RE: [beachcats] Re: Launching on Okaloosa island

  • Damon Linkous
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2012
      Well that message is a mess, here's the map link.

      It's easy to launch into the Bay at Leeside park, just West of the
      Destin bridge and then sail through the Destin pass under the bridge out
      to the Gulf.

      Or you can launch at Grayton Beach, either by buying a beech driving
      license or using beach wheels. It's also sometimes possible to launch
      into the lake down the street from the Red Bar and then portage onto the
      beach, it depends on the water level how hard that is.

      https://maps.google.com/maps?q=grayton+beach,+fl&hl=en&ll=30.327805,-86.
      162167&spn=0.016021,0.027874&hnear=Grayton+Beach,+Florida&gl=us&t=h&z=16
      &source=gplus-ogsb

    • johnc
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24, 2012
        I launched at marler park yesterday just for the day. Stayed in the bay though. Going through the destin bridge out to the gulf can be hairy sometimes as confused waves are the norm going out to the gulf. It I had a friendly place to beach for a few days I would have gone out to the gulf, but it isn't worth it IMO. I may try Grayton beach sometime, but that's a little further from Seascape.
        Thanks,
        John C