Good News on Mast Shipping

  • hobiegary
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 4, 2010
      A friend of mine just shipped a Tornado mast from Carson, CA (L.A.) to Mephis, TN. Price includes wrapping it up. Ready for this?
      <Drumroll>
      Eighty-five dollars.

      The shipper is Forward Air.

      Misteer hobiegary
    • Ryan McHale
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 4, 2010
        But the key question is, did it arrive in the condition it left in, or did it acquire a little accidental machining (scratches), or bends???

        Ryan
        I Still Love Sailing!!!
        _____________________________/)_/)_/)______(\___________________________

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 4, 2010
          Forward Air is pretty good from the experiences I have heard about. Pin-ball machines, motorcycles, etc..

          This is the first time I have heard about a mast, but I am not suprised. Curious to hear how it turns out.

          ~D

          To: beachcats@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 4, 2010
            Gary,

            That's an incredible deal on shipping.

            But I'm curious about who in Memphis wanted a Tornado mast? (I'm
            assuming it was shipped to Memphis and not Mephis)

            Could you email me that info?

            Damon

          • hobiegary
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 4, 2010
              Damon,

              I mis-spoke and misspelled on top of it! It went to Nashville.

              --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, "Damon Linkous" <beachcats@...> wrote:

              > Gary,
              >
              > That's an incredible deal on shipping.
              >
              > But I'm curious about who in Memphis wanted a Tornado mast? (I'm
              > assuming it was shipped to Memphis and not Mephis)
              >
              > Could you email me that info?
              >
              > Damon

            • Damon Linkous
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 4, 2010
                Ok, never mind then. I think I know everyone in Memphis that sail cats,
                not so much NashVegas. ;-)

                Damon

              • David Farmer
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 4, 2010
                  All hail Gary!

                  Dave

                  To: beachcats@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 4, 2010
                    Damon,

                    My youngest just told me the forecast for Memphis Thursday.

                    She said the low is 11, with a 50% chance of snow.

                    Stay warm.
                    She is home for the break, as a student at Rhodes.

                    Happy New Year!

                    Todd Elozory

                    H21SE

                    Thonotosassa, Florida

                  • hobiegary
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 4, 2010
                      Our friend in Nashville expects to have pictures of sailing his Tornado, ... soon.

                      Today was 25º and sunny. He plans to assemble his Tornado this weekend... or thereabouts.

                      Pictures of winter solo sailing with spinnaker may be forthcoming.

                      Gary

                      --- In beachcats@yahoogroups.com, Todd Elozory <todd.sam@...> wrote:

                      > Damon,
                      >

                      > My youngest just told me the forecast for Memphis Thursday.
                      >
                      > She said the low is 11, with a 50% chance of snow.
                      >
                      > Stay warm.
                      > She is home for the break, as a student at Rhodes.
                      >

                      > Happy New Year!
                      >

                      > Todd Elozory
                      >
                      > H21SE
                      >
                      > Thonotosassa, Florida

                    • Damon Linkous
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 5, 2010
                        > My youngest just told me the forecast for Memphis Thursday.
                        > She said the low is 11, with a 50% chance of snow.
                        > Stay warm.
                        > She is home for the break, as a student at Rhodes.
                        >Happy New Year!
                        >Todd Elozory

                        Your daughter is super lucky to miss this week in Memphis.
                        It's been freaking cold lately and getting worse.

                        I know it's nothing compared to the weather that Yankees have on a
                        regular basis, but that's the diff, living in Memphis I just don't have
                        the clothes to deal with high temps below freezing for very long. Our
                        houses are not constructed with the expectations of single digit temps,
                        and we have no snow handling equipment for roads, driveways, and walks,
                        so any snow pretty much shuts us down.

                        Today's high is 29,

                        Current forecast high/low
                        Thursday 27/9
                        Friday 18/4
                        Saturday 18/7

                        At least it won't rain Thursday-Saturday, that is the normal Memphis
                        winter weather, dark and rainy.
                        http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=38104&
                        wuSelect=WEATHER
                      • Dale Eigenberger
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 5, 2010
                          Global Warming....

                          To: beachcats@yahoogroups.com
                          From: beachcats@...
                          Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:05:53 -0600
                          Subject: [beachcats] Was Mast Stepping, now Weather Talk

                          > My youngest just told me the forecast for Memphis Thursday.
                          > She said the low is 11, with a 50% chance of snow.
                          > Stay warm.
                          > She is home for the break, as a student at Rhodes.
                          >Happy New Year!
                          >Todd Elozory

                          Your daughter is super lucky to miss this week in Memphis.
                          It's been freaking cold lately and getting worse.

