CBJA COURSES / HAPPENINGS: Mon, 3/1 thru Sun, 4/4

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      A School With A Different Approach
      522 East Iris Drive
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      website:
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/
      email: beadschool@...
      calendar and announcements:

      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS
      GOOD THRU Mar 13th, 2004 With This Coupon

      SPECIALS THIS MONTH AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      With This Coupon
      522 East Iris Drive
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610

      ON SALE WITH THIS COUPON:
      O 30% off all East Indian Lampwork Glass Beads

      GOOD THRU Mar 13th, 2004 With This Coupon
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS
      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

      CURRENT PUZZLE CHALLENGE: INTERNET MARKETING THAT WORKS
      Win up to a 50% off 1-day shopping spree at Be Dazzled Beads!
      You can use this discount any day between when you submit your
      answers until 4/30/04.

      You have until 3/31/04 to submit your answers:

      Rank the following as to which, according to a year-long customer
      survey, is the most effective to least effective marketing
      strategies for www.landofodds.com.

      If you guess the #1 choice, you get a 15% off shopping day. If you
      guess both the #1 and #2 choices, you get a 20% off shopping day.
      If you guess the #1, #2 and #3 choices, you get a 25% discount.
      Guess the #1, #2, #3, and #4 choices for 30%. Guess the #1, #2,
      #3, #4, and #5 choices for 35%, and so forth.

      The internet marketing choices in no particular order:

      a.Bead or Craft Magazine Ad referring to the web-site
      b.Link from someone's personal web-page
      c.Link or mention in a newsgroup, forum or other group such as a web-
      ring
      d.Google search engine
      e.Alta Vista and all other search engines besides Google and Yahoo
      f.Yahoo search engine and directory
      g.Word of mouth – someone's recommendation to visit
      www.landofodds.com
      h.Link from bead or craft related web-site (not a personal web-site)

      RANK THEM:
      #1 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (for a 15% off 1-day shopping spree)
      #2 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (#1 and #2 for a 20% off 1-day shopping spree)
      #3 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (#1, #2 and #3 for 25% off)
      #4 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (#1, #2, #3 and #4 for 30% off)
      #5 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (#1, #2, #3, #4 and #5 for 35% off)
      #6 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5 and #6 for 40% off)
      #7 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (#1 thru #7 for 45% off)
      #8 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (#1 thru #8 for 50% off)

      Intrigued? You may want to consider taking our Internet Marketing
      for very small businesses class.

      ANNOUNCEMENTS

      MOVING DAY – On or About April 1st, 2004!
      Yes, it's true. We will be moving to new spaces on Thompson
      Lane. We'll have more space, larger classrooms, and lots of
      beading supplies all for you. Be Dazzled Beads and The Center for
      Beadwork & Jewelry Arts will be in the shopping center on Thompson
      Lane that includes Applebees and Subway at either end. The
      address:

      718 Thompson Lane
      Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204

      The phone should be the same: 615-292-0610.
      We'll continue to be open on East Iris all the way up to the moving
      day. As we approach the April 1st date, if you don't find us on
      East Iris, you'll find us 2 blocks away on Thompson Lane.

      Regrettably, we will be abbreviating our class schedules for March.

      FUSED GLASS WORKSHOPS FOR WINTER/SPRING 2004:
      Instructor: Sylvanye Roh
      Fees: $150.00 plus $30.00 kit ($115.00 deposit reserves space)
      More information at
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/elective
      s/lampwork/lampwork.htm

      Introduction to Fused Glass
      Sat, May 8, 9am-3pm

      Intermediate Fused Glass Workshop
      Sat, March 20, 9am-3pm

      Advanced Fused Glass Workshop
      Sat, Jun 19, 9am-3pm

      CENTENNIAL HIGH SCHOOL HOLIDAY SHOW
      Vendor applications due April 1, 2004
      For more information and an application form:
      Call: 615-472-2740, ext. 2335

      INTERGALACTIC BEAD SHOW:
      Sat, Apr 3, 10:00am-5pm, and Sun, Apr 4, 10:00am-5pm. You can pick
      up a $2.00 off Admission coupon at Be Dazzled Beads, or print one
      off on-line at http://www.landofodds.com/store/ibscoupon.htm .

