CBJA COURSES / HAPPENINGS - Mon, Nov 5 thru Sun, Dec 2

  • oddsian@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2001
      CENTER FOR BEADWORK & JEWELRY ARTS
      A School With A Different Approach
      522 East Iris Drive
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      website: http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/

      ANNOUNCEMENTS

      Intergalactic Bead Show, Sat, 11/10 and Sun 11/11, 10am-5pm each
      day. Come by Be Dazzled Beads to pick up a $1.00 off coupon.

      New Wirework Class -- WIRE9111: SNAKE CHAINS. Make a snake chain
      bracelet out of sterling silver jump rings! Thurs, 11/15 and Sat,
      12/15.

      Our NET2061: NETTED CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT class is a fun course where
      you learn how to use beads to create a netted ornament cover.

      Make a fun Peyote Beaded Ring (BW2004 class)! Wed, 12/5.

      Stitch of the Month Make-Up Sessions scheduled for Thurs, 11/8; Sat,
      11/17; Sat, 12/8. Reserve some time to catch up with the stitch
      samples you've missed.

      FOUR WEEK SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
      Mon, Nov 5 through Sun, Dec 2

      NOTE: Class fees pay for instructional costs. Students are
      responsible for either bringing their supplies and tools, or
      purchasing these at Be Dazzled Beads. In some cases, kits are made
      up for a class. In other cases, there may be an additional
      laboratory or equipment charge.
      When registering, a deposit is required. You may pay this with
      a credit card, check or cash. If you are registering by phone, you
      may pay with a credit card, or mail in a check.
      If you need to purchase your supplies and tools, please come a
      little earlier than the start time of the class, so you can finish
      purchasing what you need before the class begins. You'll find all
      these details posted on-line on the CBJA web-site -
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/

      Orientation Courses
      ORIENT1: Orientation to Beads, no fee, 45 minutes, arrange appointment
      ORIENT2: Orientation to Jewelry, no fee, 45 minutes, arrange
      appointment
      You may schedule these two orientation classes together.
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/orientati
      on/orient.htm]

      Core Courses [These are prerequisites for many of our courses. As
      you familiarize yourself with our curriculum, you will see that we
      believe that the student needs to take courses in a certain order.
      We're a school. We're not just a collection of mini-workshops.]
      BW2001: NEEDLE AND THREAD $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      Tues, 11/6, 9am-noon
      Tues, 11/13, 9am-noon
      Tues, 11/20, 9am-noon
      Tues, 11/27, 9am-noon
      Sat, 12/1, 10am-1pm
      BS0001: BASICS OF BEAD STRINGING/ATTACHING CLASPS, $20.00 fee
      ($20.00 deposit reserves space)
      Mon, 11/5, 9am-noon
      Thurs, 11/15, 9am-noon
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/core/core
      .htm]

      Advanced Study Groups
      One group meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, 1:00pm-
      3:00pm
      No fees. You may join the group at anytime.
      Current Topic: To be announced
      This group is taking a holiday break and will meet again on
      Wednesday, Jan 16, 1-3:00pm TOPIC: Ndeble Stitch

      ELECTIVES
      [NOTE: Some courses have prerequisites. Please visit our web-site to
      review any prerequisites, supplies requirements, other student
      expectations such as pre-course work or homework involved. Also,
      you may want to familiarize yourself with our policies about placing
      out of prerequisites, if you have the experience already.]

      Bead Stringing
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/electives
      /beadstring/beadstring.htm]

      Bead Weaving (peyote stitch, loomwork, brick stitch, other stitches,
      plus Stitch of the Month)
      LOOM2020: INTRODUCTION TO LOOMWORK $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      Mon, 11/19, 5:30-8:30
      LOOM2022: 3-D LOOM PROJECT - TREASURE BRACELET $30.00 fee ($30.00
      deposit reserves space)
      Wed, 11/14, 10am-noon
      NET2061: NETTED CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit
      reserves space) Fee includes the cost of a Christmas ornament.
      Wed, 11/14, 5-8pm
      PEY2010: FLAT PEYOTE $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      Thurs, 11/8, 5:30-8:30pm
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/electives
      /beadweave/beadweave.htm]

      STITCH OF THE MONTH $20.00 fee ($20.00 deposit reserves space)
      You can join in this class at anytime in the 12-month cycle.
      Make-Up Sessions scheduled for: (phone to reserve some time, and
      tell us what stitch(es) you will want to cover):
      Thurs, 11/8, 5:30-7:30
      Sat, 11/17, 10am-2:30pm
      Sat, 12/8, 10am-2:30pm
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/stitch/st
      itch.htm]