                          I know it's nothing compared to the weather that Yankees have on a
                          regular basis, but that's the diff, living in Memphis I just don't have
                          the clothes to deal with high temps below freezing for very long. Our
                          houses are not constructed with the expectations of single digit temps,
                          and we have no snow handling equipment for roads, driveways, and walks,
                          so any snow pretty much shuts us down.

                          Today's high is 29,

                          Current forecast high/low
                          Thursday 27/9
                          Friday 18/4
                          Saturday 18/7

                          At least it won't rain Thursday-Saturday, that is the normal Memphis
                          winter weather, dark and rainy.
                          http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=38104&
                          wuSelect=WEATHER

                        • mark dickens
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 5, 2010
                            Today in Los Angeles we are at 77*...hmmm, soon it will be warm enough to go sailing.

                            Mark

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 5, 2010
                              77 is plenty warm for sailing.... try 45 And pouring, we race in WI.

                              ~D

                              To: beachcats@yahoogroups.com
                              From: markdickens2000@...
                              Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:01:09 -0800
                              Subject: Re: [beachcats] Was Mast Stepping, now Weather Talk

                              Today in Los Angeles we are at 77*...hmmm, soon it will be warm enough to go sailing.

                              Mark

                              > My youngest just told me the forecast for Memphis Thursday.

                              > She said the low is 11, with a 50% chance of snow.

                              > Stay warm.

                              > She is home for the break, as a student at Rhodes.

                              >Happy New Year!

                              >Todd Elozory

                              Your daughter is super lucky to miss this week in Memphis.

                              It's been freaking cold lately and getting worse.

                              I know it's nothing compared to the weather that Yankees have on a

                              regular basis, but that's the diff, living in Memphis I just don't have

                              the clothes to deal with high temps below freezing for very long. Our

                              houses are not constructed with the expectations of single digit temps,

                              and we have no snow handling equipment for roads, driveways, and walks,

                              so any snow pretty much shuts us down.

                              Today's high is 29,

                              Current forecast high/low

                              Thursday 27/9

                              Friday 18/4

                              Saturday 18/7

                              At least it won't rain Thursday-Saturday, that is the normal Memphis

                              winter weather, dark and rainy.

                              http://www.wundergr ound.com/ cgi-bin/findweat her/getForecast? query=38104&

                              wuSelect=WEATHER

                            • Buzz
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 5, 2010
                                Dale I had a chance to visit Wisconsin for the first time this year. We
                                stayed at the harbor in Racine and then attended the Jimmy Buffett
                                concert at Alpine Valley. I have seen Buffett many times but without a
                                doubt this was the concert of his I have attended. If I see him again it
                                will be in Wisconsin!
                                Buzz

                                On 1/5/2010 1:15 PM, Dale Eigenberger wrote:
                                > 77 is plenty warm for sailing.... try 45 And pouring, we race in WI.
                                >

                                > ~D
                                >

                                > To: beachcats@yahoogroups.com
                                > From: markdickens2000@...
                                > Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:01:09 -0800
                                > Subject: Re: [beachcats] Was Mast Stepping, now Weather Talk
                                >

                                > Today in Los Angeles we are at 77*...hmmm, soon it will be warm enough to go sailing.
                                >
                                > Mark

                              • Buzz
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 5, 2010
                                  Make that "the BEST concert of his I have attended."
                                  Buzz

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 5, 2010
                                    From Matt Miller @ Hobie Cat Company:
                                    "Ping... deadline approaching on this offer. Get your orders in to a dealer!"

                                    We have 12 people that committed to new hulls on the Hobie Forum Poll.
                                    I know of 3 orders that have been placed, and am relatively sure about a couple of others.
                                    Please let me know if you have placed your order so we can keep on top of this.

                                    MUST429@...

                                    Orders need to be in to your local Hobie Dealer by the 15th of January if we hopeto have these hulls laid up and here in time for the beginning of the2010 sailing season.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 6, 2010
                                      Alpine Valley is a special place. :)

                                      As for Racince, that is where we (CRAW) are hosting Nacra Nationals/ F18 Nationals this year. Since you have first hand knoledge, send everyone you can!

                                      Let me know next time you are in the area & we will sail on my ocean since I have sailed on yours :)

                                      ~D

                                      To: beachcats@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: buzz258@...
                                      Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 15:16:40 -0800