      Next IBS:
      August 14-15
      Nov 13-14

      FOR INFORMATION ABOUT SUMMER WORKSHOPS AT
      THE APPALACHIAN CENTER FOR CRAFT
      Phone: 615-597-6801
      Website: www.tntech.edu/craftcenter
      Workshop program offers variety of classes in blacksmithing, clay,
      fibers, glass, metals and wood; also offered are occasional classes
      in drawing, paiting and photography. Over 55 workshops are
      available during the summer season for skill levels ranging from the
      beginner to the studio profiessional; room and board also available
      during the summer. Workshops begin as early as June 7th, and
      continue through August 6th.

      KANSAS CITY DOLL FAIR – THE ART OF THE DOLL
      www.kcdollfair.com
      March 17-21, 2004
      workshops, dollmaking competition, sales exhibit hall, artist
      critiques, social events, puppet theater.

      BEAD EXPO: Santa Fe, New Mexico
      March 17-21, 2004
      info@...
      www.beadexpo.com
      This expo is jam-packed with workshops, a huge bead bazaar and a
      symposium. You will need to preregister for the workshops to
      guarantee a place.

      GLASS ART SOCIETY 34th ANNUAL CONFERENCE
      New Orleans, Louisiana, Jun 10-12, 2004
      For more information about the conference, and about pre- and post-
      conference workshops, go to www.glassart.org .

      SECOND ANNUAL PMC CONFERENCE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, July 23-25,
      2004.
      For more information, visit the PMC Guild website at
      www.pmcguild.com

      INTERESTED IN TEACHING ONE OR MORE COURSES AT THE CBJA? We're always
      looking for additional teachers. Please review our Teacher Guide on-
      line at
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/teacherguide/intro/cover.htm
      There is a section on Selection of Teachers and Courses, with
      information about how to propose a course(s). Then make an
      appointment with us (615-292-0610), and we can discuss prospects
      further. Looking for teachers with experience in the following areas:
      wire-wrapping
      hemp
      fiber arts and beads, bead knitting, bead and cloth embellishment
      brick stitch
      peyote stitch for intermediate and advanced classes
      loomwork for intermediate and advanced classes

      THE SECOND ANNUAL THE UGLY NECKLACE CONTEST
      A Jewelry Design Competition With A Twist
      Deadline: March 15, 2004
      For rules, deadlines and examples, please visit:
      http://www.landofodds.com/store/uglynecklace.htm

      ALL DOLLED UP: BEADED ART DOLL COMPETITION. Entries due by August
      15, 2004. For more information, visit our web-site:
      http://www.landofodds.com/store/alldolledup.htm

      ARRANGE A CLASS TO MEET YOUR OWN SCHEDULING NEEDS!
      All it takes is 3 people to make special arrangements for any of
      our classes. Just let us know your interests in specific courses,
      the time the three or more of you would like to meet, and we'll
      coordinate scheduling with the teacher.

      -------

      FOUR WEEK SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
      Mon, Mar 1, 2003 through Sun, Apr 4, 2004

      NOTE: Class fees pay for instructional costs. Students are
      responsible for either bringing their supplies and tools, or
      purchasing these at Be Dazzled Beads. In some cases, kits are made
      up for a class. In other cases, there may be an additional
      laboratory or equipment charge. When registering, a deposit is
      required. You may pay this with a credit card, check or cash. If you
      are registering by phone, you may pay with a credit card, or mail in
      a check. Deposits are nonrefundable. If you need to purchase your
      supplies and tools, please come a little earlier than the start time
      of the class, so you can finish purchasing what you need before the
      class begins. You'll find all these details posted on-line on the
      CBJA web-site -
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/

