1169NEXT BE DAZZLED BEADS AND CBJA COURSES/HAPPENINGS: Mon, 3/31/2014

    Mar 31, 2014

      BE DAZZLED BEADS and
      CENTER FOR BEADWORK & JEWELRY ARTS
      A Different Approach For Teaching Jewelry Design
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      website: www.landofodds.com/beadschool/
      email: beadschool@...
      schedule and announcements:
      blog: http://blog.landofodds.com

      BE DAZZLED BEADS AND CBJA COURSES/HAPPENINGS: Mon, 3/31/14

      THE JEWELRY DESIGN DISCUSSION GROUP
      Please join our group on facebook at:
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/jewelrydesign/

      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS

      CHECK Land of Odds website (www.landofodds.com) for online specials.
      If you live in Nashville, you can check out OnLine and select "WILL PICK UP AT BE DAZZLED".

      Current online specials:

      - Bolo Tips, Slides, Cords, Parts, (ends 4/1)
      - Conso Thread on Bobbins and Conso Cord on Spools, (ends 4/8)
      - C-Lon Beading Thread, Size AA, (ends 4/8)
      - Tejas Suede Lace, (ends 4/8)
      - Artificial Sinew, (ends 4/8)
      - Real Suede Lace, (ends 4/15)
      - Wood Beads Shapes: Cubes, Tubes, Ovals, (ends 4/15)
      - Greek Matte Ceramic Large Hole Beads, (ends 4/22)
      - Sterling Silver Double Beads, (ends 4/29)
      - Sterling Silver Twister Beads, (ends 4/29)
      - Sterling Silver Cord and Chain Ends, (ends 4/29)
      - Earring Clip Findings, (ends 4/29)
      - Sterling Silver Tubes with Loops, (ends 4/29)

      GOOD THRU March 31st, 2014 With This Coupon

      In-Store SPECIALS THIS MONTH AT BE DAZZLED BEADS
      With This Coupon
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville, TN 37204
      615-292-0610

      DISCOUNT WITH THIS COUPON:

      **50% discount -- Greek Matte Ceramic Beads
      **50% discount -- Roller Beads and Crow Beads (larger hole Czech Glass beads)
      **50% discount -- Czech Bugle Beads - size 1, size 3, size 5, 20mm and 30mm

      WHAT'S NEW: WHAT'S NEW: 5mm round Swarovski pearls in white and cream colors; Rizzo and Rulla beads coming; new smaller rose petal size - 8x7mm; More colors of Czechmates 2-hole beads -- Tiles, Bricks, Lentils and Daggers; coming: more colors of Swarovski glass pearls

      GOOD THRU March 31st, 2014 With This Coupon
      CLIP THIS COUPON FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AT BE DAZZLED BEADS

      ()-()-(cut here)-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

      ANNOUNCEMENTS

      THE JEWELRY DESIGN DISCUSSION GROUP

      Please join our new group on facebook at:

      https://www.facebook.com/groups/jewelrydesign/

      BezelWorks Pendant
      http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/workshops/warrenfeld.htm
      Intermediate/Advanced Level

      Registration Deadline: by March 24th, 2014

      Warren Feld
      April 12-13, 2014
      10am-5pm Sat (with break for lunch)
      10am-4pm Sun (with break for lunch)

      2 Days
      Saturday - Sunday, April 12-13, 2014, 10am-5pm (Sat), 10am-4pm (Sun)
      (with a break for lunch)
      FEES: $90.00 plus supplies
      [Optional Kit available for puchase from instructor.
      Olive Fire Agate, $135.00 ]
      Registration Deposit: $90.00

      Wear that mystical, bead-bezeled stone close to your heart! Use tubular peyote, circular peyote, and spiral tube Ndebele stitches while exploring design ideas about fringe, edge, bail, surface embellishment and strap.

      The BezelWorks Pendant has a Center Piece, around which we create a bezel or frame, then do some edge and surface embellishment. Attached to this Center Piece is a bead woven butterfly bail. This piece hangs from a bead woven strap. For the bead artist working from an Art perspective, the frame, embellishment, bail, and strap should be seen as supplemental to the center piece. But if working from a Design Perspective, all these components should be seen more wholistically.

      So, not only will we be creating a beautiful piece in this workshop. We will also be discussing the implications for the choices we make about each element or component for creating a successful and satisfying piece. This includes our choices about managing the transition from one element to the next.

