Next CBJA COURSES/HAPPENINGS: Mon, 2/25/2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2013

      A Different Approach For Teaching Jewelry Design
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville
      , TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      website:
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/
      email: beadschool@...
      schedule and announcements:
      blog:
      http://blog.landofodds.com

      CBJA COURSES/HAPPENINGS: Mon, 2/25/13

      **
      Receive The Designers Gazette quarterly newsletter, and
      Announcements about Special Sales at Land of Odds - Click HERE
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/landofodds/join/

      READ THE CURRENT ISSUE OF
      THE DESIGNERS GAZETTE, Fall 2011
      http://www.warrenfeldjewelry.com/pdf/fu110111/fall2011pdf.pdf

      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS

      GOOD THRU March 31st , 2013 With This Coupon

      SPECIALS THIS MONTH AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      With This Coupon
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610

      DISCOUNT WITH THIS COUPON:

      **50% discount -- Czech Tri-Cut 12/0 Seed Beads
      **50% discount -- Czech Micro Bugle Beads
      **30% discount -- Sterling Silver Charms
      **50% discount -- Fiber Optic Beads (loose or on strands)
      **50% discount -- Miracle Beads
      **50% discount - Book Marks

      WHAT'S NEW: More colors of Matsuno peanut beads, more sizes and colors in artistic copper wire by the quarter pound

      GOOD THRU March 31st, 2013 With This Coupon
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS

      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

      ANNOUNCEMENTS

      ART IS YOU RETREAT
      Sheraton Music City in Nashville, TN
      April 4-7

      Metalsmithing classes, taught by Richard Salley and Thomas Mann, to be offered April 4-7, in Nashville as part of the Art Is You Retreat at Sheraton Music City.
      http://www.art-is-you.com/mysitecaddy/site3/artis...nashvilleworkshops.htm

      The following links will take you to specific classes being offered.

      http://www.art-is-you.com/mysitecaddy/site3/richardsalley-torchfiredenamelring.htm

      http://www.art-is-you.com/mysitecaddy/site3/richardsalley-fireandicependant.htm

      http://www.art-is-you.com/mysitecaddy/site3/richardsalley-behindcloseddoorslocket.htm

      http://www.art-is-you.com/mysitecaddy/site3/thomasmann-calderinthekitchen.htm

      PRICING AND SELLING YOUR JEWELRY

      This class is now available online at CraftArtEdu.com

      Learn how to achieve "fair pricing" for your art with businessman/ artist, Warren Feld. Understand your role in the world of jewelry commerce and how to make money by doing what you love, through fair pricing of your work. No handout is included in this class.

      Price:
      $15
      Media: Jewelry
      Level: Beginner
      Duration: 51:09

      PEARL KNOTTING - WARREN'S WAY

      http://www.craftartedu.com/warren-feld-pearl-knotting-with-warren-feld

      Everything you need to know for successfully designing with pearls, including knotting - traditional vs non traditional methods, attaching clasps, finishing, care of your pearls, repair and types of pearls, the nature of the pearl. Jewelry designer Warren Feld will lead you through this comprehensive CraftArtEdu class that is all about pearls. 6 Broadcasts.
      Price:
      $40
      Level: All Levels
      Duration: 106:17
      Includes 55-page downloadable handout

      THE JEWELRY DESIGN DISCUSSION GROUP

      Please join our new group on facebook at:

      https://www.facebook.com/groups/jewelrydesign/

      2013 WORKSHOPS
      Sherry Serafini

      REGISTRATION OPENS 11/1/12
      The workshops are limited to 16 participants each.

      Fri, 4/19/13, Caged Heart
      (waiting list only)
      $90.00 instruction fee
      Kit: $100.00
      Raku Heart Only: $38.00
      $90.00 deposit

      Sat, 4/20/13, Rockin' Wavy Cuff
      (waiting list only )
      $90.00 instruction fee
      Kit: $90.00
      Deposit: $90.00

      Sun, 4/21/13, Crystal Haze Cuff

      (4 available slots)
      $90.00 instruction fee
      Kit: $115.00
      Deposit: $90.00

      BW22, TUXEDO PARK BRACELET ($35.00 fee +Kit) (deposit $35.00 plus cost of kit ($ )
      Instructor: Warren Feld
      Sat, 6/29/13, 10am-3pm, with break for lunch
      (12 slots open)

      Strut your stuff through Tuxedo Park on the East Side of lower Manhattan!
      Learn how much shaping, interest and dimensionality you can achieve with the simple, basic Brick Stitch.

