NEXT CBJA COURSES/HAPPENINGS: Mon, 11/7

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2011
      Next CBJA COURSES/HAPPENINGS

      CENTER FOR BEADWORK & JEWELRY ARTS
      A Different Approach For Teaching Jewelry Design
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville
      , TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      website:
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/
      email: beadschool@...
      schedule and announcements:
      blog:
      http://blog.landofodds.com

      CBJA COURSES/HAPPENINGS: Mon, 11/7/11 thru Sun, 12/11/11

      **
      Receive The Designers Gazette quarterly newsletter, and
      Announcements about Special Sales at Land of Odds - Click HERE
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/landofodds/join/

      READ THE CURRENT ISSUE OF
      THE DESIGNERS GAZETTE, Fall 2011
      http://www.warrenfeldjewelry.com/pdf/fu110111/fall2011pdf.pdf

      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS

      GOOD THRU November 30th, 2011 With This Coupon

      SPECIALS THIS MONTH AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      With This Coupon
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610

      DISCOUNT WITH THIS COUPON:

      **50% discount - BOHEMIA Czech Glass Pearls on strands -- many shapes, colors, sizes
      **50% discount - India Lampwork Glass Beads and Glass Donuts
      **25% discount - Vermeil and sterling silver bali bead caps

      WHAT'S NEW: more styles of plated chain in several metal finishes; crystal rhinestone buttons; rhinestone encrusted filigree balls; Miyuki duracoat galvanized seed beads size 11/0, and some in size 8/0 and 6/0; bead towers; new TOHO size 8/0 colors; new colors Irish Waxed Linen

      GOOD THRU November 30th, 2011 With This Coupon
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS

      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

      ANNOUNCEMENTS

      GO VOTE: Beaded Tapestry Competition!

      Semi-Finalists Chosen!
      Beaded Tapestry Competition

      GO VOTE OnLine: Voting ends 1/14/2012
      http://www.landofodds.com/store/tapestry1contest.htm

      Visit the web-pages of each of our 4 Beaded Tapestry Competition Semi-Finalists.

      International 2011
      THE ILLUSTRATIVE BEADER:
      BEADED TAPESTRY COMPETITION
      Theme: Mystery Genre Book Covers

      #1. KAY FIELDEN
      Auckland, New Zealand
      “The Lovely Bones” by Alice Sebold
      #2. JUNE JACKSON and JAMIE BRUNS
      Bryan, Texas
      “Lizzie Borden” by Elizabeth Engstrom
      #3. DOT LEWALLEN
      Westerville, Ohio
      “Black Notice” by Patricia Cornwell
      #4. PATTY ROCKHILL
      O’Brien, Florida
      “When Night Falls”
      by Jenna Ryan

      Evaluate their images, their write-ups, and their materials and techniques.
      Then use the on-line form you will find at the bottom of each of their web-pages
      to Score them in terms of
      Visual Appeal,
      Artist Insight,
      Artist Technique, and
      Use of Beads in the Design.

      The judges were blown away by the quality of all 4 semifinalists. It was truly amazing how well each artist captured the essence of their book. Each artist brought these books to life within their book cover design. Yet each artist’s approach was different. These artists should commend themselves on the amount of thought, insight, and coordination of ideas and techniques which went into producing their Beaded Tapestry pieces. Bravo!

      Here we use the concept of “Tapestry” in its broadest sense as a stitched, sewn and/or woven wall hanging. Your tapestry may be woven, loomed, stitched, quilted, cross-stitched, crocheted, knitted, sewn, braided, knotted, embroidered, macrame’d, beaded and the like. Your tapestry will combine fibers/threads/and/or cloth and beads in some way, and the surface area must consist of at least 70% beads. Beads may be used in many ways, such as forming the background canvas of your piece, and/or embellishing your canvas, and/or as fringe, and/or as stitchery covering parts of your piece. Your piece should be mounted or framed in some way, ready for hanging on a wall. Your tapestry may utilize many different techniques.

