th Wednesday of each Month
      We've set aside the afternoons (noon to 3pm or later) on the 2nd and
      4th Wednesdays of each month, (and if there's a 5th Wednesday, on
      that day, too), for an open-ended Beading Clotch. Anyone may come,
      bring whatever projects they are working on, and work on them, share
      them, whatever. This is totally open-ended. No fees.

      THE UGLY NECKLACE CONTEST:
      Read the rules for The Ugly Necklace 2008 contest at:
      www.landofodds.com/store/uglynecklace.htm
      Entries due 3/15/09. Top Prize: $992.93 shopping spree on the Land
      of Odds website. 2009 Special Rule: Necklaces must consist 75% of
      beads – however, you define "beads" – and not be longer than 32".

      Voting on 2008 semi-finalists to begin late May.

      The 2008 semi-finalists:
      Alesia DiFederico, Southbury, Connecticut
      Edith A. Cheitman, Sarasota, Florida
      Jen Muise, Woodlawn, Ontario, Canada
      Kimberly Dods, Peralta, New Mexico
      Ruwani Thanuja Rathnayaka, Nugegoda, Sri Lanka
      Candace R. Davis, Charlotte, North Carolina
      Wendy Inman, Ripon, California
      Christina Zawadecki, Orlando, Florida
      Mandy Allen, Portland, Oregon
      Lynn Margaret Davy, Dorset, England

      ALL DOLLED UP: BEADED ART DOLL COMPETITION

      Deadline for 2009 contest is 8/31/2009
      Theme: Earthen Mother
      Rules: www.landofodds.com/store/alldolledup.htm
      Winner: $1,000 shopping spree at www.landofodds.com
      Runner-Up: $400 shopping spree at www.landofodds.com

      EARRINGS, EARRINGS, EARRINGS WORKSHOP
      Elesa Phares will teach this 1-day workshop, Sat, June 14ths, 9am-
      5pm. She will be teaching some basic Precious Metal Clay
      techniques, and combine these with wire-wrap techniques.

      WHAT'S NEW @ The Open Window Gallery – Fine Art Jewelry and More
      O Gemstone and sterling silver jewelry from the Marjorie Miller
      Design Studio
      O Wire work jewelry by Tracey Dooling
      O Pott Nash and Stevie Kelly Jewelry
      O Bead crochet and other bead-woven pieces by Kathleen Lynam
      O Gemstone and Lampwork Glass jewelry by James Alfred Jones
      O Art jewelry by Warren Feld

      INTERESTED IN TEACHING ONE OR MORE COURSES AT THE CBJA? We're always
      looking for additional teachers. Please review our Teacher Guide on-
      line at
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/teacherguide/intro/cover.htm
      There is a section on Selection of Teachers and Courses, with
      information about how to propose a course(s). Then make an
      appointment with us (615-292-0610), and we can discuss prospects
      further. Looking for teachers with experience in the following areas:

      Wire-Working, particularly making jewelry findings, chains, earrings
      and rosaries
      Micro-Macrame or Hemp with beads

      ARRANGE A CLASS TO MEET YOUR OWN SCHEDULING NEEDS!
      All it takes is 3 people to make special arrangements for any of
      our classes. Just let us know your interests in specific courses,
      the time the three or more of you would like to meet, and we'll
      coordinate scheduling with the teacher.

      -------

      FOUR WEEK SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
      Mon, May 5th, 2008 through Sun, June 8th, 2008

      PLEASE PRE-REGISTER FOR CLASSES AT LEAST 3-5 DAYS AHEAD OF TIME

      NOTE: Class fees pay for instructional costs. Students are
      responsible for either bringing their supplies and tools, or
      purchasing these at Be Dazzled Beads. In some cases, kits are made
      up for a class. In other cases, there may be an additional
      laboratory or equipment charge. When registering, a deposit is
      required. You may pay this with a credit card, check or cash. If you
      are registering by phone, you may pay with a credit card, or mail in
      a check. Deposits are nonrefundable. If you need to purchase your
      supplies and tools, please come a little earlier than the start time
      of the class, so you can finish purchasing what you need before the
      class begins. You'll find all these details posted on-line on the
      CBJA web-site –
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/