      Palettes:
      1. Black & White ($33.00 kit)
      2. Chartreuse & Cobalt ($28.00 kit)
      3. Gold & Bronze ($44.00 kit)
      4. Raspy Khaki ($44.00 kit)
      LOOK N'SEE: http://www.learntobead.net/kits/beadweave/stitch/brick/bw1.som06brick/tuxedo-about.htm

      PLEASE HELP US AND WRITE A REVIEW FOR BE DAZZLED BEADS
      Click the highlighted link, or copy and paste the code into your browser

      YELP
      http://www.yelp.com/writeareview/search?war_desc=be+dazzled+beads&war_loc=Nashville%2C+TN

      GOOGLE
      http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&gs_upl=828l3671l0l3833l16l13l0l0l0l0l860l2898l2.6.1.2.6-1l12l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1343&bih=760&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=be+dazzled+beads&fb=1&gl=us&hq=be+dazzled+beads&hnear=0x8864ec3213eb903d:0x7d3fb9d0a1e9daa0,Nashville,+TN&cid=1466979333828469746&ei=7DwYT4-6Bojqtgedzu3BCw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=placepage-link&resnum=1&ved=0CD4Q4gkwAA

      LIKE us on FACEBOOK

      PLUS us on GOOGLE +

      FIRST DIBS SALE – ongoing – New Things Added Every Few Days
      New Arrivals:
      Agate (dyed blue, purple, red, green, yellow or violet), $22.90/strand
      Agalmatolite, Carved ( Long Tube, $61.90/strand, Pillow, $61.90/strand. Cicada, $15.00 each)
      Amazonite, $21.90/strand
      Amethyst, $15.90/strand
      Ametrine, $47.90/strand
      Ammonite Fossil Snail Drops by the piece, $7.50piece
      Black White Agate With Drusy, $26.90/strand
      Buddha (Large) Brown Jade Beads, $41.99/str
      Buddha (small), 14x18mm, $34.90/strand
      Cape Amethyst, $13.90/strand
      Carnelian, $27.90/strand
      Chip Strands, $3.00/strand
      Crystal (crystal, lemon quartz, transparent blue, crystal AB, blue, silver), $16.90/strand
      Denim Lapis (25mm), $36.90/strand
      DONUTS-ROUND (gemstone), $4.75ea
      DONUTS-SQUARE (gemstone), $8.75 ea
      DRUZY QUARTZ CABOCHONS, $9.90 ea (all sizes)
      FREE FORM GEMSTONE PIECES, $4.50 ea
      Garnet, $15.90/strand
      Green Black Fluorite, $18.90/strand
      Hematite, $13.90/strand
      Lapis (20mm coin), $30.90/strand
      Lapis (fancy rice), $41.90/strand
      Matte Crystal Quartz, $25.90/strand
      Mixed Stone Rondelle, $13.90/str
      OrangeOlive Agate w/Matrix Pendant Discs, $5.50 ea
      Rainbow Picasso Jasper, $35.90/strand
      Rainbow Snake Skin Agate, $21.90/strand
      Red Tiger Eye, $8.90/strand
      Ryolite, $34.90/strand
      Sesame Leopard Skin, $11.90/str
      Smoky Quartz, $15.90/strand
      Tiger Eye ( 30x40mm flat oval, $26.90/strand; 22x30mm Pillow, $26.90/strand; 22x30mm Flat Oval, $26.90/strand; 15x25mm Trapezoid Free Form, $26.90/strand ; 14mm Faceted Coin, $26.90/strand; 4mm Round, $8.90/strand; 4x13mm Rectangle, $8.90/strand; 6x8mm Nugget, $8.90/strand)
      Tourmaline Tiger Eye, $26.90/strand
      White Coral, $15.90/strand
      Yellow Green Impression Jasper, $16.90/strand

      JEWELRY DESIGN CAMP

      Immerse yourself into a week-long study of jewelry design theories,
      and their applications and manipulations with various materials, techniques and strategies.

