CBJA COURSES / HAPPENINGS: Mon, 2/4 thru Sun, 3/9

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2008
      CENTER FOR BEADWORK & JEWELRY ARTS
      A School With A Different Approach
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      website: www.landofodds.com/beadschool/
      email: beadschool@...
      calendar and announcements:

      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      GOOD THRU February 9th, 2008 With This Coupon

      SPECIALS THIS MONTH AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      With This Coupon
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610

      DISCOUNT WITH THIS COUPON:

      30% off all strung Czech druk round and druk rondelle beads!

      WATCH FOR NOTICES ABOUT OUR FIRST DIBS SALES…Whenever we get a large
      shipment in of beads, we put the beads out at near wholesale prices
      for 2 days, before we begin to price, merchandise and store them.
      Sales are announced only through these Yahoo-beadschool group emails.

      GOOD THRU February 9th, 2008 With This Coupon
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

      ANNOUNCEMENTS

      A Farewell to Rosie
      Rosie, our beloved dog, passed away on Saturday evening, January
      26th. She was so very close to many folks at the store. We knew
      many of you would like to know about her passing.

      We posted information about Rosie on-line at:
      http://www.landofodds.com/store/rosie.htm

      RAINBOW SERIES SALES
      For the next several weeks listed below, we're repeating our very
      popular Rainbow Series Sales from last year. We're putting out our
      backstock on strands of Czech Glass at 50% off. Each sale date will
      be a different color palette. We need to make more storage space
      for new things coming in this Spring.

      Dates and Palettes:

      Fri, 2/8 thru Sat, 2/9, 10am-6pm
      Crystals, Blacks and Reds
      Crystals/whites/grays/blacks/crystal-silvers/crystal-
      golds/vitrails/azuros/zairits/
      cardinals/valentinits/hematites/ruby/pink/fuchsia/light
      siam/siam/ruby vega/cherry/milky
      pink/opals/corals/red/garnet/rose/rose-white/pearl-fuschia/antique
      pink

      Fri, 2/22 thru Sat, 2/23, 10am-6pm
      Purples and Browns
      Purple/amethyst/lusters/lilac/lavender/violet/purple iris/topaz/smoke
      topaz/golds/
      Bronzes/coppers/brown iris/tortoise/chroust/gold-smoke topaz/topaz-
      pink/
      Yellows/jonquils/oranges/hyacinth/Colorado
      topaz/celsian/champagne/clarit/
      Carnelian/brown/beige/opals

      Fri, 3/21 thru Sat, 3/22, 10am-6pm
      Greens and Blues
      Greens/olivines/peridot/luster/green-amethyst/green-blue/bottle
      green/Kelly green/
      emerald/green emerald/moss/blues/sapphire/cobalt/aqua/green aqua/blue
      zircon/
      Teal/turquoise/green turquoise/blue-black/art glass/ble-green/blue-
      pink/blue iris/
      Montana/opals

      Shapes and Styles:
      Round, rondelle, dagger, angel wing, flat ovals, flat discs,
      rectangles, squares, cubes, hearts, stars, tubes, cathedrals, fire
      polish, druks, belly donuts, teardrops, egglettes, special fancy
      shapes, Picasso, and much, much more….

      Get a lot of beads at or near their original wholesale cost!

      No rainchecks. No other store discounts apply. If you have a
      wholesale number, we waive the sales tax on these items, but don't
      extend an additional wholesale discount. No on-line orders – just at
      the shop.

      Nashville Craft Mafia February Meeting
      At Be Dazzled Beads
      Sat, 2/9/08, 3:30pm

      WIRE CLINIC – New class to be offered twice each month
      Instructor: Marjorie Miller
      WIRE CLINIC: Making Loops and Coiled Loops on Head and Eye Pins
      $15.00 fee (tools and wire provided) ($15.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      Thurs, 2/7, Noon-12:30pm
      Thurs, 2/21, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 3/6, Noon-12:30pm
      Thurs, 3/20, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 4/3, Noon-12:30pm
      Thurs, 4/17, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 5/1, Noon-12:30pm
      Thurs, 5/15, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 6/5, Noon-12:30pm
      Thurs, 6/19, 5:30-6:00pm