      GO VOTE OnLine: Voting ends 1/14/2012
      http://www.landofodds.com/store/tapestry1contest.htm

      SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY -- Shop With Us/Use Your AmEx Card
      American Express, Google, FaceBook and Fed-Ex are sponsoring Small Business Saturday, November 26, 2011.
      Shoppers will be eligible for special offers and have opportunities to show their support for local businesses in their area, like Be Dazzled Beads. American Express Cardmembers who register or link an eligible Card can receive a one-time $25 statement credit when they spend $25 or more at a small business on November 26. Cardmembers should check back in November for details. Go to facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/SmallBusinessSaturday?sk=app_237311219638981
      http://www.smallbusinesssaturday.com/

      Perlen Crochet Class added to schedule:
      Instructor: Cecilia Wells
      Sat, 11/19, 9am-Noon
      $35.00 plus supplies

      FIRST DIBS SALE – ongoing – New Things Added Every Few Days
      New Arrivals:
      Ammonite Fossil Snail Drops By The Piece, $7.50/piece
      Astrophilite, $24.90/strand
      Bamboo Coral Pink, $16.90/strand
      Biwa (Branch) Pearls, $19.90/strand
      Black Agate, Asteroid-Faceted, $14.90/str
      Black Antique Fire Agate, $10.90/str
      Black Cloudy Amazonite, $17.90/str
      Black Onyx, $17.90/strand
      Black Turitella, $22.90/str
      Black Water Jasper, $9.90/strand
      Blue Chalcedony, $23.90/strand
      Blue Fire Agate, $14.90/strand
      Chalcopyrite, $25.90/str
      Chip Strands, $3.00/strand
      DONUTS--ROUND (gemstone), $3.75ea
      DONUTSâ€"SQUARE (gemstone), $7.75ea
      DRUZY QUARTZ CABOCHONS, $9.90 ea (all sizes)
      Dumorterite Pastel, $26.90/str
      FACETED SLABS (dyed), $4.50ea
      Flower New Jade, $48.00/strand
      FREE FORM GEMSTONE PIECES, $4.50ea
      Green Brown Fire Agate, $12.90/strand
      Green Caramel Agate, $12.90/strand
      Green Chalcopyrite, $13.90/strand
      Impression Jasper, $13.90/strand
      Labradorite, asteroid-faceted, $15.90/str
      Orange/Olive Agate w/Matrix Pendant Discs, $5.50 each
      Pastel Green and Black Banded Agate, $15.90/strand
      Ruby Impression Jasper, $28.90/strand
      Ruby Jade, $17.90/strand
      Thunder Polish Crystal (lots of colors, shapes, sizes), $4.90/str
      White Lined Black Agate, $12.90/str
      Yellow Green Blood Stone, $12.90/strand

      JEWELRY DESIGN CAMP

      Camp Director, Warren Feld
      http://www.warrenfeldjewelry.com/jewelrydesigncamp/

      October 2013 (Specific dates to be announced)

      There are two 1-week sessions. Participants are invited to either session, or both. The focus is on designing jewelry, primarily using bead weaving techniques, but also incorporating techniques from bead stringing and wire working, as well. For beginners, intermediate and advanced students alike. Each session provides a separate series of projects, based on technical skill levels.

      Session 1: Contemporizing Traditional Etruscan Jewelry
      (1 week)
      How do you keep beadwork and jewelry design essential and alive? Learning ideas and techniques towards this end is the crux of this week-long series of workshops.We will be examining traditional Etruscan jewelry, and how we can understand it from the vantage point of good jewelry design principles. We will learn and practice some basic techniques of bead stringing, bead weaving and wire working. Then we will do some thinking, planning and experimenting with these and other jewelry making techniques in order to create contemporary interpretations of two or three Etruscan pieces of jewelry to see what we can achieve.
      You will learn to look at jewelry with a different eye. Many people create jewelry all their lives, without understanding why certain pieces draw your attention, and others do not. In this class, we will begin to answer that question: Why? During the week, we will gradually develop an understanding of good jewelry design concepts. You will use these concepts to get a design-understanding of Etruscan jewelry. And you will use these concepts to begin to think about, plan and experiment with ideas for contemporizing Etruscan jewelry.