      Camp Director, Warren Feld
      http://www.warrenfeldjewelry.com/jewelrydesigncamp/

      There are two 1-week sessions. Participants are invited to either session, or both. The focus is on designing jewelry, primarily using bead weaving techniques, but also incorporating techniques from bead stringing and wire working, as well. For beginners, intermediate and advanced students alike. Each session provides a separate series of projects, based on technical skill levels.

      Session 1: Contemporizing Traditional Etruscan Jewelry

      (1 week)
      (5 slots open)
      Sun, 10/6/13 thru Sat, 10/12/13
      How do you keep beadwork and jewelry design essential and alive? Learning ideas and techniques towards this end is the crux of this week-long series of workshops.We will be examining traditional Etruscan jewelry, and how we can understand it from the vantage point of good jewelry design principles. We will learn and practice some basic techniques of bead stringing, bead weaving and wire working. Then we will do some thinking, planning and experimenting with these and other jewelry making techniques in order to create contemporary interpretations of two or three Etruscan pieces of jewelry to see what we can achieve.
      You will learn to look at jewelry with a different eye. Many people create jewelry all their lives, without understanding why certain pieces draw your attention, and others do not. In this class, we will begin to answer that question: Why? During the week, we will gradually develop an understanding of good jewelry design concepts. You will use these concepts to get a design-understanding of Etruscan jewelry. And you will use these concepts to begin to think about, plan and experiment with ideas for contemporizing Etruscan jewelry.

      Session 2: Fringe, Edge, Strap, Bail, Surface Embellishment in Jewelry -- Art or Not?

      (1 week)
      Sun, 10/13/13 thru Sat, 10/19/13
      (5 slots open)
      If we are to get control over what we make as artists, how do these jewelry elements come into play in an appropriate and satisfying way? Classical art theory would say that these kinds of elements in jewelry -- fringe, edge, strap, bail and surface embellishment -- should be supplemental to the core piece, such as a pendant or centerpiece. The pendant is "art", and any fringe, strap, bail, edging or extraneous surface embellishment would merely supplement this. In painting, these kinds of components would equate with the "frame"; in sculpture, these kinds of components would equate with the "pedestal base." Neither the frame nor the pedestal should be required to be present in order to appreciate the painting or sculpture as art. Nor should these detract. Or compete. Or take center stage. Or overwhelm. But what about these elements in jewelry -- fringe, edge, straps, bails and surface embellishment? If our goal is to elevate beadwork and jewelry to the realm of art, rather than craft, we need somehow to accommodate, confront or revise this central concept in art theory -- that all these elements must remain supplemental to the centerpiece.

      ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR SMALLER, TARGETED EMAIL LISTS?
      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in Wire Work Jewelry.  If you want to be added, send your email address to warren@...   Type in WIRE WORK LIST in the subject line.   NOTE: AOL.com has occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in Bead Weaving.  If you want to be added, send your email address to warren@...   Type in BEAD WEAVING LIST in the subject line.

      NOTE: AOL.com and charter.net have occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      BEADING CLOTCH
      2nd and 4th Wednesday of each Month
      We've set aside the afternoons (
      noon to 3pm or later) on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month, (and if there's a 5th Wednesday, on that day, too), for an open-ended Beading Clotch.   Anyone may come, bring whatever projects they are working on, and work on them, share them, whatever.    This is totally open-ended.   No fees.

      ALL DOLLED UP: BEADED ART DOLL COMPETITION
      THEME: Transformations
      Deadline: August 31st, 2013
      Rules: www.landofodds.com/store/alldolledup.htm
      Winnder: $1,000 shopping spree at www.landofodds.com
      Runner-Up: $400 shopping spree at
      www.landofodds.com

      10th Annual 2014 THE UGLY NECKLACE CONTEST: A JEWELRY DESIGN COMPETITION WITH A TWIST
      Special 2014 Rules: Necklace Must Be 2-Strand
      Deadline: August 31st, 2014
      Rules: www.landofodds.com/store/uglynecklace.htm

      INTERESTED IN TEACHING ONE OR MORE COURSES AT THE CBJA? We're always looking for additional teachers. Please review our Teacher Guide on-line at www.landofodds.com/beadschool/teacherguide/intro/cover.htm
      There is a section on Selection of Teachers and Courses, with information about how to propose a course(s). Then make an appointment with us (615-292-0610), and we can discuss prospects further. Looking for teachers with experience in the following areas:
      Micro-Macrame or Hemp with beads
      Fiber Arts and Beads classes

      ARRANGE A CLASS TO MEET YOUR OWN SCHEDULING NEEDS!
      All it takes is 3 people to make special arrangements for any of our classes. Just let us know your interests in specific courses, the time the three or more of you would like to meet, and we'll coordinate scheduling with the teacher.

