1182NEXT BE DAZZLED BEADS COURSES/HAPPENINGS: Mon, 6/2/2014

    Jun 2, 2014

      BE DAZZLED BEADS and
      CENTER FOR BEADWORK & JEWELRY ARTS

      A Different Approach For Teaching Jewelry Design
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      website:
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/
      email: beadschool@...
      schedule and announcements:
      blog:
      http://blog.landofodds.com

      BE DAZZLED BEADS AND CBJA COURSES/HAPPENINGS: Mon, 6/2/14

      THE JEWELRY DESIGN DISCUSSION GROUP
      Please join our group on facebook at:
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/jewelrydesign/

      ()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

      CHECK Land of Odds website (
      www.landofodds.com) for online specials.
      If you live in Nashville, you can check out OnLine and select "WILL PICK UP AT BE DAZZLED".

      Current online specials:

      - Czech Tile Beads, (ends 6/3)
      - Chinese Lampwork Beads, (ends 6/10)
      - Ceramic 20mm Picture Disks, (ends 6/24)
      - Nymo Thread, Size B, bobbins, (ends 7/1)
      - C-Lon Thread, Size AA, bobbins, (ends 7/1)
      - Cinnabar Beads and Pendants, (ends 7/8)

      WHAT'S NEW:

      ANNOUNCEMENTS

      THE JEWELRY DESIGN DISCUSSION GROUP

      Please join our new group on facebook at:

      https://www.facebook.com/groups/jewelrydesign/

      BEAD WEAVING BASICS

      This is the new first class for our Bead Weaving Curriculum.
      First class date: Sat, June 7th, 10am-2:30pm with break for lunch.

      Learn Square Stitch, Peyote Stitch and Right Angle Weave.

      (1) SURVEY OF TYPES OF SEED BEADS, WHAT WORKS WHEN, QUALITY ISSUES
      - HOW TO THREAD A NEEDLE
      - HOW TO WAX YOUR THREAD
      - HOW TO ADD A STOP BEADS
      - HOW TO PICK UP BEADS WITH YOUR NEEDLE
      - HOW TO HOLD YOUR PIECE WHILE WORKING IT
      (2) STRINGING MATERIALS AND MANAGING THREAD TENSION
      - COLOR EFFECTS OF THREAD
      - FINISHING OFF AND ADDING THREAD
      (3) BASICS ABOUT WAXES
      (4) BASICS ABOUT NEEDLES
      (5) ANTICIPATING ISSUES OF MOVEMENT, DRAPE, FLOW and DURABILITY
      (6) THE STITCHES: Peyote, Square, Right Angle Weave
      - OTHER IMPORTANT STITCHES AND STITCH VARIATIONS TO LEARN
      (7) ATTACHING CLASPS

      We practice 3 popular bead weaving techniques - Square, Flat Even-Count Peyote, and Right Angle Weave.
      We go over instructions for making bracelets using these three stitches. Students will begin one of the three projects during class.

      THREE NEW WIRE CLASSES ADDED TO THE CURRICULUM

      WIRE 15: SPARKLE AND SHINE NECKLACE

      $35.00 instructional fee PLUS $75.00 kit fee ($110.00 deposit) (6 student limit)
      Look 'N See:
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire15.jpg
      Sat, 6/28, 12:30-3:30pm
      Sat, 11/15, 3:30-6:00pm

      WIRE 16: SWIRLED PENDANT WITH EARRINGS

      $35.00 instructional fee PLUS $35.00 kit fee ($70.00 deposit) (6 student limit)
      Look 'N See:
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire16.jpg
      Sat, 10/18, 12;30-3:30pm

      WIRE 17: CONTEMPORARY PENDANT

      $35.00 instructional fee PLUS $30.00 kit fee ($65.00 deposit) (6 student limit)
      Look 'N See:
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire17.jpg
      Sat, 8/30, 12:30-3:30pm
      Sat, 11/15, 12:30-3:30pm