      ORIENTATION TO BEADS AND JEWELRY FINDINGS Course
      You need this course if:
      - You don't know what the differences in quality are between
      glass beads made in the Czech Republic, in Japan, in China and in
      India -- what are you really buying, how long will these beads
      last, how well will they work in your particular project?
      - You don't know the differences between 14KT gold plate over brass
      (gold-filled), 14KT gold plate over silver (vermeil), and Hamilton
      Gold Plate over brass, aluminum, steel, pot metal or copper, and
      what will likely happen to the plating over the next 3-6 months, 1-3
      years, and 5 years
      - You don't know what the differences are between "druks" and "fire
      polish" beads
      - You don't know how to tell crystal beads made in Austrian (top of
      the line) from those made in the Czech Republic and China (things
      often substituted, but of a lower quality)
      - You are unfamiliar with the history of beads, and how the Ogalala
      Sioux, the Pope, Zulu tribes, the
      French/Italians/Czech/African/Persian/North American bead
      interactions, and the shoe industry in America have influenced how
      you use beads today
      - You don't know the differences between seed beads and delicas,
      what the differences are between 12/0 and 11/0 delicas, and that
      seed beads come in many shapes, including Magatamas, Mini Fringe
      Drops, Twists, Bugles, Cubes, Triangles, Niblettes, to name some
      - You are unfamiliar with appropriate choices for stringing
      materials, jewelry findings and tools

      The Orientation course is 2 hours. Best of all, the orientation
      course is free.

      You make arrange a time convenient for you, or come in at these pre-
      scheduled times. Please call (615-292-0610)to arrange a convenient
      time for you, or attend one of these prescheduled Orientation class
      sessions:

      Fri, 3/5, 6-8pm
      Fri, 4/2, 9:30-11:30am
      Wed, 4/7, 6-8pm
      Fri, 4/9, 9:30-11:30am
      Fri, 4/16, 9:30-11:30am
      Fri, 4/23, 9:30-11:30am
      Fri, 4/30, 9:30-11:30am

      Or call and arrange a convenient time...This is taught with 1
      student or more than 1 -- it does not matter. [for more information,
      go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/orientat
      ion/orient.htm]

      CORE COURSES

      [These are prerequisites for many of
      our courses. The Attaching Clasps course is an excellent
      introduction for both bead stringing and bead weaving, and teaches
      both needle/thread and cable wire/crimps techniques for finishing
      off your pieces. The Needle & Thread I is a prerequisite for most
      bead weaving classes. For some of the intro bead weaving classes,
      we've waived this prerequisite, but to go on in bead weaving, you
      will need to pick up this class.]

      BS0001: BASICS OF BEAD STRINGING/ATTACHING CLASPS, $30.00 fee
      ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn both needle/thread and crimp/flexwire approaches to stringing
      beads; pros and cons of various types of clasps; insights about
      stringing beads from an expert)
      TBA

      BW2001: NEEDLE & THREAD I, $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      (Learn about how you thread a needle, hold it, and hold your piece
      to best manage thread tension; learn simple brick stitch)
      TBA
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/core/cor
      e.htm]

      Other beginning courses include:
      BW2002 Fringed Tulip Bag
      WIRE9001 Orientation to Wire
      BW2495 Right Angle Weave Bracelet
      BS0003 Pearl Knotting
      LOOM2020 Introduction to the Loom
      PEY2002 Learn to Peyote

      ADVANCED STUDY GROUPS

      One group meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, 1:00pm-
      3:00pm No fees. You may join the group at anytime. The purposes of
      the group are manifold, including to explore new methods of beading,
      to experiment with variations on traditional techniques, and to
      study culture-specific beading techniques.