      ORIENTATION TO BEADS AND JEWELRY FINDINGS Course
      We require that you begin your beading and jewelry making education
      by taking our Orientation class.
      We cover:
      - how to know the quality of the beads and jewelry pieces you are
      using, and what happens to these pieces over time
      - how to relate the quality of the beads and jewelry pieces you buy
      to your design goals and, if you are selling your pieces, your
      marketing goals as well
      - what to watch out for when buying crystal beads
      - how to buy and use druks, fire polish beads, seed beads, delicas
      - pros and cons of various stringing materials
      - what tools you will need to buy, and what to consider when buying
      them

      This is class is free, but it is two very full hours.

      Fri, 5/9 – No Orientation
      Sat, 5/17 – No Orientation
      Fri, 5/23, 9:30-11:30am
      Sat, 5/31, 9-11am
      Sat, 6/7, 9-11am
      Fri, 6/13, 9:30-11:30am
      Sat, 6/21, 9-11am
      Fri, 6/27, 9:30-11:30am

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/orientation/orient.htm]

      CBJA OFFERS CLASSES IN SEVERAL "INTEREST AREAS". EACH INTEREST AREA
      HAS IT'S OWN SEQUENCING OF CLASSES. THE PHILOSOPHY OF OUR PROGRAM
      IS THAT YOU NEED TO LEARN SKILLS DEVELOPMENTALLY. ONLY IN THIS WAY,
      CAN YOU BEGIN TO SEE AND UNDERSTAND HOW VARIOUS SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES
      ARE INTER-RELATED AND INTER-DEPENDENT.

      If interested in the BEAD STRINGING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation to Beads & Jewelry Findings
      2. Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      3. Pearl Knotting
      4. Pattern Wire Bracelet and Intro to Wire Wrapping
      5. Intro to Color and Beads
      6. Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      7. Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      If interested in the BEAD WEAVING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation To Beads & Jewelry Findings
      2. Stitch of the Month (Introductory classes to 12 stitches)
      3. Beaded Bead and Other Beginner/Intermediate Level On-Going Classes
      and Workshops
      4. BEAD STRINGING: Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      5. BEAD STRINGING: Pearl Knotting
      6. WIRE WORK: Wire Clinic - Making Simple Loops and Coiled Loops
      7. JEWELRY DESIGN: Intro to Color and Beads
      8. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      9. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      For any one stitch, after the Stitch of the Month, or other Intro
      Class, and where you have a more in-depth interest in, then:
      A. Class that covers tubular and/or circular forms
      B. Class that covers increasing and decreasing
      C. Class that covers embellishment, edges, fringes and straps
      D. Class that covers splitting and/or creating negative spaces
      E. Class that covers creating oversized pieces and multiple piece
      compositions
      F. Class that covers free form techniques and creating your own
      patterns
      G. Class that covers dimensionality and sculptural projects

      Join BEAD STUDY Group.

      If interested in the WIRE WRAPPING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Pattern Wire Bracelet and Intro to Wire Wrapping
      3. BEAD STRINGING: Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      4. Swarovski Slide Bracelet
      5. Cuff Bracelet with Beads
      6. Wire Wrap Cabochon - Pendant
      7. Wire Wrap Cabochon - Bracelet
      8. JEWELRY DESIGN: Intro to Color and Beads
      9. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      10. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      Other Classes To Take:
      A. Classes that teach how to make chains and bead-chains
      B. Classes that teach other wire-wrapping techniques
      C. Classes that teach other wire-shaping techniques, such as making
      various jewelry findings and components

      We offer a bi-monthly Wire Clinic that teaches how to make simple
      loops and coil-wrapped loops.

      You might be interested in other Silversmithing or Metal-Working
      classes that we offer.

      STITCH OF THE MONTH
      Learn a new bracelet stitch each month!
      Instructor: Kathleen Lynam

      Meets one Sat morning and one weekday evening each month.