      COME STUDY JEWELRY DESIGN WITH US IN TUSCANY, ITALY
      "Contemporizing Traditional Etruscan Jewelry"
      June 28th thru July 5th, 2008
      Toscana Americana has invited us to lead an 8-day workshop in
      Cortona, Italy in Tuscany and near Florence. The workshop –
      Contemporizing Traditional Etruscan Jewelry – teaches some bead
      stringing and bead weaving techniques, introduces you to some in-
      depth jewelry design concepts and theories, and guides you in the
      creation of 2 or 3 contemporized pieces of jewelry. More information
      on-line:
      www.landofodds.com/store/toscananarrativesynopsis.htm

      DIANE FITZGERALD WORKSHOPS
      Friday, October 10, 1-day, Beginner/Intermediate Level,
      Celtic Trefoil Pin/Pendant and Pointed Oval Links Necklace
      $125.00 fee plus supplies
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/workshops/work101008pinchain.htm

      Saturday and Sunday, 10/11 and 10/12, 2-day, Intermediate Level,
      Moroccan Lanterns Necklace
      $250.00 fee plus supplies
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/workshops/work101108lantern.htm

      SILVERSMITHING WORKSHOPS BY DON NORRIS
      Don's workshop in December was a huge hit, and we had many more
      students interested than we had spots for. So, this spring, we will
      be offering this Beginner Workshop again, as well as an Advanced 2-
      day workshop. There is a limit to 10 registrants per workshop.
      His workshops fill quickly.

      Tuesday, April 29th, 9am-6pm, Beginner Silversmithing Workshop
      $200.00 fee includes instruction, all materials and tools
      Emphasis on learning how to solder with a hand held torch, and
      creating a setting for a stone

      Saturday and Sunday, May 17th-18th, 9am-6pm each day, Advanced
      Silversmithing Workshop
      $300.00 fee includes instruction, all materials and tools
      Project oriented class. More details to follow.

      PRICE INCREASES
      We've been struggling with massive price increases for many items
      over the last couple years. We're about to go through another round
      of major prices increases. Here's a bit of a heads-up, so you can be
      a little bit strategic about accumulating your inventory:

      1) Czech Seed Beads – will increase 15-30% this year
      Our prices on these increase when the new stock comes in. These
      move quickly in the store, so I'd suggest stocking up, particularly
      on the lower priced ones ($3.75 - $5.75/hank)

      2) Ausrian crystal beads and rhinestones – increase 2/2/08, 2% in
      actual wholesale cost, but 15-20% in the currency surcharge.
      Wholesales list their prices in actual cost, but then footnote the
      added surcharges.
      I increase our prices usually style/size by style/size, so our store
      prices will increase slowly on these.

      3) Sterling Silver and Gold Filled
      Our store prices increase as each item is replenished. This year,
      you're looking at jumps of 15-25% on the sterling and 50-200% on the
      gold-filled.

      4) Anything made in China – about 7-10%
      Our store prices increase as each item is replenished.

      5) Czech Glass – about 30-45%
      Our store prices increase as each item is replenished.
      If the color has copper or gold in it, expect 200+% price
      increases. If you like the Picasso style, this is made with
      copper. These all move very quickly.

      5mm Fire Polish Round Beads
      Czech factories are no longer manufacturing this size fire polish
      bead. There are still a lot of colors and stock left, but if you
      like to use this size, you might want to stock up. For example,
      there are no more rose AB or sapphire AB in this bead. Black, red,
      blue and pink usually sell out the fastest.

      ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR SMALLER, TARGETED EMAIL LISTS?
      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in
      Wire Work Jewelry. If you want to be added, send your email address
      to warren@... Type in WIRE WORK LIST in the subject
      line. NOTE: AOL.com has occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in
      Bead Weaving. If you want to be added, send your email address to
      warren@... Type in BEAD WEAVING LIST in the subject line.
      NOTE: AOL.com has occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      BEADING CLOTCH
      2nd and 4th Wednesday of each Month
      We've set aside the afternoons (noon to 3pm or later) on the 2nd and
      4th Wednesdays of each month, (and if there's a 5th Wednesday, on
      that day, too), for an open-ended Beading Clotch. Anyone may come,
      bring whatever projects they are working on, and work on them, share
      them, whatever. This is totally open-ended. No fees.