      -------

      CURRENT SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
      PLEASE PRE-REGISTER FOR CLASSES AT LEAST 3-5 DAYS AHEAD OF TIME
      NOTE: Class fees pay for instructional costs. Students are responsible for either bringing their supplies and tools, or purchasing these at Be Dazzled Beads. In some cases, kits are made up for a class. In other cases, there may be an additional laboratory or equipment charge. When registering, a deposit is required. You may pay this with a credit card or cash. If you are registering by phone, you may pay with a credit card.   Deposits are nonrefundable. If you need to purchase your supplies and tools, please come a little earlier than the start time of the class, so you can finish purchasing what you need before the class begins.
      CBJA web-site:  www.landofodds.com/beadschool/

      ORIENTATION TO BEADS AND JEWELRY FINDINGS Course
      We require that you begin your beading and jewelry making education by taking our Orientation class.   Here we teach you how to select, buy and utilize various kinds of beads, metals, jewelry findings, clasps, stringing materials and tools. We review our class curriculum and how classes are sequenced, as well.

      This is class is free, but it is two and a half very full hours.
      Sat, 3/16/13, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 4/13/13, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 5/18/13, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 6/15/13, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 7/27/13, 9-11:30am

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/orientation/orient.htm ]

      CBJA OFFERS CLASSES IN SEVERAL "INTEREST AREAS".   EACH INTEREST AREA HAS IT'S OWN SEQUENCING OF CLASSES.   THE PHILOSOPHY OF OUR PROGRAM IS THAT YOU NEED TO LEARN SKILLS DEVELOPMENTALLY.  ONLY IN THIS WAY, CAN YOU BEGIN TO SEE AND UNDERSTAND HOW VARIOUS SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES ARE INTER-RELATED AND INTER-DEPENDENT.

      If interested in the BEAD STRINGING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation to Beads & Jewelry Findings
      2. Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      3. Pearl Knotting
      4. Wire Clinic – Making Coiled Loops
      5. Pattern Wire Bracelet and Intro to Wire Wrapping
      6. Intro to Color and Beads
      7. Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      8. Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      If interested in the BEAD WEAVING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation To Beads & Jewelry Findings
      2. Stitch of the Month (Introductory classes to 12 stitches)
      3. Beaded Bead and Other Beginner/Intermediate Level On-Going Classes and Workshops
      4. BEAD STRINGING: Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      5. BEAD STRINGING: Pearl Knotting
      6. WIRE WORK: Wire Clinic - Making Simple Loops and Coiled Loops
      7. JEWELRY DESIGN: Intro to Color and Beads
      8. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      9. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      For any one stitch, after the Stitch of the Month, or other Intro Class, and where you have a more in-depth interest in, then:
      A. Class that covers tubular and/or circular forms
      B. Class that covers increasing and decreasing
      C. Class that covers embellishment, edges, fringes and straps
      D. Class that covers splitting and/or creating negative spaces
      E. Class that covers creating oversized pieces and multiple piece compositions
      F. Class that covers free form techniques and creating your own patterns
      G. Class that covers dimensionality and sculptural projects

      Participate in BEADERS' CIRCLE and/or BEADING CLOTCH.

      If interested in the WIRE WRAPPING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Mix N Match Bracelet and Intro to Wire Wrapping
      3. BEAD STRINGING: Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      4. WIRE WORK: Wire Clinic - Making Simple Loops and Coiled Loops
      5. Wire Bracelet w/Beads
      6. Wire - cabochon - Pendant
      7. Jewelry Findings and Link Bracelet
      8. Cold Fusion Techniques
      9. JEWELRY DESIGN: Intro to Color and Beads
      10. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      11. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      Other Classes To Take:
      A. Classes that teach how to make chains and bead-chains
      B. Classes that teach other wire-wrapping techniques
      C. Classes that teach other wire-shaping techniques, such as making various jewelry findings and components

      You might be interested in other Silversmithing or Metal-Working classes that we offer.