      The Stitch of the Month curriculum is designed to teach 12 major
      bead-weaving stitches/techniques in a comparative context. This is
      perhaps one of the best ways to learn bead weaving. You get a
      clearer understanding of what each stitch is, how to manage and
      control it, and what your project and design options are, when you
      learn them comparatively, rather than in isolation from each other.

      Each class is devoted to explaining a little of the history of the
      stitch and the how-to basics of doing the stitch. Students then
      practice with variations on the stitch, such as
      increasing/decreasing, flat vs. tubular vs. circular, and the like.
      Students are guided in planning a sampler, using the stitch.

      Students create a bracelet each month.

      Students may join the class at any point in the 12-month cycle. You
      may do all of the classes, or only some of them, as you desire. The
      first class is repeated every 2-3 months. If you miss a class, it
      will be repeated in the next cycle.

      The Twelve Sessions (June begins cycle)
      Classes are $35.00 plus supplies ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      1. June. BEADWEAVING PRIMER. This session then introduces The SQUARE
      STITCH
      TBA
      July. NETTING
      TBA
      3. August. NDBELE (also known as Herringbone)
      TBA
      4. September. PEYOTE
      TBA
      5. October. LOOM
      TBA
      6. November. BRICK STITCH
      TBA
      7. December. SPIRAL ROPE
      TBA
      8. January. FRINGE
      TBA
      9. February. RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE
      TBA
      10. March. BEAD EMBROIDERY
      TBA
      11. April. PETERSBURG CHAIN
      TBA
      12. May. BEADED BEADS
      Mon, 5/19/08, 6-9pm

      BEAD STUDY GROUP

      Meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, 1:00pm-3:00pm No fees.

      You may join the group at anytime. The purposes of the group are
      manifold, including to explore new methods of beading, to experiment
      with variations on traditional techniques, and to study culture-
      specific beading techniques.

      Next bead studies:
      Diane Fitzgerald's new Zulu Book

      Wed, 5/14 and 5/21, 1-3pm
      Wed, 6/4 and 6/18, 1-3pm

      5/14 – Kathleen, Zulu Square Tube
      6/4 – Ruth, Zulu Double Weave

      There is no teaching charge for this class; however, there may be a
      small charge for materials.

      You may also register for the BeadStudy group under Yahoo where
      summaries of the discussions will be sent to group members, and you
      may continue the discussions on line. Summaries of all discussions
      and all handouts are archived here for you, as well.

      Bead Study meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month from 1-
      3pm. Let Warren know if you are interested in joining the group.
      Anyone can join.

      BEAD STRINGING

      BS0001: BASICS OF BEAD STRINGING/ATTACHING CLASPS, $35.00 fee
      ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn both needle/thread and crimp/flexwire approaches to stringing
      beads; pros and cons of various types of clasps; use of various types
      of jewelry findings; insights about stringing beads from an expert)
      Sat, 5/24, 9am-12:30pm
      Sat, 6/28, 9am-12:30pm

      BS0003: PEARL KNOTTING $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn this simple, straightforward technique. No special tools
      required)
      Wed, May 14th, 6-8:30pm
      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/beadstring/beadstring.
      htm]

      BEAD WEAVING: MISCELANEOUS STITCHES:

      PEY2002: PEYOTE I: LEARN TO PEYOTE - BRACELET $35.00 fee ($35.00
      deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      PEY2011A: PEYOTE II: TUBULAR PEYOTE –$35.00 fee ($35.00
      deposit reserves space) Requires Peyote I, or Stitch of the Month –
      Peyote, or equivalent experience as prerequisite
      TBA

      LOOM2020: INTRODUCTION TO LOOMWORK $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn to warp a loom, and create a simple piece of loomwork)
      TBA

      BC0101: INTRODUCTION TO BEAD CROCHET: $45.00 instructional fee
      ($45.00 deposit reserves space) (3 hour class plus 1 additional hour
      to be scheduled by teacher and students)
      Sat, 6/7/08, 1:30-4:00pm

