hi, folks. bermen or white?

  • newdlhead@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2010
      i know we've been through this before, but i read the amazon reviews of bermans book, versus white's book, and i can't help but feel that whites book is for me down the road. bermans book looks to be for cat dunces, a category i'd fall into. anyone care to second that?
      i have not put kitty in the water yet,
      i ordered sail tape for the sail, i am not going to sew the sail. or paint the hulls or anything else. with the little time i will get away, i want to sail the darn thing, not tinker with it.

      so, as a complete beginner, do i need to shave milliseconds of my time ala whites, or get to the basics, ala berman?
      the only reason i ask is because everyone is so whitecentric, and bermans book got lukewarm amazon reviews and is deeply discounted in price, yet i still feel as a beginner, it is a better fit, no?

    • David Farmer
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
        I think you'll find Berman's book helpful at your current level.

        Dave

        To: beachcats@yahoogroups.com
        From: newdlhead@...
        Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 23:17:43 -0400
        Subject: [beachcats] hi, folks. bermen or white?

      • HobieCatSailor@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
          Berman's may be a bit dated, tho full of useful information.

          Rick White's book has been updated with some of the things we have learned over the years.

          I'd buy em both. saves on shipping. there is information in each of them that you will find useful.

          Stephen