      BEAD STRINGING

      BS0001: BASICS OF BEAD STRINGING/ATTACHING CLASPS, $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn both needle/thread and crimp/flexwire approaches to stringing beads; pros and cons of various types of clasps; use of various types of jewelry findings; insights about stringing beads from an expert)
      Sat, 3/30/13, 9am-1:30pm
      Sat, 4/13/13, Noon-4:30pm
      Sat, 6/8/13, 9am-1:30pm

      BS0003: PEARL KNOTTING $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn this simple, straightforward technique.  No special tools required)
      Sat, 3/2/13, 1-3:30pm
      Sat, 5/4/13, 1-3:30pm
      [for more information, go to www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/beadstring/beadstring.htm]

      BEAD WEAVING

      STITCH OF THE MONTH
      Learn a new bracelet stitch each month!
      Instructor: Kathleen Lynam
      Meets one Sat morning each month, usually the first Saturday.

      The Stitch of the Month curriculum is designed to teach 12 major
      bead-weaving stitches/techniques in a comparative context. This is
      perhaps one of the best ways to learn bead weaving. You get a
      clearer understanding of what each stitch is, how to manage and
      control it, and what your project and design options are, when you
      learn them comparatively, rather than in isolation from each other.

      Each class is devoted to explaining a little of the history of the
      stitch and the how-to basics of doing the stitch. Students then
      practice with variations on the stitch, such as
      increasing/decreasing, flat vs. tubular vs. circular, and the like.

      Students create a bracelet each month.

      Students may join the class at any point in the 12-month cycle. Each class is really in-and-of-itself.   You may do all of the classes, or only some of them, as you desire.  If you miss a class, it will be repeated in the next cycle.

      The Twelve Sessions    (June begins cycle; doesn't matter where you start; each class is in and of itself)
      Classes are $35.00 plus supplies ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      1. BEADWEAVING PRIMER. This session then introduces The SQUARE STITCH
      TBA
      2.NETTING
      TBA
      3.NDBELE (also known as Herringbone)
      TBA
      4.PEYOTE I: Flat Peyote
      Sat, 3/9/13, 1-3:30pm (RESCHEDULED FROM 3/2 3:30pm)
      5.LOOM
      TBA
      6.BRICK STITCH
      TBA
      7.SPIRAL ROPE
      TBA
      8.FRINGE
      TBA
      9. RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE
      TBA
      10. BEAD EMBROIDERY
      Sat, 3/9/13, 10am-12:30pm (RESCHEDULED from 3/2)
      11.
      PETERSBURG CHAIN
      Sat, 4/6/13, 10am-12:30pm
      12. BEADED BEADS

      Sat, 5/4/13, 10am-12:30pm

      MISCELANEOUS STITCHES:

      PEY2011A: PEYOTE II:  TUBULAR PEYOTE –$35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)   Requires Peyote I, or Stitch of the Month – Peyote, or equivalent experience as prerequisite
      Sat, 4/6/13, 3:30-6pm
      BC0101:  INTRO
      DUCTION TO BEAD CROCHET:  $45.00 instructional fee ($45.00 deposit reserves space)  (3 hour class plus 1 additional hour to be scheduled by teacher and students)
      Sat, 2/2/13, 1-3:30pm
      BC0122: PERLEN CROCHET
      Cecilia Wells will be teaching a beginners class on Perlen Crochet (aka Turkish Crochet). This is a different bead crochet stitch than is traditionally taught. In this class you will learn the Perlen Crochet technique, and make a bracelet.
      Instructional fee: $35.00 plus supplies