      THE UGLY NECKLACE CONTEST:
      Read the rules for The Ugly Necklace 2008 contest at:
      www.landofodds.com/store/uglynecklace.htm
      Entries due 3/15/08. 2008 Special Rule: Necklaces must consist 75%
      of beads – however, you define "beads" – and not be longer than 32".

      ALL DOLLED UP: BEADED ART DOLL COMPETITION
      Winners Announced
      These Beaded Art Dolls are on display at Be Dazzled Beads,
      October 7th, 2007 through March 15th, 2008

      WINNERS: Teresa Hon and Connie Davis, Platte City, Missouri
      RUNNER-UP: Ralonda Patterson, Decatur, Texas

      Deadline for 2009 contest is 8/31/2009
      Theme: Earthen Mother
      Rules: www.landofodds.com/store/alldolledup.htm

      EARRINGS, EARRINGS, EARRINGS WORKSHOP
      Elesa Phares will teach this 1-day workshop, Sat, June 14ths, 9am-
      5pm. She will be teaching some basic Precious Metal Clay
      techniques, and combine these with wire-wrap techniques.

      WHAT'S NEW @ The Open Window Gallery – Fine Art Jewelry and More
      O Wire-Wrap Jewelry by Elesa Phares
      O Gemstone and sterling silver jewelry from the Marjorie Miller
      Design Studio
      O Carved Cherry Amber Pendants
      O Large square donuts in Black Lace Agate
      O Wire work jewelry by Tracey Dooling
      O Photographic art work by Ellen Sutherland
      O "Emma Valentine" Jewelry
      O Pott Nash and Stevie Kelly Jewelry
      O Bead crochet and other bead-woven pieces by Kathleen Lynam
      O Gemstone and Lampwork Glass jewelry by James Alfred Jones
      O Art jewelry by Warren Feld

      INTERESTED IN TEACHING ONE OR MORE COURSES AT THE CBJA? We're always
      looking for additional teachers. Please review our Teacher Guide on-
      line at
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/teacherguide/intro/cover.htm
      There is a section on Selection of Teachers and Courses, with
      information about how to propose a course(s). Then make an
      appointment with us (615-292-0610), and we can discuss prospects
      further. Looking for teachers with experience in the following areas:

      Wire-Working, particularly making jewelry findings, chains, earrings
      and rosaries
      Micro-Macrame or Hemp with beads

      ARRANGE A CLASS TO MEET YOUR OWN SCHEDULING NEEDS!
      All it takes is 3 people to make special arrangements for any of
      our classes. Just let us know your interests in specific courses,
      the time the three or more of you would like to meet, and we'll
      coordinate scheduling with the teacher.

      -------

      FOUR WEEK SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
      Mon, February 4th, 2008 through Sun, March 9th, 2008

      PLEASE PRE-REGISTER FOR CLASSES AT LEAST 3-5 DAYS AHEAD OF TIME

      NOTE: Class fees pay for instructional costs. Students are
      responsible for either bringing their supplies and tools, or
      purchasing these at Be Dazzled Beads. In some cases, kits are made
      up for a class. In other cases, there may be an additional
      laboratory or equipment charge. When registering, a deposit is
      required. You may pay this with a credit card, check or cash. If you
      are registering by phone, you may pay with a credit card, or mail in
      a check. Deposits are nonrefundable. If you need to purchase your
      supplies and tools, please come a little earlier than the start time
      of the class, so you can finish purchasing what you need before the
      class begins. You'll find all these details posted on-line on the
      CBJA web-site –
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/

      ORIENTATION TO BEADS AND JEWELRY FINDINGS Course
      We require that you begin your beading and jewelry making education
      by taking our Orientation class.
      We cover:
      - how to know the quality of the beads and jewelry pieces you are
      using, and what happens to these pieces over time
      - how to relate the quality of the beads and jewelry pieces you buy
      to your design goals and, if you are selling your pieces, your
      marketing goals as well
      - what to watch out for when buying crystal beads
      - how to buy and use druks, fire polish beads, seed beads, delicas
      - pros and cons of various stringing materials
      - what tools you will need to buy, and what to consider when buying
      them

      This is class is free, but it is two very full hours.