      The techniques we will be applying in this piece include:
      - tubular peyote, open back bezel
      - circular peyote
      - fringe
      - tubular spiral ndebele

      GWYNIAN ROPES BRACELET
      Intermediate/Advanced
      Right Angle Weave
      WORKSHOP: Sat, 9/27/14, 10am-5pm
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE at BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE (soon to be online as a kit)

      PLEASE HELP US AND WRITE A REVIEW FOR BE DAZZLED BEADS
      Click the highlighted link, or copy and paste the code into your browser

      YELP
      http://www.yelp.com/writeareview/search?war_desc=be+dazzled+beads&war_loc=Nashville%2C+TN

      GOOGLE
      http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&gs_upl=828l3671l0l3833l16l13l0l0l0l0l860l2898l2.6.1.2.6-1l12l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1343&bih=760&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=be+dazzled+beads&fb=1&gl=us&hq=be+dazzled+beads&hnear=0x8864ec3213eb903d:0x7d3fb9d0a1e9daa0,Nashville,+TN&cid=1466979333828469746&ei=7DwYT4-6Bojqtgedzu3BCw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=placepage-link&resnum=1&ved=0CD4Q4gkwAA

      LIKE us on FACEBOOK

      PLUS us on GOOGLE +

      JEWELRY DESIGN CAMP

      Immerse yourself into a week-long study of jewelry design theories,
      and their applications and manipulations with various materials, techniques and strategies.

      Camp Director, Warren Feld
      http://www.warrenfeldjewelry.com/jewelrydesigncamp/

      There are two 1-week sessions. Participants are invited to either session, or both. The focus is on designing jewelry, primarily using bead weaving techniques, but also incorporating techniques from bead stringing and wire working, as well. For beginners, intermediate and advanced students alike. Each session provides a separate series of projects, based on technical skill levels.

      2015 Sessions 1 and 2
      Tentatively:
      October 2015
      Session 1: The Architectural Basis of Bead Weaving Stitches

      October 2015
      Session 2: Fringe, Edge, Strap, Bail, Surface Embellishment in Jewelry -- Art or Not?

      ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR SMALLER, TARGETED EMAIL LISTS?
      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in Wire Work Jewelry. If you want to be added, send your email address to warren@... Type in WIRE WORK LIST in the subject line. NOTE: AOL.com has occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      We maintain a smaller targeted email list for those interested in Bead Weaving. If you want to be added, send your email address to warren@... Type in BEAD WEAVING LIST in the subject line.

      NOTE: AOL.com and charter.net have occasionally been rejecting these emails.

      BEADING CLOTCH
      Wednesday of each Month
      We’ve set aside the afternoons (noon to 3pm or later) on Wednesdays of each month for an open-ended Beading Clotch. Anyone may come, bring whatever projects they are working on, and work on them, share them, whatever. This is totally open-ended. No fees.

      10th Annual 2014 THE UGLY NECKLACE CONTEST: A JEWELRY DESIGN COMPETITION WITH A TWIST
      Special 2014 Rules: Necklace Must Be 2-Strand
      Deadline: August 31st, 2014
      Rules: www.landofodds.com/store/uglynecklace.htm

      INTERESTED IN TEACHING ONE OR MORE COURSES AT THE CBJA? We're always looking for additional teachers. Please review our Teacher Guide on-line at www.landofodds.com/beadschool/teacherguide/intro/cover.htm
      There is a section on Selection of Teachers and Courses, with information about how to propose a course(s). Then make an appointment with us (615-292-0610), and we can discuss prospects further. Looking for teachers with experience in the following areas:
      Micro-Macrame or Hemp with beads
      Fiber Arts and Beads classes

      ARRANGE A CLASS TO MEET YOUR OWN SCHEDULING NEEDS!
      All it takes is 3 people to make special arrangements for any of our classes. Just let us know your interests in specific courses, the time the three or more of you would like to meet, and we'll coordinate scheduling with the teacher.

      ------- CURRENT SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
      PLEASE PRE-REGISTER FOR CLASSES AT LEAST 3-5 DAYS AHEAD OF TIME
      NOTE: Class fees pay for instructional costs. Students are responsible for either bringing their supplies and tools, or purchasing these at Be Dazzled Beads. In some cases, kits are made up for a class. In other cases, there may be an additional laboratory or equipment charge. When registering, a deposit is required. You may pay this with a credit card or cash. If you are registering by phone, you may pay with a credit card. Deposits are nonrefundable. If you need to purchase your supplies and tools, please come a little earlier than the start time of the class, so you can finish purchasing what you need before the class begins.
      CBJA web-site: www.landofodds.com/beadschool/

      ORIENTATION TO BEADS AND JEWELRY FINDINGS Course
      We require that you begin your beading and jewelry making education by taking our Orientation class. Here we teach you how to select, buy and utilize various kinds of beads, metals, jewelry findings, clasps, stringing materials and tools. We review our class curriculum and how classes are sequenced, as well.