      Wed, Mar 3, 1-3pm: Topic Continue with embellishment on the netted
      bracelet begun during the last class
      Held at Ruth Jackson's home

      Wed, Mar 17, 1-3pm: Topic Additional netted beadwork projects from
      Diane Fitzgerald's book
      Held at Ellen Sutherland's home

      ELECTIVES
      If you would like to take any class listed on our web-site, but not
      in the schedule, please call Warren (615-292-0610), and we'll see if
      we can arrange a time for you.

      [NOTE: Some courses have prerequisites. Please visit our web-site to
      review any prerequisites, supplies requirements, other student
      expectations such as pre-course work or homework involved. Also, you
      may want to familiarize yourself with our policies about placing out
      of
      prerequisites, if you have the experience already.]

      BEAD STRINGING

      SEQUENCE YOUR CORE CLASSES:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Attaching Clasps

      Electives
      Pearl Knotting
      Fringed Tulip Bag
      Also, check out the Jewelry Design classes below
      Join an Advanced Study Group

      [See schedule for BS0001: ATTACHING CLASPS above under "CORE"]

      BS0003: PEARL KNOTTING $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn this simple, straightforward technique. No special tools
      required)
      Sat, 3/13, 3-5:30pm
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/elective
      s/beadstring/beadstring.htm]

      BEAD WEAVING:
      peyote stitch, loomwork, ndebele stitch, right angle weave, brick
      stitch, other stitches, fringe/strap/edge and other elements of
      design, plus Advanced Study Groups)
      BW2001: Needle & Thread I (Brick Stitch Earrings)
      [See schedule above under "Core" classes]
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/elective
      s/beadweave/beadweave.htm]

      BEAD WEAVING:
      Design Elements:

      BW2002: FRINGE, STRAP, EDGE I: FRINGED TULIP BAG $35.00 fee ($35.00
      deposit reserves space)
      (Learn 3 different ways to finish off a line of beads)
      TBA

      BEAD WEAVING:
      The LOOM:

      SEQUENCE YOUR CORE CLASSES:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Attaching Clasps
      3. Needle & Thread I
      4. LOOM2020: Introduction to Loomwork

      Electives
      Fringed Tulip Bag
      Other loom and bead weaving classes listed in catalog
      Join an Advanced Study Group

      LOOM2020: INTRODUCTION TO LOOMWORK $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn to warp a loom, and create a simple piece of loomwork)
      TBA

      BEAD WEAVING:
      PEYOTE STITCH:

      SEQUENCE YOUR CORE CLASSES:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Attaching Clasps
      3. Needle & Thread I
      4. PEY2002: Learn to Peyote
      or
      4. PEY2001: Peyote Beaded Ring
      5. PEY2011: Tubular Peyote

      Electives
      Fringed Tulip Bag
      PEY2010: Peyote Flat Stitch
      PEY2015: Peyote Around A Cabochon Pin
      PEY2014: Free Form Peyote
      Other bead weaving classes listed in catalog
      Join an Advanced Study Group

      PEY2001: BEADED PEYOTE RING $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      TBA
      PEY2002: LEARN TO PEYOTE $25.00 fee ($25.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      PEY2011: TUBULAR PEYOTE - SIMPLE AMULET PURSE $40.00 fee ($40.00
      deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      PEY2015: PEYOTE AROUND A CABOCHON PIN $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      TBA

      BEAD WEAVING:
      Miscellaneous Stitches:

      SEQUENCE YOUR CORE CLASSES:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Attaching Clasps
      3. Right Angle Weave Bracelet
      4. Needle & Thread I
      5. Fringed Tulip Bag

      Electives
      Any bead weaving class
      Join an Advanced Study Group

      BW2494: INTRODUCTION TO THE NDBELE STITCH $30.00 fee ($30.00
      deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW2495: RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE BRACELET $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      Tues, 3/16, 6-9pm

      BEADING/JEWELRY MAKING AS A BUSINESS

      SEQUENCE YOUR CORE CLASSES:
      1. Getting Your Jewelry Making Business Started
      2. Pricing and Selling Your Jewelry
      3. Internet Marketing for Very Small Businesses…That Works!