      Session 2: Fringe, Edge, Strap, Bail, Surface Embellishment in Jewelry -- Art or Not?
      (1 week)
      If we are to get control over what we make as artists, how do these jewelry elements come into play in an appropriate and satisfying way? Classical art theory would say that these kinds of elements in jewelry -- fringe, edge, strap, bail and surface embellishment -- should be supplemental to the core piece, such as a pendant or centerpiece. The pendant is "art", and any fringe, strap, bail, edging or extraneous surface embellishment would merely supplement this. In painting, these kinds of components would equate with the "frame"; in sculpture, these kinds of components would equate with the "pedestal base." Neither the frame nor the pedestal should be required to be present in order to appreciate the painting or sculpture as art. Nor should these detract. Or compete. Or take center stage. Or overwhelm. But what about these elements in jewelry -- fringe, edge, straps, bails and surface embellishment? If our goal is to elevate beadwork and jewelry to the realm of art, rather than craft, we need somehow to accommodate, confront or revise this central concept in art theory -- that all these elements must remain supplemental to the centerpiece.

      2012 WORKSHOPS
      Sherry Serafini - dates to be announced

      ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR SMALLER, TARGETED EMAIL LISTS?
      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in Wire Work Jewelry.  If you want to be added, send your email address to warren@...   Type in WIRE WORK LIST in the subject line.   NOTE: AOL.com has occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in Bead Weaving.  If you want to be added, send your email address to warren@...   Type in BEAD WEAVING LIST in the subject line.

      NOTE: AOL.com and charter.net have occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      BEADING CLOTCH
      2nd and 4th Wednesday of each Month
      We've set aside the afternoons (
      noon to 3pm or later) on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month, (and if there's a 5th Wednesday, on that day, too), for an open-ended Beading Clotch.   Anyone may come, bring whatever projects they are working on, and work on them, share them, whatever.    This is totally open-ended.   No fees.

      THE ILLUSTRATIVE BEADER: BEADED TAPESTRY COMPETITION
      THEME:  MYSTERY GENRE BOOK COVERS
      ONLINE VOTING BEGINS 11/7/11
      Deadline:
      TBA
      Rules:
      www.landofodds.com/store/tapestry.htm
      Winnder: $1,000 shopping spree at
      www.landofodds.com
      Runner-Up: $400 shopping spree at
      www.landofodds.com

      THE UGLY NECKLACE CONTEST:
      Read the rules for The Ugly Necklace 2012 contest at:
      www.landofodds.com/store/uglynecklace.htm
      Top Prize:  $992.93 shopping spree on the Land of Odds website.
      Deadline: 3/15/2012

      ALL DOLLED UP: BEADED ART DOLL COMPETITION
      THEME: Transformations
      Deadline: August 31st, 2013
      Rules: www.landofodds.com/store/alldolledup.htm
      Winnder: $1,000 shopping spree at www.landofodds.com
      Runner-Up: $400 shopping spree at
      www.landofodds.com

      INTERESTED IN TEACHING ONE OR MORE COURSES AT THE CBJA? We're always looking for additional teachers. Please review our Teacher Guide on-line at www.landofodds.com/beadschool/teacherguide/intro/cover.htm
      There is a section on Selection of Teachers and Courses, with information about how to propose a course(s). Then make an appointment with us (615-292-0610), and we can discuss prospects further. Looking for teachers with experience in the following areas:
      Micro-Macrame or Hemp with beads
      Fiber Arts and Beads classes

      ARRANGE A CLASS TO MEET YOUR OWN SCHEDULING NEEDS!
      All it takes is 3 people to make special arrangements for any of our classes. Just let us know your interests in specific courses, the time the three or more of you would like to meet, and we'll coordinate scheduling with the teacher.

      -------

      CURRENT SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
      PLEASE PRE-REGISTER FOR CLASSES AT LEAST 3-5 DAYS AHEAD OF TIME
      NOTE: Class fees pay for instructional costs. Students are responsible for either bringing their supplies and tools, or purchasing these at Be Dazzled Beads. In some cases, kits are made up for a class. In other cases, there may be an additional laboratory or equipment charge. When registering, a deposit is required. You may pay this with a credit card or cash. If you are registering by phone, you may pay with a credit card.   Deposits are nonrefundable. If you need to purchase your supplies and tools, please come a little earlier than the start time of the class, so you can finish purchasing what you need before the class begins.
      CBJA web-site:  www.landofodds.com/beadschool/

      ORIENTATION TO BEADS AND JEWELRY FINDINGS Course
      We require that you begin your beading and jewelry making education by taking our Orientation class.   Here we teach you how to select, buy and utilize various kinds of beads, metals, jewelry findings, clasps, stringing materials and tools. We review our class curriculum and how classes are sequenced, as well.