      This is class is free, but it is two and a half very full hours.
      Sat, 4/26, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 5/17, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 6/14, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 7/19, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 8/9, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 9/13, 9-11:30am,
      Sat, 10/11, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 11/8, 9-11:30am
      Sat, 12/13, 9-11:30am

      [for more information, go to
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/orientation/orient.htm ]

      CBJA OFFERS CLASSES IN SEVERAL “INTEREST AREAS”. EACH INTEREST AREA HAS IT’S OWN SEQUENCING OF CLASSES. THE PHILOSOPHY OF OUR PROGRAM IS THAT YOU NEED TO LEARN SKILLS DEVELOPMENTALLY. ONLY IN THIS WAY, CAN YOU BEGIN TO SEE AND UNDERSTAND HOW VARIOUS SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES ARE INTER-RELATED AND INTER-DEPENDENT.

      If interested in the BEAD STRINGING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation to Beads & Jewelry Findings
      2. Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      3. Pearl Knotting
      4. Wire Clinic – Making Coiled Loops
      5. Intro to Wire Working - Mix N Match Bracelet
      6. Intro to Color and Beads
      7. Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      8. Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      If interested in the BEAD WEAVING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation To Beads & Jewelry Findings
      2. Bead Weaving Basics - Intro to Bead Weaving, plus learn 3 stitches - Square, Even Count Flat Peyote, Right Angle Weave
      3. Other Beginner/Intermediate Level On-Going Classes and Workshops
      4. BEAD STRINGING: Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      5. BEAD STRINGING: Pearl Knotting
      6. WIRE WORK: Wire Clinic - Making Simple Loops and Coiled Loops
      7. JEWELRY DESIGN: Intro to Color and Beads
      8. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      9. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      For any one stitch, after the Bead Weaving Basics class, or other Intro Class, and where you have a more in-depth interest in, then:
      A. Class that covers tubular and/or circular forms
      B. Class that covers increasing and decreasing
      C. Class that covers embellishment, edges, fringes and straps
      D. Class that covers splitting and/or creating negative spaces
      E. Class that covers creating oversized pieces and multiple piece compositions
      F. Class that covers free form techniques and creating your own patterns
      G. Class that covers dimensionality and sculptural projects

      Participate in BEADERS' CIRCLE and/or BEADING CLOTCH.

      If interested in the WIRE WRAPPING Interest Area, the sequence:
      1. Orientation to Beads and Jewelry Findings
      2. Mix N Match Bracelet and Intro to Wire Wrapping
      3. BEAD STRINGING: Basics of Bead Stringing and Attaching Clasps
      4. WIRE WORK: Wire Clinic - Making Simple Loops and Coiled Loops
      5. Wire Bracelet w/Beads
      6. Wire - cabochon - Pendant
      7. Jewelry Findings and Link Bracelet
      8. Cold Fusion Techniques
      9. JEWELRY DESIGN: Intro to Color and Beads
      10. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design I: Principles of Composition
      11. JEWELRY DESIGN: Jewelry Design II: Forms and Structures

      Other Classes To Take:
      A. Classes that teach how to make chains and bead-chains
      B. Classes that teach other wire-wrapping techniques
      C. Classes that teach other wire-shaping techniques, such as making various jewelry findings and components

      You might be interested in other Silversmithing or Metal-Working classes that we offer.

      BEAD STRINGING

      BS0001: BASICS OF BEAD STRINGING/ATTACHING CLASPS, $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn both needle/thread and crimp/flexwire approaches to stringing beads; pros and cons of various types of clasps; use of various types of jewelry findings; insights about stringing beads from an expert)
      Sat, 5/3, 9am-1:30pm
      Sat, 7/12, 9am-1:30pm
      Sat, 9/6, 9am-1:30pm
      Sat, 11/1, 9am-1:30pm

      BY THE SEA BRACELET
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE
      Learn the needle and thread approach to bead stringing.

      CRYSTAL EXCITEMENT BRACELET
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE
      Learn how to crimp, using crimp beads, crimp covers, horseshoe wire protectors, cable wire and crimping pliers.