      Fri, 2/8, 9:30-11:30am
      Sat, 2/16, 9:30-11:30am
      Fri, 2/22, 9:30-11:30am
      Sat, 3/1, 9-11am
      Fri, 3/7, 9:30-11:30am
      Sat, 3/15, 9-11am
      Fri, 3/21, 9:30-11:30am

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/orientation/orient.htm]

      STUDENTS WHO BEGIN OUR PROGRAM USUALLY TAKE THESE COURSES
      AFTER TAKING THE ORIENTATION CLASS:

      If interested in Bead Stringing:
      BS0001: BASICS OF BEAD STRINGING AND ATTACHING CLASPS
      BS0003: PEARL KNOTTING
      WIRE9001: ORIENTATION TO WIRE or WIRE9700: PATTERN WIRE
      BRACELET/INTRO TO WIRE WRAPPING
      Then Intro to Color and Beads, and Jewelry Design I

      If interested in Bead Weaving:
      STITCH OF THE MONTH – Create a New Bracelet with a Different Stitch
      each month.
      Join this class at any point in the 12-part sequence.
      BS0001: BASICS OF BEAD STRINGING AND ATTACHING CLASPS
      BW2495 RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE BRACELET
      LOOM2020 INTRODUCTION TO THE LOOM
      PEY2002 LEARN TO PEYOTE
      BC0101: INTRODUCTION TO BEAD CROCHET

      If interested in Wire Wrapping Jewelry:
      WIRE9700 PATTERN WIRE BRACELET (this is the first class)
      WIRE9721 SWAROVOSKI SLIDE BRACELET
      BS0001: BASICS OF BEAD STRINGING AND ATTACHING CLASPS
      WIRE9722 CUFF BRACELET WITH BEADS
      WIRE9731 WRAPPING A CABOCHON – BRACELET

      AFTER TAKING 3 or so COURSES, STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO TAKE THE
      JEWELRY DESIGN CLASSES, Beginning with INTRO TO COLOR AND BEADS, then
      JEWELRY DESIGN I and JEWELRY DESIGN II.

      STITCH OF THE MONTH
      Learn a new bracelet stitch each month!
      Instructor: Kathleen Lynam

      Meets one Sat morning and one weekday evening each month.

      The Stitch of the Month curriculum is designed to teach 12 major
      bead-weaving stitches/techniques in a comparative context. This is
      perhaps one of the best ways to learn bead weaving. You get a
      clearer understanding of what each stitch is, how to manage and
      control it, and what your project and design options are, when you
      learn them comparatively, rather than in isolation from each other.

      Each class is devoted to explaining a little of the history of the
      stitch and the how-to basics of doing the stitch. Students then
      practice with variations on the stitch, such as
      increasing/decreasing, flat vs. tubular vs. circular, and the like.
      Students are guided in planning a sampler, using the stitch.

      Students create a bracelet each month.

      Students may join the class at any point in the 12-month cycle. You
      may do all of the classes, or only some of them, as you desire. The
      first class is repeated every 2-3 months. If you miss a class, it
      will be repeated in the next cycle.

      The Twelve Sessions (June begins cycle)
      1. June. BEADWEAVING PRIMER. This session then introduces The SQUARE
      STITCH
      TBA
      July. NETTING
      TBA
      3. August. NDBELE (also known as Herringbone)
      TBA
      4. September. PEYOTE
      TBA
      5. October. LOOM
      TBA
      6. November. BRICK STITCH
      TBA
      7. December. SPIRAL ROPE
      TBA
      8. January. FRINGE
      TBA
      9. February. RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE
      Mon, 2/18/08, 6-9pm
      10. March. BEAD EMBROIDERY
      Sat, 3/1/08, 10am-1pm
      Mon, 3/17/08, 6-9pm
      11. April. PETERSBURG CHAIN
      Sat, 4/5/08, 10am-1pm
      Mon, 4/21/08, 6-9pm
      12. May. BEADED BEADS
      Sat, 5/3/08, 10am-1pm
      Mon, 5/19/08, 6-9pm

      BEAD STUDY GROUP

      Meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, 1:00pm-3:00pm No fees.