      This is class is free, but it is two and a half very full hours.
      Sat, 11/19, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 12/17, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 1/28/12, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 2/11, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 3/10, 9-11:30am

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/orientation/orient.htm ]

      CBJA OFFERS CLASSES IN SEVERAL "INTEREST AREAS".   EACH INTEREST AREA HAS IT'S OWN SEQUENCING OF CLASSES.   THE PHILOSOPHY OF OUR PROGRAM IS THAT YOU NEED TO LEARN SKILLS DEVELOPMENTALLY.  ONLY IN THIS WAY, CAN YOU BEGIN TO SEE AND UNDERSTAND HOW VARIOUS SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES ARE INTER-RELATED AND INTER-DEPENDENT.

      If interested in the BEAD STRINGING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation to Beads & Jewelry Findings
      2. Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      3. Pearl Knotting
      4. Wire Clinic – Making Coiled Loops
      5. Pattern Wire Bracelet and Intro to Wire Wrapping
      6. Intro to Color and Beads
      7. Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      8. Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      If interested in the BEAD WEAVING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation To Beads & Jewelry Findings
      2. Stitch of the Month (Introductory classes to 12 stitches)
      3. Beaded Bead and Other Beginner/Intermediate Level On-Going Classes and Workshops
      4. BEAD STRINGING: Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      5. BEAD STRINGING: Pearl Knotting
      6. WIRE WORK: Wire Clinic - Making Simple Loops and Coiled Loops
      7. JEWELRY DESIGN: Intro to Color and Beads
      8. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      9. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      For any one stitch, after the Stitch of the Month, or other Intro Class, and where you have a more in-depth interest in, then:
      A. Class that covers tubular and/or circular forms
      B. Class that covers increasing and decreasing
      C. Class that covers embellishment, edges, fringes and straps
      D. Class that covers splitting and/or creating negative spaces
      E. Class that covers creating oversized pieces and multiple piece compositions
      F. Class that covers free form techniques and creating your own patterns
      G. Class that covers dimensionality and sculptural projects

      Participate in BEADERS' CIRCLE and/or BEADING CLOTCH.

      If interested in the WIRE WRAPPING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Mix N Match Bracelet and Intro to Wire Wrapping
      3. BEAD STRINGING: Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      4. WIRE WORK: Wire Clinic - Making Simple Loops and Coiled Loops
      5. Wire Bracelet w/Beads
      6. Wire - cabochon - Pendant
      7. Jewelry Findings and Link Bracelet
      8. Cold Fusion Techniques
      9. JEWELRY DESIGN: Intro to Color and Beads
      10. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      11. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      Other Classes To Take:
      A. Classes that teach how to make chains and bead-chains
      B. Classes that teach other wire-wrapping techniques
      C. Classes that teach other wire-shaping techniques, such as making various jewelry findings and components

      You might be interested in other Silversmithing or Metal-Working classes that we offer.

      BEAD STRINGING

      BS0001: BASICS OF BEAD STRINGING/ATTACHING CLASPS, $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn both needle/thread and crimp/flexwire approaches to stringing beads; pros and cons of various types of clasps; use of various types of jewelry findings; insights about stringing beads from an expert)
      Fri, 11/18, 10am-3:00pm (w/lunch break)
      Sat, 12/10, 9am-1pm
      Sat, 1/28/12, Noon-4pm
      Sat, 2/18, 9am-1pm
      Sat, 3/10, Noon-4pm

      BS0003: PEARL KNOTTING $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn this simple, straightforward technique.  No special tools required)
      TBA
      [for more information, go to www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/beadstring/beadstring.htm]

      BEAD WEAVING

      STITCH OF THE MONTH
      Learn a new bracelet stitch each month!
      Instructor: Kathleen Lynam
      Meets one Sat morning each month, usually the first Saturday.

      The Stitch of the Month curriculum is designed to teach 12 major
      bead-weaving stitches/techniques in a comparative context. This is
      perhaps one of the best ways to learn bead weaving. You get a
      clearer understanding of what each stitch is, how to manage and
      control it, and what your project and design options are, when you
      learn them comparatively, rather than in isolation from each other.