      BW2490: MONET'S GARDEN BRACELET $40.00 fee plus $10.00 kit of
      beads ($50.00 deposit reserves space)
      Mon, 5/19/08, 3-6pm

      BW2495: RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE BRACELET $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      Sat, 5/24/08, 1:30-3:30 (rescheduled from 5/3)

      BW4: DAFFODIL EMBROIDERED CUFF $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      TBA

      BW5: BEADING AROUND A CABOCHON – BACK STITCH METHOD $40.00 fee
      ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW6: BEADING AROUND A CABOCHON – PEYOTE STITCH METHOD $40.00 fee
      ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW7: BEADING AROUND A CABOCHON – NETTING METHOD $40.00 fee ($40.00
      deposit reserves space)
      Intermediate level class
      Sat, 5/24, 3:30-6:00pm (rescheduled from 5/3)

      BEADWEAVING: BEADED BEAD SERIES
      Instructor: Kathleen Lynam
      Each class is $35.00 plus supplies ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      Classes on making beaded beads are offered every 3 months. A
      different technique is taught at each class. This workshop series
      is an intermediate level.
      Sat, 6/7/08, 4-6pm

      BEAD WEAVING OPEN WORK SESSIONS (no fees)
      Here's your opportunity to bring in any unfinished bead weaving
      projects and get some instructions.
      Sat, 7/12/08, 4-6pm

      BEADING/JEWELRY MAKING AS A BUSINESS

      BUS3001: PRICING AND SELLING YOUR JEWELRY $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn to apply a formula for determining a fair retail price and a
      fair wholesale price; learn basics of marketing process)
      Sat, 6/14, 9am-11am
      BUS3007: GETTING YOUR JEWELRY MAKING BUSINESS STARTED $30.00 fee
      ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about local, state and federal requirements/forms; simple
      bookkeeping set up to track costs and revenues; defining business
      model)
      TBA
      BUS3008: BUYING GEMSTONE BEADS $25.00 fee ($25.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn insights about how to buy gemstone beads)
      TBA
      BUS3009: SO YOU WANT TO DO CRAFT SHOWS… $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn how to find craft shows, apply for booth, set up booth,
      market, inventory and the like)
      TBA
      BUS3010: INTERNET MARKETING FOR VERY SMALL BUSINESSES…THAT WORKS!
      $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about affordable strategies very small businesses can do to
      market their websites)
      TBA

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/business/business.htm]

      GENERAL JEWELRY DESIGN CO-CURRICULAR COURSES

      GEN6001: INTRODUCTION TO COLOR WITH BEADS $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn some color theory, how to use the color wheel to define color
      schemes, and how to successfully apply color schemes to bead work in
      order to evoke positive emotions and sensibilities)
      TBA
      GEN6006: JEWELRY DESIGN I: COMPOSITION AND BASIC DESIGN PRINCIPLES
      $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn 10 principles of jewelry design, and critique various finished
      necklaces, in terms of these principles)
      TBA
      GEN6008: JEWELRY DESIGN II: FORM AND FUNCTION $40.00 fee ($40.00
      deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about jewelry from a more architectural and engineering focus –
      how to create support systems which allow for movement; how the
      placement of forms, connectors and objects within a piece impacts
      socio-cultural-cognitive impressions)
      TBA
      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/general/general.htm]

      WIRE WORK AND WIRE WRAP COURSES

      Beginner:
      WIRE CLINIC: Making Loops and Coiled Loops on Head and Eye Pins
      $15.00 fee (tools and wire provided) ($15.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      Thurs, 5/15, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 6/5, Noon-12:30pm
      Thurs, 6/19, 5:30-6:00pm

      WIRE9700: PATTERN WIRE BRACELET AND INTRO TO WIRE WRAPPING $30.00
      fee plus $40.00 kit and instructions ($70.00 deposit reserves space)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9700.jpg
      Tues, 5/13, 9am-noon (this date cancelled)
      Sat, 5/31, 9am-noon
      Tues, 6/17, 9am-noon
      Sat, 7/12, 9am-noon