      Electives:
      So You Want To Do Craft Shows
      Buying Gemstone Beads

      BUS3001: PRICING AND SELLING YOUR JEWELRY $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn to apply a formula for determining a fair retail price and a
      fair wholesale price; learn basics of marketing process)
      Tues, 3/9, 9-11am
      BUS3007: GETTING YOUR JEWELRY MAKING BUSINESS STARTED $30.00 fee
      ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about local, state and federal requirements/forms; simple
      bookkeeping set up to track costs and revenues; defining business
      model)
      Tues, 3/2, 9am-11am
      BUS3008: BUYING GEMSTONE BEADS $25.00 fee ($25.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn insights about how to buy gemstone beads)
      TBA
      BUS3009: SO YOU WANT TO DO CRAFT SHOWS… $30.00 fee ($30.00
      deposit reserves space)
      (Learn how to find craft shows, apply for booth, set up booth,
      market, inventory and the like)
      Tues, 3/23, 6-8pm
      BUS3010: INTERNET MARKETING FOR VERY SMALL BUSINESSES…THAT
      WORKS! $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about affordable strategies very small businesses can do to
      market their websites)
      Tues, 3/16, 6-8pm
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/elective
      s/business/business.htm]

      POLYMER CLAY
      Classes to be announced.
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/elective
      s/clay/clay.htm]

      PRECIOUS METAL CLAY
      CLAYMT4001: METAL CLAY - GETTING STARTED $60.00 instructional fee
      plus $20.00 lab fee ($45.00 deposit reserves space)
      Kit of clay available for $37.50; all other tools, supplies provided
      TBA

      We offer Level 1 and Level 2 PMC+ Certification, as well as
      Crossover Certifications for those certified by Rio or Art Clay
      Silver. Please inquire about scheduled dates. We strongly suggest
      either taking the CLAYMT4001 Intro class, or buying one of the PMC+
      books and work with the clay a bit, before beginning the
      certification. The Certification will allow you to buy the clay
      at discounted rates. It will allow you to teach metal clay.
      Next dates:
      April 23-25, 2004

      FIBER ARTS
      We are developing some courses on Bead Crochet, Bead Knitting and
      Bead Knitted Bags, and Beads and Cloth Embroidery. If interested,
      please email us, and we will notify you when these classes are
      scheduled. (warren@...)[for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/elective
      s/fiberarts/fiberarts.htm]

      FIBER ARTS
      Bead Crochet
      SEQUENCE YOUR CORE CLASSES:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Attaching Clasps
      3. BC0101: Introduction to Bead Crochet
      4. BC0102: Intermediate Bead Crochet

      BC0101: INTRODUCTION TO BEAD CROCHET: $40.00 instructional fee
      ($40.00 deposit reserves space) (3 hour class plus 1 additional
      hour to be scheduled by teacher and students)
      Sat, Apr 17, 9am-noon
      BC0101B: FINISHING OFF YOUR BEAD CROCHET ROPE – A FOLLOW-UP TO
      BC0101 CLASS $10.00 instructional fee ($10.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      Tues, Apr 6, 6-7:30pm
      BC0102: INTERMEDIATE BEAD CROCHET CLASS: $30.00 instructional fee
      ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA

      GENERAL JEWELRY DESIGN CO-CURRICULAR COURSES

      SEQUENCE YOUR CORE CLASSES:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Attaching Clasps
      3. Any 3 other beginning classes in bead stringing, wire work or
      bead weaving
      4. Introduction to Color
      5. Jewelry Design 1: Principles of Composition
      6. Jewelry Design 2: Form and Function

      Electives
      Color, Texture, Pattern in Design
      Design with Computer Programs
      Design Elements: Strap, Fringe, Edge, Surface Embellishment