      You may join the group at anytime. The purposes of the group are
      manifold, including to explore new methods of beading, to experiment
      with variations on traditional techniques, and to study culture-
      specific beading techniques.

      Next bead studies:
      Diane Fitzgerald's new Zulu Book
      Wed, 2/6 and 2/20, 1-3pm

      Feb 6 – Susi Graves
      Flowerette, p. 31

      Feb 20 – Kathleen Lynam
      Ladder Chain, p. 47

      March 5 – Bev Moon
      Spearhead Chain, p. 35

      March 20 – Connie Welch
      Tri Leg Chain, p. 51

      There is no teaching charge for this class; however, there may be a
      small charge for materials.

      You may also register for the BeadStudy group under Yahoo where
      summaries of the discussions will be sent to group members, and you
      may continue the discussions on line. Summaries of all discussions
      and all handouts are archived here for you, as well.

      Bead Study meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month from 1-
      3pm. Let Warren know if you are interested in joining the group.
      Anyone can join.

      BEAD STRINGING

      BS0001: BASICS OF BEAD STRINGING/ATTACHING CLASPS, $30.00 fee
      ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn both needle/thread and crimp/flexwire approaches to stringing
      beads; pros and cons of various types of clasps; use of various types
      of jewelry findings; insights about stringing beads from an expert)
      Sat, 2/9, 9am-12:30pm
      Tues, 2/19, 9am-12:30pm
      Sat, 3/8, 9am-12:30pm
      Tues, 3/18, 9am-12:30pm

      BS0003: PEARL KNOTTING $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn this simple, straightforward technique. No special tools
      required)
      Wed, 2/20, 6-8:30pm
      Wed, 3/12, 6-8:30pm
      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/beadstring/beadstring.
      htm]

      BEAD WEAVING: MISCELANEOUS STITCHES:

      PEY2002: PEYOTE I: LEARN TO PEYOTE - BRACELET $35.00 fee ($35.00
      deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 3/1/08, 4-6:30pm
      PEY2011A: PEYOTE II: TUBULAR PEYOTE –$35.00 fee ($35.00
      deposit reserves space) Requires Peyote I, or Stitch of the Month –
      Peyote, or equivalent experience as prerequisite
      Sat, 4/5/08, 1:00-4:00pm

      LOOM2020: INTRODUCTION TO LOOMWORK $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn to warp a loom, and create a simple piece of loomwork)
      Sat, 4/5/08, 4-6pm

      BC0101: INTRODUCTION TO BEAD CROCHET: $45.00 instructional fee
      ($45.00 deposit reserves space) (3 hour class plus 1 additional hour
      to be scheduled by teacher and students)
      Sat, 3/1/08, 1:30-4:00pm
      Sat, 6/7/08, 1:30-4:00pm

      BW2490: MONET'S GARDEN BRACELET $40.00 fee plus $10.00 kit of
      beads ($50.00 deposit reserves space)
      Mon, 5/19/08, 3-6pm

      BW2495: RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE BRACELET $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      Sat, 5/3/08, 1:30-3:30

      BW4: DAFFODIL EMBROIDERED CUFF $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      Mon, 4/21/08, 3-6:00pm

      BW5: BEADING AROUND A CABOCHON – BACK STITCH METHOD $40.00 fee
      ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW6: BEADING AROUND A CABOCHON – PEYOTE STITCH METHOD $40.00 fee
      ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW7: BEADING AROUND A CABOCHON – NETTING METHOD $40.00 fee ($40.00
      deposit reserves space)
      Intermediate level class
      Sat, 5/3, 3:30-6:00pm