      Intermediate:
      WIRE9721: SWAROVSKI SLIDE BRACELET $50.00 fee ($50.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9721.jpg
      Tues, 5/13, 1-4pm (this date cancelled)
      Sat, 5/31, 1-4pm
      Tues, 7/22, 9am-noon
      WIRE9722: CUFF BRACELET WITH BEADS $60.00 fee ($60.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9722.jpg
      Tues, 7/22, 1-4pm
      WIRE9723: WRAPPING A CABOCHON – PENDANT $50.00 fee (minimum
      enrollment for this class is 2 students) ($50.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9723.jpg
      Sat, 7/12, 1-4pm

      WIREPMC9724: EARRINGS, EARRINGS, EARRINGS $130.00 fee, $35.00
      materials charge ($165.00 deposit reseves space)
      This is an all day class. The student will make a pair of PMC
      earrings and while firing, will learn 2-3 other wire-wrapped earring
      designs.
      LOOK & SEE:
      Sat, 6/14, 9am-5pm

      WIRE9725: CURLY RING AND TOE RING. $35.00 fee ($35.00 fee reserves
      space)
      LOOK & SEE:
      Tues, 6/17, 1-4pm

      Advanced:
      WIRE9731: WRAPPING A CABOCHON – BRACELET $105.00 fee ($105.00
      deposit reserves space)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9731.jpg
      TBA

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/wirework/wirework.htm]

      SILVERSMITHING COURSES

      Silversmithing (Need to reserve a place about 4-6 weeks ahead of
      when you'd like to take the course)
      Instructor: Nancie Roarke
      Introductory course is $470.00 ($300.00 deposit).
      This involves four 3-hour session classes, spread out over 2 weeks.
      There is also some homework assigned. This class is taught with only
      1 or 2 students. You will also need to have a jeweler's saw and
      blades. If purchased at Be Dazzled for this class, these will cost
      $25.00.

      SILVERSMITHING WORKSHOPS BY DON NORRIS
      Don's workshop in December was a huge hit, and we had many more
      students interested than we had spots for. So, this spring, we will
      be offering this Beginner Workshop again, as well as an Advanced 2-
      day workshop. There is a limit to 10 registrants per workshop.
      His workshops fill quickly.

      Tuesday, April 29th, 9am-6pm, Beginner Silversmithing Workshop
      $200.00 fee includes instruction, all materials and tools
      Emphasis on learning how to solder with a hand held torch, and
      creating a setting for a stone

      Saturday and Sunday, May 17th-18th, 9am-6pm each day, Advanced
      Silversmithing Workshop
      $300.00 fee includes instruction, all materials and tools
      Project oriented class. More details to follow.

      GET LISTED WITH US On-LINE
      We've set up a Links Page
      (www.landofodds.com/store/artistsonweb.htm ) on the Land of Odds web-
      site (www.landofodds.com) that maintains active links to the web-
      sites of our students and teachers who sell their jewelry on-line.
      This is a good way to promote yourselves and your jewelry. There
      are no charges. Land of Odds ranks as something like the 87,000th
      busiest site on the net, 2nd busiest bead-shopping site, and gets
      about 6,000 unique visitors every day. Hopefully we can entice some
      of these folks to venture over to our new Links page, and then over
      to your web-site to see your stuff.
      I would need you to send me an email (warren@...) with
      the following information:
      Your business name
      Your name
      Your web-site address
      A brief description of the types of items you sell

      Some optional information you can provide:
      An image of a logo
      An image of a piece of jewelry or other item that you sell

      -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
      CLIP THIS
      TEMPORARY BEAD ARTIST DISCOUNT CARD

      For use at
      Be Dazzled Beads
      Voted #3 Best Bead Shop In America in survey by jsbeads.com
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      www.bedazzledbeads.com

      15% off when your total purchase is between $25.00 and $74.99
      20% off when your total purchase is over $75.00

      Courtesy of The Center For Beadwork & Jewelry Arts