      TBA
      BW2490: MONET'S GARDEN BRACELET   $40.00 fee plus kit of beads  ($40.00+kit price deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 4/6/13, 1-3:30pm
      BW4: DAFFODIL EMBROIDERED CUFF    $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 5/4/13, 3:30-6pm
      BW8, BEADED CABOCHONS– PEYOTE STITCH WITH OPEN BACK METHOD   $35.00 fee  ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW9, ETRUSCAN SQUARE STITCH BRACELET     $35.00 fee   ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW10, CRYSTAL NETTED TUBE BRACELET   $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      Look `N See:
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/BW10.jpg
      BRICK2046, USING BRICK STITCH TO MAKE SHAPES
      $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW11, MALTESE CROSS REVERSIBLE NECKLACE    $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW12, CUBIC ZIG ZAG RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE NECKLACE   $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW13, LAYERED RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE BRACELET    $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 1/26/13, 1-3:30pm (rescheduled from 1/12)
      BW14, SEASHELL NECKLACE   $35.00 fee + $5.00 supplies   ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      LOOK N' SEE:  http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/seanymphnecklace.jpg

      BW20, BLAZING BARNACLES NECKLACE< $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA

      BW21, ETRUSCAN COLLAR ($35.00 fee + Kit -- prices vary by palette) (deposit = $35.00 plus cost of kit ($160.00) + any upgrade options)
      Instructor: Warren Feld
      TBA

      Palettes:
      1. Specturm Gold
      2. Brilliant Gold
      3. Teal Terra/Antique Rose
      4. Antique Amethyst/Sage Green
      5. Antique Rose/Terra Cotta

      LOOK N'SEE: http://www.warrenfeldjewelry.com/ecollar.htm

      Kit at $160.00 includes gold plated clasp, chain and findings.

      BW22, TUXEDO PARK BRACELET ($35.00 fee +Kit) (deposit $35.00 plus cost of kit ($ )
      Instructor: Warren Feld
      Sat, 6/29/13, 10am-3pm, with break for lunch
      Palettes:
      Palettes:
      1. Black & White ($33.00 kit)
      2. Chartreuse & Cobalt ($28.00 kit)
      3. Gold & Bronze ($44.00 kit)
      4. Raspy Khaki ($44.00 kit)

      LOOK N'SEE: http://www.learntobead.net/kits/beadweave/stitch/brick/bw1.som06brick/tuxedo-about.htm

      BEAD WEAVING OPEN WORK SESSIONS  (no fees)
      Here's your opportunity to bring in any unfinished bead weaving projects and get some instructions.
      TBA

      BEADERS' CIRCLE
      This unstructured group meets one Saturday afternoon each month, usually the 2nd or 3rd Saturday.   The group works one on particular project out of a recent Bead & Button or Beadwork magazine.  No fees.   If you don't have the magazine copies, you can download a set of instructions for each project at the magazine's website.

      The next BEADERS' CIRCLE is scheduled for Sat, 3/16/13, 1-5pm.
      Dagmar: The March meeting is on the 16th (Heidi's birthday). For that month's project I suggest the spiral necklace "Tila-Spirale in Tuerkis" from Claudia Schumann's book "Spiralketten". Several of you have seen this necklace which I made with 3 mm dark sapphire AB fp, size 10 delicas in blue, tilas in dark blue-grey, 11s in sapphire, and 15s in light blue. I purchased all the needed items at BeDazzled. You can choose similar (like my necklace) or contrasting colours (as in the picture).
      As always, nobody is required to bead the suggested project.

      Next scheduled dates for Beaders Circle:
      Sat, 4/27/13, 1-5pm
      Sat, 5/18/13, 1-5pm

      Sat, 6/15/13, 1-5pm
      Sat, 7/27/13, 1-5pm

      BEAD STUDY

      We've taken the discussions online.

      THE JEWELRY DESIGN DISCUSSION GROUP

      Please join our new group on facebook at:

      https://www.facebook.com/groups/jewelrydesign/

      Class Discussion Notes posted on the blog:
      http://blog.landofodds.com/class-notes/bead-study/

      BEADING/JEWELRY MAKING AS A BUSINESS

      BUS3001: PRICING AND SELLING YOUR JEWELRY
      http://www.craftartedu.com/jewelry/warren-feld-pricing-and-selling-your-jewelry
      (Learn to apply a formula for determining a fair retail price and a fair wholesale price; learn basics of marketing process)
      This class is now only available online at CraftArtEdu.com
      $15.00 video tutorial (51 minutes)

      BUS3007: GETTING YOUR JEWELRY MAKING BUSINESS STARTED $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn about local, state and federal requirements/forms; simple bookkeeping set up to track costs and revenues; defining business model)

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)