      Each class is devoted to explaining a little of the history of the
      stitch and the how-to basics of doing the stitch. Students then
      practice with variations on the stitch, such as
      increasing/decreasing, flat vs. tubular vs. circular, and the like.

      Students create a bracelet each month.

      Students may join the class at any point in the 12-month cycle. Each class is really in-and-of-itself.   You may do all of the classes, or only some of them, as you desire.  If you miss a class, it will be repeated in the next cycle.

      The Twelve Sessions    (June begins cycle; doesn't matter where you start; each class is in and of itself)
      Classes are $35.00 plus supplies ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      1. BEADWEAVING PRIMER. This session then introduces The SQUARE STITCH
      Sat, 12/3, 1-3:30pm
      2.NETTING
      Sat, 2/4/12, 3:30-6pm
      3.NDBELE (also known as Herringbone)
      TBA
      4.PEYOTE I: Flat Peyote
      Sat, 4/14/12, 3:30-6pm
      5.LOOM
      Sat, 3/3/12, 3:30-6pm
      6.BRICK STITCH
      Sat, 5/5/12, 3:30-6pm
      7.SPIRAL ROPE
      Sat, 12/3, 10am-12:30pm
      8.FRINGE
      Sat, 1/7/12, 10am-12:30pm

      9. RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE
      Sat, 2/4/12, 10am-12:30pm
      10. BEAD EMBROIDERY
      Sat, 3/3/12, 10am-12:30pm
      11.
      PETERSBURG CHAIN
      Sat, 4/14/12, 10am-12:30pm
      12. BEADED BEADS

      Sat/ 5/5/12, 10am-12:30pm

      MISCELANEOUS STITCHES:

      PEY2011A: PEYOTE II:  TUBULAR PEYOTE –$35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)   Requires Peyote I, or Stitch of the Month – Peyote, or equivalent experience as prerequisite
      TBA
      BC0101:  INTRO
      DUCTION TO BEAD CROCHET:  $45.00 instructional fee ($45.00 deposit reserves space)  (3 hour class plus 1 additional hour to be scheduled by teacher and students)
      Sat, 1/7/12, 1-3:30pm
      BC0122: PERLEN CROCHET
      Cecilia Wells will be teaching a beginners class on Perlen Crochet (aka Turkish Crochet). This is a different bead crochet stitch than is traditionally taught. In this class you will learn the Perlen Crochet technique, and make a bracelet.
      Instructional fee: $35.00 plus supplies

      Sat, 11/19, 9am-Noon

      BW2490: MONET'S GARDEN BRACELET   $40.00 fee plus $10.00 kit of beads  ($50.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW4: DAFFODIL EMBROIDERED CUFF    $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 4/14/12, 1-3:30pm
      BW8, BEADED CABOCHONS– PEYOTE STITCH WITH OPEN BACK METHOD   $40.00 fee  ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 2/4/12, 1-3:30pm
      BW9, ETRUSCAN SQUARE STITCH BRACELET     $35.00 fee   ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW10, CRYSTAL NETTED TUBE BRACELET   $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      Look `N See:
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/BW10.jpg
      BRICK2046, USING BRICK STITCH TO MAKE SHAPES
      $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW11, MALTESE CROSS REVERSIBLE NECKLACE    $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW12, CUBIC ZIG ZAG RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE NECKLACE   $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW13, LAYERED RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE BRACELET    $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 3/3/12, 1-3:30pm
      BW14, SEASHELL NECKLACE   $35.00 fee + $5.00 supplies   ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      LOOK N' SEE:  http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/seanymphnecklace.jpg
      BW17, MONTE CARLO RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE BRACELET    $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA
      BW19, PETERSBURG CHAIN FLOWER AND LEAF PENDANT $40.00 fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 5/5/12, 1-3:30pm

      BEAD WEAVING OPEN WORK SESSIONS  (no fees)
      Here's your opportunity to bring in any unfinished bead weaving projects and get some instructions.
      TBA

      BEADERS' CIRCLE
      This unstructured group meets one Saturday afternoon each month, usually the 2nd or 3rd Saturday.   The group works one on particular project out of a recent Bead & Button or Beadwork magazine.  No fees.   If you don't have the magazine copies, you can download a set of instructions for each project at the magazine's website.