      BEADWEAVING: BEADED BEAD SERIES
      Instructor: Kathleen Lynam
      Each class is $35.00 plus supplies ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      Classes on making beaded beads are offered every 3 months. A
      different technique is taught at each class. This workshop series
      is an intermediate level.
      Sat, 6/7/08, 4-6pm

      BEAD WEAVING OPEN WORK SESSIONS (no fees)
      Here's your opportunity to bring in any unfinished bead weaving
      projects and get some instructions.
      Sat, 7/12/08, 4-6pm

      BEADING/JEWELRY MAKING AS A BUSINESS

      BUS3001: PRICING AND SELLING YOUR JEWELRY $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn to apply a formula for determining a fair retail price and a
      fair wholesale price; learn basics of marketing process)
      Sat, 2/23, 9-11am
      Thurs, 3/27, 4-6pm
      BUS3007: GETTING YOUR JEWELRY MAKING BUSINESS STARTED $30.00 fee
      ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about local, state and federal requirements/forms; simple
      bookkeeping set up to track costs and revenues; defining business
      model)
      Thurs, 2/21, 4-6pm
      Thurs, 3/20, 4-6pm
      BUS3008: BUYING GEMSTONE BEADS $25.00 fee ($25.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn insights about how to buy gemstone beads)
      Thurs, 3/13, 4-6pm
      BUS3009: SO YOU WANT TO DO CRAFT SHOWS… $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn how to find craft shows, apply for booth, set up booth,
      market, inventory and the like)
      Thurs, 2/7, 4-6pm
      Thurs, 3/6, 4-6pm
      Thurs, 4/3, 4-6pm
      BUS3010: INTERNET MARKETING FOR VERY SMALL BUSINESSES…THAT WORKS!
      $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about affordable strategies very small businesses can do to
      market their websites)
      Thurs, 2/28, 4-6pm
      Thurs, 4/10, 4-6pm

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/business/business.htm]

      GENERAL JEWELRY DESIGN CO-CURRICULAR COURSES

      GEN6001: INTRODUCTION TO COLOR WITH BEADS $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn some color theory, how to use the color wheel to define color
      schemes, and how to successfully apply color schemes to bead work in
      order to evoke positive emotions and sensibilities)
      Sat, 3/22, 9am-noon
      GEN6006: JEWELRY DESIGN I: COMPOSITION AND BASIC DESIGN PRINCIPLES
      $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn 10 principles of jewelry design, and critique various finished
      necklaces, in terms of these principles)
      Sat, 3/29, 9am-11am
      GEN6008: JEWELRY DESIGN II: FORM AND FUNCTION $40.00 fee ($40.00
      deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about jewelry from a more architectural and engineering focus –
      how to create support systems which allow for movement; how the
      placement of forms, connectors and objects within a piece impacts
      socio-cultural-cognitive impressions)
      TBA
      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/general/general.htm]

      WIRE WORK AND WIRE WRAP COURSES

      Beginner:
      WIRE CLINIC: Making Loops and Coiled Loops on Head and Eye Pins
      $15.00 fee (tools and wire provided) ($15.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      Thurs, 2/7, Noon-12:30pm
      Thurs, 2/21, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 3/6, Noon-12:30pm
      Thurs, 3/20, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 4/3, Noon-12:30pm
      Thurs, 4/17, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 5/1, Noon-12:30pm
      Thurs, 5/15, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 6/5, Noon-12:30pm
      Thurs, 6/19, 5:30-6:00pm

      WIRE9700: PATTERN WIRE BRACELET AND INTRO TO WIRE WRAPPING $30.00
      fee plus $40.00 kit and instructions ($70.00 deposit reserves space)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9700.jpg
      Sat, 2/9, 9am-noon
      Sat, 3/15, 9am-noon
      Tues, 5/13, 9am-noon
      Sat, 5/31, 9am-noon
      Tues, 6/17, 9am-noon
      Sat, 7/12, 9am-noon

      Intermediate:
      WIRE9721: SWAROVSKI SLIDE BRACELET $50.00 fee ($50.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9721.jpg
      Sat, 2/9, 1-4pm
      Tues, 3/18, 1-4pm
      Tues, 5/13, 1-4pm
      Sat, 5/31, 1-4pm
      Tues, 7/22, 9am-noon
      WIRE9722: CUFF BRACELET WITH BEADS $60.00 fee ($60.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9722.jpg
      Tues, 2/12, 1-4pm
      Sat, 3/15, 1-4pm
      Tues, 7/22, 1-4pm
      WIRE9723: WRAPPING A CABOCHON – PENDANT $50.00 fee (minimum
      enrollment for this class is 2 students) ($50.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9723.jpg
      Tues, 2/12, 9am-noon
      Sat, 7/12, 1-4pm

      WIREPMC9724: EARRINGS, EARRINGS, EARRINGS $130.00 fee, $35.00
      materials charge ($165.00 deposit reseves space)
      This is an all day class. The student will make a pair of PMC
      earrings and while firing, will learn 2-3 other wire-wrapped earring
      designs.
      LOOK & SEE:
      Sat, 6/14, 9am-5pm

      WIRE9725: CURLY RING AND TOE RING. $35.00 fee ($35.00 fee reserves
      space)
      LOOK & SEE:
      Tues, 6/17, 1-4pm

      Advanced:
      WIRE9731: WRAPPING A CABOCHON – BRACELET $105.00 fee ($105.00
      deposit reserves space)
      LOOK & SEE :http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire9731.jpg
      Tues, 3/18, 9am-noon

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/wirework/wirework.htm]

      SILVERSMITHING COURSES

      Silversmithing (Need to reserve a place about 4-6 weeks ahead of
      when you'd like to take the course)
      Instructor: Nancie Roarke
      Introductory course is $470.00 ($300.00 deposit).
      This involves four 3-hour session classes, spread out over 2 weeks.
      There is also some homework assigned. This class is taught with only
      1 or 2 students. You will also need to have a jeweler's saw and
      blades. If purchased at Be Dazzled for this class, these will cost
      $25.00.

      SILVERSMITHING WORKSHOPS BY DON NORRIS
      Don's workshop in December was a huge hit, and we had many more
      students interested than we had spots for. So, this spring, we will
      be offering this Beginner Workshop again, as well as an Advanced 2-
      day workshop. There is a limit to 10 registrants per workshop.
      His workshops fill quickly.

      Tuesday, April 29th, 9am-6pm, Beginner Silversmithing Workshop
      $200.00 fee includes instruction, all materials and tools
      Emphasis on learning how to solder with a hand held torch, and
      creating a setting for a stone

      Saturday and Sunday, May 17th-18th, 9am-6pm each day, Advanced
      Silversmithing Workshop
      $300.00 fee includes instruction, all materials and tools
      Project oriented class. More details to follow.

      GET LISTED WITH US On-LINE
      We've set up a Links Page
      (www.landofodds.com/store/artistsonweb.htm ) on the Land of Odds web-
      site (www.landofodds.com) that maintains active links to the web-
      sites of our students and teachers who sell their jewelry on-line.
      This is a good way to promote yourselves and your jewelry. There
      are no charges. Land of Odds ranks as something like the 87,000th
      busiest site on the net, 2nd busiest bead-shopping site, and gets
      about 6,000 unique visitors every day. Hopefully we can entice some
      of these folks to venture over to our new Links page, and then over
      to your web-site to see your stuff.
      I would need you to send me an email (warren@...) with
      the following information:
      Your business name
      Your name
      Your web-site address
      A brief description of the types of items you sell

      Some optional information you can provide:
      An image of a logo
      An image of a piece of jewelry or other item that you sell

      -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
      CLIP THIS
      TEMPORARY BEAD ARTIST DISCOUNT CARD

      For use at
      Be Dazzled Beads
      Voted #3 Best Bead Shop In America in survey by jsbeads.com
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      www.bedazzledbeads.com

      15% off when your total purchase is between $25.00 and $74.99
      20% off when your total purchase is over $75.00

      Courtesy of The Center For Beadwork & Jewelry Arts