      BS0003: PEARL KNOTTING $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn this simple, straightforward technique. No special tools required)
      Sat, 5/3, 3-5:30pm
      Sat, 11/1, 3-5:30pm
      [for more information, go to www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/beadstring/beadstring.htm]
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE

      You can also take our Pearl Knotting class online as a video tutorial. This 106 minute video includes a downloadable handout.
      Go to: http://www.craftartedu.com/warren-feld-pearl-knotting-with-warren-feld

      PEARL KNOTTING - WARREN'S WAY

      http://www.craftartedu.com/warren-feld-pearl-knotting-with-warren-feld

      Everything you need to know for successfully designing with pearls, including knotting - traditional vs non traditional methods, attaching clasps, finishing, care of your pearls, repair and types of pearls, the nature of the pearl. Jewelry designer Warren Feld will lead you through this comprehensive CraftArtEdu class that is all about pearls. 6 Broadcasts.
      Price: $40
      Level: All Levels
      Duration: 106:17
      Includes 55-page downloadable handout

      BEAD WEAVING

      With much sadness but understanding, Kathleen Lynam will no longer be teaching classes at Be Dazzled Beads. Her "real" life has become fuller these past few years -- teaching head start and other teachers how to use puppetry in various lessons -- that she needed to carve out more time for these.

      NOTE, because of this, we will be making some changes to our Bead Weaving Curriculum.

      First, we will be winding down the Stitch of the Month.

      In its place, we will offer a 4-hour Introductory Bead Weaving Class that will cover
      - the technical basis of bead weaving, from using needles and waxing, to managing thread tension, to how best to hold your piece while working it
      - the Square Stitch
      - the Peyote Stitch
      - the Right Angle Weave Stitch
      - 3 Bracelet Projects will be provided to students, one for each stitch, and students will be given a choice as to which one they want to work on in class

      Every 2-3 months, we will offer a more intensive class, highlighting a particular stitch and its variations, the architectural underpinnings of this stitch, and creating a bracelet.

      And we will continue to offer project-focused classes, as well.

      BEAD WEAVING BASICS $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 6/7, 10am-2:30pm, with break for lunch
      Sat, 8/2, 10am-2:30pm, with break for lunch
      Sat, 10/4, 10am-2:30pm, with break for lunch
      Sat, 12/6, 10am-2:30pm, with break for lunch

      Take the first comprehensive class:
      Bead Weaving Basics: Square, Peyote and Right Angle Weave Stitches

      In this beginning class, we discuss such things as:
      MANAGING THREAD TENSION
      DESIGN ELEMENTS: FRINGE, EDGE, STRAPS, EMBELLISHMENT
      HOW TO HOLD YOUR PIECE WHILE WORKING IT
      BASICS ABOUT NEEDLES, THREADS, WAXES
      ANTICIPATING ISSUES OF MOVEMENT, DRAPE, FLOW and DURABILITY

      We practice 3 popular bead weaving techniques - Square, Flat Even-Count Peyote, and Right Angle Weave

      We go over instructions for making bracelets using these three stitches, and
      the student can select which particular bracelet project to work on in class.

      SQUARE STITCH

      GARDEN WALK BRACELET
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE
      TBA

      ETRUSCAN SQUARE STITCH BRACELET $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE
      TBA

      NETTING

      COBBLESTONES BRACELET
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE
      TBA

      ETRUSCAN VINE NECKLACE
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE

      NDEBELE

      MOTHERS CELEBRATION BRACELET
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE
      Sat, 12/6, 3-6pm

      ETRUSCAN COLLAR ($45.00 fee + Kit -- prices vary by palette) (deposit = $35.00 plus cost of kit ($160.00) + any upgrade options)
      Instructor: Warren Feld
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE
      TBA
      LOOK N'SEE: http://www.warrenfeldjewelry.com/ecollar.htm

      PEYOTE

      PEY I: EVEN COUNT FLAT PEYOTE BRACELET $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA

      PEYOTE II: TUBULAR PEYOTE –$35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space) Requires Peyote I, or Stitch of the Month – Peyote, or equivalent experience as prerequisite
      TBA

      BEADED CABOCHONS– PEYOTE STITCH WITH OPEN BACK METHOD $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      TBA

      BRICK

      TUXEDO PARK BRACELET ($35.00 fee +Kit) (deposit $35.00 plus cost of kit ($ )
      Instructor: Warren Feld
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE
      Now also available as online Video Tutorial at CraftArtEdu.com
      TBA
      LOOK N'SEE: http://www.learntobead.net/kits/beadweave/stitch/brick/bw1.som06brick/tuxedo-about.htm

      FRINGE

      MONET’S GARDEN BRACELET $45.00 fee plus kit of beads ($45.00+kit price deposit reserves space)
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE

      CATERPILLAR ESPIRITU BRACELET $35.00 fee plus kit of beads ($35.00 + kit price deposit reserves space) (Kit runs around $86.50)
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE (soon to be available)
      Sat, 10/4, 3-6pm

      RIGHT ANGLE WEAVE

      BLAZING BARNACLES NECKLACE
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE BAZZLED OR ONLINE

      GWYNIAN ROPES BRACELET
      Intermediate/Advanced
      Right Angle Weave
      WORKSHOP: Sat, 9/27/14, 10am-5pm
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE (soon to be online as a kit)

      BEAD EMBROIDERY

      HAPUA REEF BRACELET $35.00 instructional fee ($40.00 deposit reserves space)
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE (soon to be online as a kit)
      TBA

      DAFFODIL CUFF BRACELET
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE

      BEAD CROCHET

      INTRODUCTION TO BEAD CROCHET: $45.00 instructional fee ($45.00 deposit reserves space) (3 hour class plus 1 additional hour to be scheduled by teacher and students)
      TBA

      PERLEN CROCHET
      Cecilia Wells teaches this beginners class on Perlen Crochet (aka Turkish Crochet). This is a different bead crochet stitch than is traditionally taught. In this class you will learn the Perlen Crochet technique, and make a bracelet.
      Instructional fee: $35.00 plus supplies
      TBA

      DRAGON BACK BRACELET
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE

      PETERSBURG CHAIN

      PETERSBURG CHAIN BRACELET $35.00 instructional fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      Sat, 4/5/14, 10am-12:30pm

      AUTUMNS END BRACELET
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE

      SPIRAL ROPE

      OTHER PROJECTS

      BEZELWORKS PENDANT
      Intermediate/Advanced
      Combines tubular peyote, circular peyote, fringe, dimensional peyote, spiral ndebele stitchs
      WORKSHOP: April 12-13, 2014
      KIT AND INSTRUCTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE AT BE DAZZLED OR ONLINE

      BEADERS' CIRCLE
      This unstructured group meets one Saturday afternoon each month, usually the 2nd or 3rd Saturday. The group works one on particular project out of a recent Bead & Button or Beadwork magazine. No fees. If you don't have the magazine copies, you can download a set of instructions for each project at the magazine's website.

      Next scheduled dates for Beaders Circle:
      Sat, 4/26, 1-5pm
      Sat, 5/17, 1-5pm
      Sat, 5/31, 1-5pm
      Sat, 6/14, 1-5pm
      Sat, 7/19, 1-5pm
      Sat, 8/9, 1-5pm
      Sat, 9/13, 1-5pm
      Sat, 10/11, 1-5pm
      Sat, 11/8, 1-5pm
      Sat, 12/13, 1-5pm

      BEADING/JEWELRY MAKING AS A BUSINESS

      BUS3001: PRICING AND SELLING YOUR JEWELRY
      http://www.craftartedu.com/jewelry/warren-feld-pricing-and-selling-your-jewelry
      (Learn to apply a formula for determining a fair retail price and a fair wholesale price; learn basics of marketing process)
      This class is now only available online at CraftArtEdu.com
      $15.00 video tutorial (51 minutes)

      Learn how to achieve "fair pricing" for your art with businessman/ artist, Warren Feld. Understand your role in the world of jewelry commerce and how to make money by doing what you love, through fair pricing of your work. No handout is included in this class. Price: $15 ; Media: Jewelry ; Level: Beginner ; Duration: 51:09

      BUS3007: GETTING YOUR JEWELRY MAKING BUSINESS STARTED $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn about local, state and federal requirements/forms; simple bookkeeping set up to track costs and revenues; defining business model)
      TBA
      BUS3009: SO YOU WANT TO DO CRAFT SHOWS…
      http://www.craftartedu.com/warren-feld-so-you-want-to-do-craft-shows
      (Learn how to find craft shows, apply for booth, set up booth, market, inventory and the like)
      This class is now only available online at CraftArtEdu.com
      $30.00 video tutorial (114 minutes)

      BUS3010: INTERNET MARKETING FOR VERY SMALL BUSINESSES…THAT WORKS! $30.00 fee ($30.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn about affordable strategies very small businesses can do to market their websites)
      TBA
      [for more information, go to www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/business/business.htm]

      GENERAL JEWELRY DESIGN CO-CURRICULAR COURSES

      GEN6001: INTRODUCTION TO COLOR WITH BEADS $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space)
      (Learn how the bead asserts its need for color.)
      Prerequisites: Orientation to Beads & Jewelry Findings; Attaching Clasps
      Sat, 6/7, 3-6pm
      GEN6006: JEWELRY DESIGN I: COMPOSITION AND BASIC DESIGN PRINCIPLES $35.00 fee ($35.00 deposit reserves space) (Learn 10 principles of jewelry design, and critique /various finished necklaces, in terms of these principles)
      Prerequisites: Orientation to Beads & Jewelry Findings; Attaching Clasps; Intro to Color and Beads
      Sat, 8/2, 3-6pm

      WIRE WORKING AND WIRE WRAPPING COURSES
      www.landofodds.com/beadschool/sg/curr/electives/wirework/wirework.htm

      Beginner:
      WIRE CLINIC: Making Loops and Coiled Loops on Head and Eye Pins
      $15.00 fee (tools and wire provided) ($15.00 deposit reserves space)
      Thurs, 4/10, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 5/15, 5:30-6:00pm
      Thurs, 6/26, 5:30-6:00pm

      CORE COURSES
      WIRECORE1: MIX & MATCH MULTI-WIRE TECHNIQUES BRACELET
      Learn about wires, tools, and several simple wire-wrapping techniques
      $35.00 instructional fee PLUS $25.00 kit fee ($60.00 deposit) (6 student limit)
      Look ‘N See: http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wirecore1.jpg
      TBA

      WIRECORE2: WIRE WRAP BRACELET WITH BEADS
      Learn to create structurally-functional bracelet with wires and beads
      $35.00 instructional fee PLUS $45.00 sterling silver kit fee or $25.00 copper kit fee ($80.00 deposit w/sterling kit or $60.00 deposit w/copper kit) (6 student limit)
      Look ‘N See: http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wirecore2.jpg
      TBA

      WIRECORE3: WIRE WRAP CABOCHON - PENDANT
      Learn to make structural supporting frame w/pendant bail by wrapping cabochon
      $35.00 instructional fee PLUS $35.00 sterling silver kit fee or $20.00 copper kit fee ($70.00 deposit w/sterling kit or $55.00 w/copper kit) (6 student limit)
      Look ‘N See: http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wirecore3.jpg
      TBA

      ELECTIVES

      WIRE10: JEWELRY FINDINGS and CHAIN BRACELET
      Learn to make simple wire shapes and jewelry findings, as well as a chain-linked bracelet
      $35.00 instructional fee PLUS $15.00 kit fee ($50.00 deposit) (6 student limit)
      Look ‘N See: http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire10.jpg
      TBA

      WIRE14: COLD CONNECTIONS COMPONENTS BRACELET
      Learn connection and metal texturing techniques by creating components to assemble into a bracelet. $35.00 instructional fee PLUS $25.00 kit fee ($60.00 deposit) (6 student limit)
      TBA

      WIRE13: VIKING KNIT BRACELET
      Learn to make a bracelet using wire and the viking knit technique $35.00 instructional fee PLUS $15.00 kit fee ($50.00 deposit) (6 student limit)
      Look 'N See: http://www.landofodds.com/beadschool/images/wire13.jpg
      TBA

      SILVERSMITHING COURSES

      (1) Silversmithing (Need to reserve a place about 4-6 weeks ahead of when you'd like to take the course)
      Instructor: Nancie Roarke
      Introductory course is $470.00 ($300.00 deposit). (Includes instructional fee, supplies; tools provided for use in class)
      This involves four 3-hour session classes, spread out over 2 weeks. There is also some homework assigned. This class is taught with only 1 or 2 students. You will also need to have a jeweler’s saw and blades. If purchased at Be Dazzled for this class, these will cost around $45.00 - $55.00.

      -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

      CLIP THIS

      TEMPORARY BEAD ARTIST DISCOUNT CARD

      For use at
      Be Dazzled Beads
      Voted #3 Best Bead Shop In America in survey by jsbeads.com
      718 Thompson Lane, Ste 123
      Nashville TN 37204
      615-292-0610
      www.bedazzledbeads.com

      15% off when your total purchase is between $25.00 and $74.99
      20% off when your total purchase is over $75.00

      Courtesy of The Center For Beadwork & Jewelry Arts