      GEN6001: INTRODUCTION TO COLOR $45.00 fee ($45.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      (Learn some color theory, how to use the color wheel to define color
      schemes, and how to successfully apply color schemes to bead work in
      order to evoke positive emotions and sensibilities)
      TBA
      GEN6002: COLOR, TEXTURE, PATTERN, MATERIALS IN DESIGN $45.00 fee
      ($45.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn how to interrelate and manipulate colors, textures, patterns
      and materials in design)
      TBA
      GEN6005: DESIGN WITH COMPUTER PROGRAMS $45.00 fee ($45.00
      deposit reserves space)
      (Learn how to run the Bead Cellar program to create patterns for
      loom or peyote, using delicas or seed beads)
      TBA
      GEN6006: JEWELRY DESIGN I: COMPOSITION AND BASIC DESIGN PRINCIPLES
      $45.00 fee ($45.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn 10 principles of jewelry design, and critique various
      finished necklaces, in terms of these principles)
      TBA
      GEN6007: DESIGN ELEMENTS: STRAP, FRINGE, EDGE, SURFACE
      EMBELLISHMENT $45.00 fee ($45.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn theories and applications concerning the use of and the
      choice of straps, fringes, edge and surface embellishments)
      TBA
      GEN6008: JEWELRY DESIGN II: FORM AND FUNCTION $45.00 fee
      ($45.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about jewelry from a more architectural and engineering
      focus – how to create support systems which allow for movement; how
      the placement of forms, connectors and objects within a piece
      impacts socio-cultural-cognitive impressions)
      TBA
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/elective
      s/general/general.htm]

      WIRE WORK AND WIRE WRAP COURSES

      SEQUENCE YOUR CORE CLASSES:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Attaching Clasps
      3. Orientation to Wire and Wire Shaping
      4. Introduction to Chain Making
      5. Wire Wrapping Introduction – Crystal Wrap and Cabochon

      Electives:
      Wire Structure – Cuff Bracelet
      Beads and Chain – Victorian Choker
      Snake Chain
      Wire Work Rings
      Wire Wrap Ring
      Charm Bracelet
      Egyptian Spiral Chain
      Queens Link Chain
      Make A Rosary
      Wire Artists Critique (Advanced course, requires having taken at
      least 5 wire courses)

      WIRE9001: ORIENTATION TO WIRE AND WIRE SHAPING -- FINDINGS $30.00
      fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space) There is a $5.00 kit of wire for
      this class, as well.
      (Learn about wire and shaping wire)
      (This (or its equivalent) is a prerequisite for all other wire
      classes)
      Sat, Mar 13, 9am-11:30am
      Wed, Mar 24, 6-8:30pm
      Sat, Apr 10, 9am-11:30am
      Wed, Apr 21, 6-9pm
      WIRE9002: WIRE STRUCTURE – CUFF BRACELET $30.00 fee ($30.00
      deposit reserves space)
      (Learn about using wire as a structural component)
      TBA
      WIRE9003: WIRE WORK RINGS $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      (Learn to make designs using wire, and incorporating these into
      rings)
      TBA
      WIRE9004: WIRE CHAIN MAKING AND BEADS – VICTORIAN CHOKER $30.00
      fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn to make bead chain, and incorporate this into jewelry design)
      Wed, Apr 28, 6-9pm
      WIRE9006: WIRE WRAPPING INTRODUCTION - CRYSTAL WRAP AND CABOCHON
      WRAP $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn to use the structural properties of wire to create settings
      for stones)
      TBA
      WIRE9007: WIRE WRAP RING W/CABOCHON SETTING $35.00 fee ($35.00
      deposit reserves space)
      (Learn to use the structural properties of wire to create a ring
      with a stone setting)
      TBA
      WIRE9008: WIRE WRAP CRITIQUE OF WIRE ARTISTS' WORK $35.00 fee
      ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      WIRE9101: INTRODUCTION TO CHAIN MAKING $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn the basis of chain making using wire, and practice making an
      assortment of chain and bead-chain techniques)
      Wed, Mar 17, 6-9pm
      WIRE9111: SNAKE CHAINS - BRACELET $30.00 fee plus $10.00 supplies
      Kit for woman's size; $30.00 supplies kit for man's size ($30.00
      deposit reserves space)
      (Learn to make a snake chain using wire)
      Wed, Mar 3, 6-9pm
      WIRE9112: QUEENS LINK CHAINS - BRACELET $30.00 fee plus $10.00
      supplies kit
      ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn to make a queens link chain using wire)
      TBA
      WIRE9113: CHARM BRACELET WITH DROPS $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn to make a simple chain using wire, and how to embellish this
      chain using beads, charms and other pieces)
      Wed, Apr 14, 6-9pm
      WIRE9114: EGYPTIAN SPIRAL BRACELET $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      (Learn to make an Egyptian spiral chain using wire)
      Wed, Mar 10, 6-9pm
      WIRE9115: MAKE A ROSARY $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves
      space)
      (Learn to make a bead chain)
      Wed, Apr 7, 6-9pm