      Beading/Jewelry Making As A Business
      BUS3001: PRICING AND SELLING YOUR JEWELRY $20.00 fee ($20.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      Fri, 11/9, 9am-11am
      BUS3004: MARKETING YOUR JEWELRY $20.00 fee ($20.00 deposit
      reserves space)
      Sat, 11/17, 3-5pm
      BUS3007: GETTING YOUR JEWELRY MAKING BUSINESS STARTED $20.00 fee
      ($20.00 deposit reserves space)
      Fri, 11/23, 10am-noon
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/electives
      /business/business.htm]

      Polymer Clay and Metal Clay
      CLAYPC4301: POLYMER CLAY: GETTING STARTED WITH POLYMER CLAY
      $50.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      Fri, 11/16, 3-7pm
      CLAYMT4001: METAL CLAY: GETTING STARTED $60.00 instructional fee
      plus a $20.00 lab fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space); kit of
      supplies and tools available for $70.00.
      Thurs, 11/8, 9am-2pm
      Sat, 11/17, 9am-2pm
      CLAYMT4002: METAL CLAY: SURFACE EMBELLISHMENT $70.00
      instructional fee plus $20.00 lab fee ($45.00
      reserves space); kit of supplies and tools available for $70.00.
      CLAYMT4105: METAL CLAY - HOLLOW FORMS $70.00 instructional fee
      plus $20.00 lab fee ($45.00 deposit reserves space)
      Thurs, 11/29, 9am-2pm
      We offer Level 1 and Level 2 PMC+ Certification. Please inquire
      about scheduled dates.
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/electives
      /clay/clay.htm]

      Fiber Arts
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/electives
      /fiberarts/fiberarts.htm]

      General Co-Curricular Courses
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/electives
      /general/general.htm]

      Wire Work Courses
      WIRE9001: ORIENTATION TO WIRE AND WIRE SHAPING -- FINDINGS $20.00
      fee ($20.00 deposit reserves space)
      Mon, 11/5, 6-8pm
      Sat, 11/17, 3-5pm
      WIRE9002: WIRE STRUCTURE - CUFF BRACELET FROM FORM $30.00 fee
      ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 11/24, 10am-1pm
      WIRE9003: WIRE RINGS $20.00 fee ($20.00 deposit reserves space)
      Wed, 11/7, 6-8pm
      WIRE9004: WIRE CHAIN MAKING AND VICTORIAN CHAIN NECKLACE $30.00
      fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      WIRE9111: SNAKE CHAINS - BRACELET $30.00 fee plus $10.00 supplies
      kit ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      Thurs, 11/15, 6-9pm
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/electives
      /wirework/wirework.htm]

      Lampwork Glass Making (Need to reserve a place about 6 weeks ahead
      of when you'd like to take the course)
      Classes offered by James A. Jones at Be Dazzled Beads. Call 615-
      292-0610. Introductory course is $300.00 ($125.00 deposit).

      Silversmithing (Need to reserve a place about 6 weeks ahead of when
      you'd like to take the course)
      Classes offered by James A. Jones at Be Dazzled Beads. Call 615-
      292-0610. Introductory course is $350.00 ($125.00 deposit).

      Workshops:
      [please visit our web-site for more information at
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/workshops/workshops.htm%5d

      Progressive Study Tracks leading to Certificate of Excellence:
      Progressive Course Track fields of study immerse the student in a
      series of interrelated and skill-focused courses, which take the
      student through the processes of technical proficiency, concept-
      learning, and design and application leading to a Certificate of
      Excellence.
      [for more information, go to
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/studentguide/curriculum/progress/
      progress.htm]

      For a more detailed, comprehensive CALENDAR of classes and workshops,
      please visit our Yahoo site at:
      Click on the Calendar link.
      Once, there, Click on the MONTHLY view option above the small image
      of the month on the top right of the page, for a better view of
      what's happening.
      If you have difficulty signing on to our Yahoo Beadschool Group as a
      new member, you can email us your email address, and we'll do it from
      our end. beadschool@...

      The Center for Beadwork & Jewelry Arts is committed to the teaching
      of beadwork and jewelry-making from a skills-development and -
      applications approach. The CBJA strives, in its curriculum, for a
      high degree of integrity, a comprehensive curriculum and a strong
      adherence to the developmental and ongoing needs of its students.
      The CBJA offers a wide selection of orientation, core, and elective
      courses, as well as several progressive curricular tracks leading to
      Certificates of Excellence.