FULL-TIME RETAIL ASSOCIATE POSITION open at Be Dazzled Beads
- Be Dazzled Beads is looking for a full-time Retail Associate, to work
Mondays thru Fridays, from 10am-6pm. This person would work with
customers, and assist in inventory management.
The job description is posted below. The person filling the position
could start anytime between mid-May and mid-June.
If you or anyone you know might be interested, please contact Warren
Feld, 615/292-0610 to schedule an interview.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
RETAIL ASSOCIATE FULL TIME, WEEKDAYS
Customer Service, Sales, Inventory Control, Some Order Processing
Hours: M-F, 10am-6pm
This is a full-time, hourly position, Monday thru Friday, 10am-6pm.
This person will have a mix of traditional retail responsibilities,
- Creating a welcoming environment in the shop
- Assisting customers find merchandise
- Selling beads, jewelry findings
- Assisting students register for classes, or get their
supplies for classes
- Using a cash register, calculators, credit card machines,
telephone system, personal computer, label making machine
- Simple calculations such as computing sales tax, store
discounts, order totals, and prices
- Simple computer tasks using word processing program (WORD)
and spreadsheet (EXCEL), such as entering product and
- Assuring inventory is well-merchandised and satisfactorily
replenished in a timely fashion
- Preparing bulk merchandise for resale, including tying up
strands of beads, preparing tubes of loose beads, making
price tags and labels
- Restocking shelves and trays
- Checking in new inventory as it arrives each day
- Preparing purchasing orders to replenish inventory from
- Arranging showcase and other displays of beads and finished
- Polishing sterling silver
- Keeping store neat and presentable, including straightening
up shelves and displays, dusting, glass cleaning
- Helping maintain a safe environment for customers and
This person should enjoy working with the public, assisting them in
selecting beads and jewelry findings for their beadwork and jewelry
making needs. While a previous knowledge of beads and jewelry
findings is not a prerequisite for the position, some experience with
jewelry and beads and/or other crafts would be helpful. We will
teach you those things about beads, beading, jewelry and jewelry-
making with which you are currently unfamiliar.
This person will assist in managing the inventory, including
assessing inventory levels according to a pre-scheduled arrangement,
preparing simple orders, re-stocking shelves, and arranging inventory
This person will assist in preparing bulk inventory for in-store
display and sale. This involves some tubing of and tying off of
beads; pricing and labeling, dusting, restocking. This person will
work with a pool of customers who barter their time for beads, to
accomplish the tasks of preparing inventory for in-store display and
This person should be comfortable working with a PC computer, and
will be using word processing and spreadsheet programs. She or he
should be comfortable with basic math, adding columns of numbers,
calculating discounts, calculating prices, and using a calculator.
We will train this person to use a cash register, credit card
machine, and simple word processing and data-entry-spreadsheet
programs. We will train this person in our inventory control
Occasionally each week, this person may be asked to assist in
processing on-line orders, such as writing up invoice forms, or
packing up orders for UPS shipping.
The successful candidate will be personable, diligent, detail
oriented, and have good organizational skills.
10:00am-12:30pm Assist customers. Restock shelves and trays.
Prepare re-order forms. Check in new orders.
12:30pm Lunch break
12:50pm 6pm Assist customers. Restock shelves and trays.
Prepare re-order forms. Tie-off strands or tube up beads. Price
and label. Some dusting and cleaning.
Price and put away new inventory; work on scheduled inventory
assessments; prepare bulk inventory to go on displays; assist
customers as they come into the store; assist students get their
supplies for classes; dust and clean shelves; work on displays.
If you, or someone you know, might be interested in either of these
positions, please contact:
Be Dazzled Beads
718 Thompson Lane, #123
Nashville, TN 37204