      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/elective
      s/wirework/wirework.htm]

      Lampwork Glass Making (Need to reserve a place about 4-6 weeks ahead
      of when you'd like to take the course)
      Classes offered by James A. Jones at James Jones Studios. Call 615-
      292-
      0610.
      Introductory course is $325.00 ($125.00 deposit). This is a 2 full
      day(9am-5pm) commitment, preferably back to back days. This class is
      taught with only 1 or 2 students.

      Fused Glass
      Classes offered by Sylvanye Roh at James Jones Studios. Call 615-
      292-0610.
      FG7101: INTRODUCTION TO FUSED GLASS MAKING ($150.00 instructional
      fee plus $30.00 kit of supplies, $115.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, May 8, 9am-3pm
      FG7102: INTERMEDIATE FUSED GLASS CLASS ($150.00 instructional fee
      plus $30.00 kit of supplies, $115.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, March 20, 9am-3pm
      FG7103: 2nd INTERMEDIATE FUSED GLASS CLASS ($150.00
      instructional fee plus $30.00 kit of supplies, $115.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      TBA
      FG7104: ADVANCED FUSED GLASS CLASS ($150.00 instructional fee plus
      $30.00 kit of supplies, $115.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, Jun 19, 9am-3pm

      Silversmithing (Need to reserve a place about 4-6 weeks ahead of
      when you'd like to take the course)
      Classes offered by James A. Jones at James Jones Studios. Call 615-
      292-
      0610.
      Introductory course is $400.00 ($125.00 deposit). This involves six
      3-hour session classes, spread out over 3 weeks (2 a week). There is
      also some homework assigned. This class is taught with only 1 or 2
      students.

      WORKSHOPS
      For more information, please visit our web-site at:
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool

      For a more detailed, comprehensive CALENDAR of classes and
      workshops, please visit our Yahoo site at:
      Click on the Calendar link. Once, there, Click on the MONTHLY view
      option above the small image of the month on the top right of the
      page, for a better view of what's happening. If you have difficulty
      signing on to our Yahoo Beadschool Group as a new member, you can
      email us your email address, and we'll do it from our end.
      beadschool@...

      The Center for Beadwork & Jewelry Arts is committed to the teaching
      of beadwork and jewelry-making from a skills-development and –
      applications approach. The CBJA strives, in its curriculum, for a
      high degree of integrity, a comprehensive curriculum and a strong
      adherence to the developmental and ongoing needs of its students.
      The CBJA offers a wide selection of orientation, core, and elective
      courses.

      -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
      CLIP THIS
      TEMPORARY BEAD ARTIST DISCOUNT CARD

      For use at
      Be Dazzled Beads
      Voted #3 Best Bead Shop In America in survey by jsbeads.com
      522 East Iris Drive
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      www.bedazzledbeads.com

      15% off when your total purchase is between $25.00 and $74.99
      20% off when your total purchase is over $75.00

      Courtesy of The Center For Beadwork & Jewelry Arts