      The next BEADERS' CIRCLE is scheduled for Sat, 11/19/11, 1-5pm.
      PROJECT: Pendant part of "Warrior Rings Necklace" by Lynn Davy, Super Beadwork, Oct/Nov 2011, p. 43-49

      Next scheduled dates for Beaders Circle:
      Sat, 12/17, 1-5pm

      BEAD STUDY

      Next meetings:
      Wed, 11/16, 1-3pm
      Wed, 12/7 and 12/14, 1-3pm

      TOPIC: TBA

      Class Discussion Notes posted on the blog:
      http://blog.landofodds.com/class-notes/bead-study/

      BEADING/JEWELRY MAKING AS A BUSINESS

      BUS3001: PRICING AND SELLING YOUR JEWELRY $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn to apply a formula for determining a fair retail price and a fair wholesale price; learn basics of marketing process)
      Sat, 3/17/12, 11am-1pm
      BUS3007: GETTING YOUR JEWELRY MAKING BUSINESS STARTED $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn about local, state and federal requirements/forms; simple bookkeeping set up to track costs and revenues; defining business model)
      Sat, 3/17/12, 9-11am
      BUS3009:  SO YOU WANT TO DO CRAFT SHOWS…   $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn how to find craft shows, apply for booth, set up booth, market, inventory and the like)
      TBA
      BUS3010:  INTERNET MARKETING FOR VERY SMALL BUSINESSES…THAT WORKS!    $30.00 fee  ($30.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn about affordable strategies very small businesses can do to market their websites)
      Sat, 3/17, 1:30-3:30pm
      [for more information, go to www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/business/business.htm]

      GENERAL JEWELRY DESIGN CO-CURRICULAR COURSES

      GEN6001: INTRODUCTION TO COLOR WITH BEADS $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn how the bead asserts its need for color.)
      Prerequisites: Orientation to Beads & Jewelry Findings; Attaching Clasps
      Sat, 1/21/12
      , 9am-Noon
      GEN6006: JEWELRY DESIGN I: COMPOSITION AND BASIC DESIGN PRINCIPLES $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn 10 principles of jewelry design, and critique /various finished necklaces, in terms of these principles)
      Prerequisites: Orientation to Beads & Jewelry Findings; Attaching Clasps; Intro to Color and Beads

      Sat, 1/21/12, 1-4pm

      WIRE WORKING AND WIRE WRAPPING COURSES
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/wirework/wirework.htm

      Beginner:
      WIRE CLINIC:  Making Loops and Coiled Loops on Head and Eye Pins
      $15.00 fee (tools and wire provided)    ($15.00 deposit reserves space)

      Thurs, 11/10, 5:30-6pm
      Thurs, 12/8, 5:30-6pm
      Thurs, 1/12/12, 5:30-6pm
      Thurs, 2/9/12, 5:30-6pm
      Thurs, 3/15/12, 5:30-6pm
      Thurs, 4/19/12, 5:30-6pm

      WIRE CLINIC:  Making Simple Pendant Bail
      $15.00 fee (tools and wire provided)    ($15.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA

      CORE COURSES
      WIRECORE1: MIX & MATCH MULTI-
      WIRE TECHNIQUES BRACELET
      Learn about wires, tools, and several simple wire-wrapping techniques
      $35.00 instructional fee
      PLUS $25.00 kit fee ($60.00 deposit)  (6 student limit)
      Look `N See: http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wirecore1.jpg

      Sat, 11/12, 9am-Noon
      Sat, 2/25/12, 9am-Noon
      Sat, 3/31/12, 9am-Noon

      WIRECORE2: WIRE WRAP BRACELET WITH BEADS
      Learn to create structurally-functional bracelet with wires and beads
      $35.00 instructional fee
      PLUS $45.00 sterling silver kit fee or $25.00 copper kit fee ($80.00 deposit w/sterling kit or $60.00 deposit w/copper kit) (6 student limit)
      Look `N See: http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wirecore2.jpg
      Sat, 11/12, 12:30-3:30pm
      Sat, 3/31/12, 3:30-6pm

      WIRECORE3: