PHRF #

  • lwtaylor
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
      Does anybody know where I can get the PHRF numbers for a MacGreggor 36?
      I need them very quickly so my partner in crime can enter 'Spanish
      Dancer' in a race in Flamingo Costa Rica next weekend

      Thanks

      Lee
    • sailcenter@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
        In a message dated 12/1/00 7:02:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
        lwtaylor@... writes:

        > Does anybody know where I can get the PHRF numbers for a MacGreggor 36?
        > I need them very quickly so my partner in crime can enter 'Spanish

        Lee:

        It varies area to area. It's NOT* a national number. You can try the San
        Diego PHRF schedules though. I tried to locate them but am in a bit of a
        rush. Perhaps at www.sdyc.org

        MM

      • Vanepps, Chris
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
          Lee,
          Mark is right about the varying numbers around the country.
          US Sailing's PHRF site is http://www.ussailing.org/phrf/phrfcon.htm

          Are you sure it's not a MacGregor 26? The 36 is a cat, right?. Introduced
          in 1976 and production ceased in 1983. I've seen PHRF numbers for the 22,
          26 & 65, but no 36. The 26 has ratings from 210 to 222, depending on
          location.
          Looks quite fast. I can't imagine any fleet giving you a rating much better
          than 45-50 for that beast.

          I also discovered that our J33 would have the same rating in No-Cal, as it
          does in the NorthEast (84).

          Good luck,

          Christopher H. VanEpps, S.E.A.
          Lockheed Martin Federal Systems, MD0902
          Owego, NY 13827
          Ph: (607)751-3186
          Fx: (607)751-2008

          rush. Perhaps at www.sdyc.org

          MM

          BeachCats homepage: http://www.egroups.com/group/beachcats

        • Bill Cash
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2000
            Chris,

            You may have given me thins information before but my mind is like a
            steel trap!! (rusted shut).. Is there a place where those ratings
            are listed?

            Thanks

            Bill

            --- In beachcats@egroups.com, "Vanepps, Chris" <chris.vanepps@l...>

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2000
              I guess I should read the entire post before I ask a quetion

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 2, 2000
                Hey MM and Chris

                Thanks for the info I told Mike to use 51 as the rating since I could
                not get a reply from any of the people I contacted nor could I find
                anyone that raced a MacGreggor 36 to get a number from I think it's a
                pretty informal race they just had to 'slow' him down a bit.

                Lee